Halo franchise

I haven't played Halo 3 in like... At least a month. D:
ЯOAN Wrote:I haven't played Halo 3 in like... At least a month. D:

hmm cod4 gurl
Artie Wrote:

hmm cod4 gurl

Hardly.

I've only played COD4 online like 3-4 times.

Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, Mario Galaxy and Mass Effect have been eating up all of my time.
ЯOAN Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

hmm cod4 gurl

Hardly.

I've only played COD4 online like 3-4 times.

Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, Mario Galaxy and Mass Effect have been eating up all of my time.

i meant me lol
I can't believe you're paying for that, but at the same time I can.
I haven't played video games since Thanksgiving break. Prior to that, I hadn't played in several weeks either. Man, if I had my Wii down here, I'd get nothing done.
800 points.

And they'll be free in a few months. I'm waiting.
sam Wrote:hey what happened to my post

brad this one was completely on topic and non-offnesive wha

Ever stop to think you never posted it?
i didn't delete any post of yours today
sam Wrote:http://www.bungie.net/Inside/webcam.aspx

WHAT THE carp IS ARBITER DOING TO THE PONY HOLY carp

Shhh, it's his preeeeciouuuusssss.
i haz rec0n armer!1

Nice group photo. Any info on when/if Arby 'n' Chief: Episode 4 will be out?
What's the minimum number of BR bursts you need to kill someone in Halo 3? Almost everyone I play against in matchmaking seems to be able to kill me in only 3 bursts, but when it's me, I always end up having to use full clips just to kill one guy (and that's without missing). This happens to me all the time, in every carp game. Just today in a Slayer BRs match on Isolation, I spot a guy, start shooting with the BR, he notices me and starts shooting back when I'm ahead by like 3 bursts and in the end still manages to kill me off first (and no, I wasn't missing). What the carp is up with this carp?
King of Darkness Wrote:What's the minimum number of BR bursts you need to kill someone in Halo 3? Almost everyone I play against in matchmaking seems to be able to kill me in only 3 bursts, but when it's me, I always end up having to use full clips just to kill one guy (and that's without missing). This happens to me all the time, in every carp game. Just today in a Slayer BRs match on Isolation, I spot a guy, start shooting with the BR, he notices me and starts shooting back when I'm ahead by like 3 bursts and in the end still manages to kill me off first (and no, I wasn't missing). What the carp is up with this carp?

Headshots?
bugturtles Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:What's the minimum number of BR bursts you need to kill someone in Halo 3? Almost everyone I play against in matchmaking seems to be able to kill me in only 3 bursts, but when it's me, I always end up having to use full clips just to kill one guy (and that's without missing). This happens to me all the time, in every carp game. Just today in a Slayer BRs match on Isolation, I spot a guy, start shooting with the BR, he notices me and starts shooting back when I'm ahead by like 3 bursts and in the end still manages to kill me off first (and no, I wasn't missing). What the carp is up with this carp?

Headshots?

That was my guess as well.

It usually only takes 3-4 bursts in the head to take someone down with the BR.

However, I'm not sure what the damage is for anywhere else on the body. Basically, do your best to aim for the head.
Since I've played Halo Combat Evolved on the Mac for a very long time, I'm very used to lead my shots and just quit because I didn't like doing so just to "be good". I liked how this game didn't really need to have a shot that was lead.

(but for some reason Halo 3 is just losing its appeal to me.. I like CoD4 more..)
bugturtles Wrote:(but for some reason Halo 3 is just losing its appeal to me.. I like CoD4 more..)

gtfo
Oh, I watched a video once where they showed aiming at the chest was more effective than the head because of how the BR burst spread works. I still go instinctively for the head sometimes, though I aimed at the chest most time with the video in mind. I'll try aiming solely to the head now.

Had a funny Team Slayer match yesterday on The Pit. I spent most of the match with the Sniper Rifle and the Needler (two of my favorite weapons, even though I'm carp at aiming with the Sniper) at the top of one of the "towers" sniping guys in the opposite side's tower. I'm far from being good at Halo, but some of those guys kept going for the turret, even though they had just been sniped in that same spot. One guy in particular, all he did was go for the turret and get sniped a bunch of times lol
Excuse me the double post, but this needs to get bumped.

I was wondering if anyone here uses the Bumper Jumper (melee on RB, jumping on LB ) button configuration. I see a few of you guys enjoy using the Sword, so it'd probably help you since you'll be able to aim at the same time you melee. Actually, it would always be better overall, if you get used to it. I haven't tried it myself since my controlers LB isn't working so well.

Also, some old pics I took, featuring me holding the sword because it's a great weapon for badass shots:

On Blackout, Gloomy effect on:
[Image: gloomyblackoutspartaninjc2.th.jpg]

[Image: gloomyblackoutswordbadaem4.th.jpg]

[Image: gloomyblackoutswordbadaas7.th.jpg]
Pure badass.

Cold Storage, Juicy effect on:
[Image: coldstorageenergyswordab3.th.jpg]

[Image: coldstorageswordjumpmp8.th.jpg]

[Image: coldstoragegreenswordie1.th.jpg]
I thought the green looked cool.

[Image: coldstorageswordkingdv4.th.jpg]

[Image: coldstoragecomintogetchan0.th.jpg]
Comin' to getcha!

[Image: coldstorageshinninggoldwr6.th.jpg]
Shinning armor, lightning sword.
(Aug. 14, 2008  10:14 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: Excuse me the double post, but this needs to get bumped.

I was wondering if anyone here uses the Bumper Jumper (melee on RB, jumping on LB ) button configuration. I see a few of you guys enjoy using the Sword, so it'd probably help you since you'll be able to aim at the same time you melee. Actually, it would always be better overall, if you get used to it. I haven't tried it myself since my controlers LB isn't working so well.

I need to try this. One problem with the default configs is the fact that jump uses the same thumb as aim, as well as melee.

Besides I never really use the bumper buttons for anything besides from duel wielding etc

But if it doesn't work out for me, I'll just change my aim sensitivity.
k guys i'm up for a game of beywiki community matches tonight at 10 PM EST

Trying out Bumper Jumper. It's a bit hard on my fingers because I always played using the original settings. I want to try out Boxer for regular matches too, but the aiming isn't as great (jump and aim/look using the same thumb).

Right now I have my middle finger on my shoot right and have the index on the melee, while jump uses index (left) and the left middle finger for grenades/etc.

Probably gonna try out Boxer config later tonight if you guys can play.
I WILL BE THERE

limited time offer, only valid tonight ;-P
i will be there
unfortunatly i still wont have my mic; i get that back tomorrow ;x
You guys suck, you tell me to download the Heroic Map Pack and when I get back two of you are offline and two are playing Rock Band. Unhappy

Aside from the first few sword games, the rest were pretty lame. No slayer or anything. booo

oh and the whole having to press a button or not to talk was confusing me!