Halo franchise

To break the long stream of Japanese-made game topics and wondering why this really wasn't here to begin with, I made this topic for Halo discussion. Anyway, I haven't played Halo 3 in a couple weeks, so I'm sort of going into withdrawel (Not owning an Xbox 360 + Not owning Halo 3= withdrawing Katashi). But seriously, Halo 3, fun game. Forge, fun as hell.
i heard it was causing xbox's to break
Fleetscut Wrote:i heard it was causing xbox's to break

Where'd you hear this?
some people around school
I have Halo 2, massive fun for parties, but I doubt I'll ever get Halo 3, because that would be the only game I'd get for the 360.
gears of war is pretty awsome. its all my brother would play before halo 3 came out
Halo 3 isn't all that great. Single player was pathetic, multi is pretty fun.

Don't see what the hype is about these games.
Artie Wrote:Halo 3 isn't all that great. Single player was pathetic, multi is pretty fun.

full of win!
But yeah, I hate how some games in general can get over hyped about.
Artie Wrote:Halo 3 isn't all that great. Single player was pathetic, multi is pretty fun.

The hype was due mostly to marketing. This is Microsoft's biggest IP and they had every intention of marketing it as such.

I personally love the Halo games. Before Halo I more or less despised shooters. Halo kind of eased me into them. Its great because anyone can pick it up and play and have a good time, yet there is plenty of stuff to keep hardcore gamers interested.

I also think you didn't enjoy the single player very much because you completely missed the first two games. Half the thrill of Halo 3's single player was seeing the whole story ark come to a close. Having missed 2/3's of that story, I could see why you'd be disappointed in Halo 3. No, reading a Wiki entry of the first two game's plots is not the same as actually playing through them. I thought the single player was pretty damn good. The story sort of stumbled in certain parts, but the actual game play in Halo 3 single player is leaps and bounds more fun than in Halo 1 and 2. The huge vehicular skirmishes and just pure massive amounts of enemies you encounter in Halo 3 didn't happen in the first two. Overall I had more fun with the single player in 3 than I did in the others.

Everyone praises Halo 1's single player campaign but I honestly thought it was absolutely awful. Playing through the Library with its endless repeated corridors was far from my definition of fun. lol

Halo 3 fixed a lot of that. I was surprised by the amount of outdoor battles and the sheer size of the places in which the single player missions took place. Much better and much more interesting level design on Bungie's part.
I honestly thought the SP was really boring, lol.

Only way I'll play it again is co-op.
Ah Halo 3 I love it sooooooooooooo much the ending to the game made me shed a tear. I was heart broken when I saw what happened to Chief (won't spoil it). The mulitplayer was sooooooo much fun and I got 10 kills in my first game. I really liked the Mongoose cuz it was fast and easy to ride. overall Halo rocks and when I get a job I am saving up to buy a 360 and all 3 halo games.
Litrid Wrote:Ah Halo 3 I love it sooooooooooooo much the ending to the game made me shed a tear. I was heart broken when I saw what happened to Chief (won't spoil it). The mulitplayer was sooooooo much fun and I got 10 kills in my first game. I really liked the Mongoose cuz it was fast and easy to ride. overall Halo rocks and when I get a job I am saving up to buy a 360 and all 3 halo games.

Watch after the credits Wink
oh don't worry I did watch thats wat made me heart broken.
Halo 1 Campaign I didn't like as much.

Kept on going through the hallfs of the Library and 'sploding Floods weren't really fun IMO.

I NEED to scrounge up the money for Halo 3. D:
the temple level in goldeneye is pretty great
I hated Halo 3's campaign for one area..
HIGH CHARITY.

Did anyone else find that place insanely annoying?
It just seemed like the enemies never stopped coming.. the whole place pretty much looked the same, so it was a real pain to get anywhere.
SereneCrimson Wrote:I hated Halo 3's campaign for one area..
HIGH CHARITY.

Did anyone else find that place insanely annoying?
It just seemed like the enemies never stopped coming.. the whole place pretty much looked the same, so it was a real pain to get anywhere.

rofl

I totally know and agree with what you're talking about.

On Co-Op it's not nearly as frustrating (I played through on Heroic with Artie) but when I played through by myself on Normal I wanted to die.
dude carp halo SP

carp is BORING

and carp that flood ship
Playing Halo 3 with inverted aim is reeetarded and annoying, for me at least.
Kei Wrote:Playing Halo 3 with inverted aim is reeetarded and annoying, for me at least.

So change your controller settings then?

rofl
Roan Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Playing Halo 3 with inverted aim is reeetarded and annoying, for me at least.

So change your controller settings then?

rofl

Lol, well I couldn't exactly do that.

Today my school was fund raising for United Way and different classes put on different events (which you pay for to participate in, and all the money goes to UW), and one was a Halo 3 tournament. When my turn came they just handed me the controller and I wasn't able to switch the settings. D:

I still got like 6 kills out of 15 though, so I suppose thats alright for my second time playing Halo 3 and with inverted aim. xD
Halo 3 = expensive update to Halo 2

I'll still be playing Halo 2 for a longggggggggg time, for several reasons:
System link
awesome maps and weapons

I have to sleep Chocked, list more tomorrow Grin
Had one hell of a time today playing in the co-op mode with friend who owns 360 and Halo 3. We finished Gears of War sometime ago in the co-op mode, so now we're playing through Halo's. I die a lot more in this one though lol Multiplayer is a lot of fun as well. Never played the previous 2 games though.
You should play Halo 1 and 2 just to get a full glimpse of the story.

I did play both on co-op with a friend of mine but as Halo 3 arrived I forgot about what happened in the first games to a certain extent. Still a great game though; I enjoyed playing alone as much as co-op.
Multiplayer sucks carp so much it's unbelievable. Campaign is only good to know how the story develops, apart from that Halo 3 is WAY over-rated.

Back to trusty old Gears Smile