HMS - Unfair or advantageous?

(Feb. 09, 2009  11:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Oh yeah? SGs weren't compatible with 4 layer. SP weren't compatible with any non-V2 Beyblade. EG weren't compatible with non-EG Beyblades. Breaking compatibility has been a tradition in Beyblade; simply because this step was larger doesn't mean it wasn't a progression. It was just a revolution rather than evolution.

I concede! However, I think HMS can be considered both a revolution, and an evolution. In the past "evolutions", no change was as big as the move to HMS was.

This brings up the question though, is MFB not a revolution? It isn't necessarily an evolution yet, but if it can be considered either, HMS vs. MFB should be considered fair (though the competition may not be balanced at this point).

You might say, "well HMS and plastics are not allowed in official MFB tournaments", but then you're basically saying that the only reason you believe that HMS and plastics were meant to compete with each other is because they were allowed in official tournaments, not because they were an evolution of the system.
MFB is a new series.
HMS was a continuation of a previous series.

That's it.
(Feb. 09, 2009  11:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: MFB is a new series.
HMS was a continuation of a previous series.

That's it.

I could argue this further, but this is, officially speaking what it really comes down to, and anything else would be purely opinionated.
i think hms should battle hms and plastic should battle plastic
IMO Plastics and HMS should be allowed together. They're still both part of the same beyblade generation/era/series. HMS are not incredibly different from plastics. Takara just improved on the previous system which was engine gear, then before that, magnacore. It's not like Takara could keep the same plastic design, they had to keep updating in order to keep people interested. And when engine gears came out people didn't start banning it from battling with the 4&5layer beyblades....

But MFB is a whole new series and has a completely different design/make-up and obviously should not be allowed with the previous plastic and HMS beyblades.
(Feb. 12, 2009  9:28 PM)Aqua_24 Wrote: IMO Plastics and HMS should be allowed together. They're still both part of the same beyblade generation/era/series. HMS are not incredibly different from plastics. Takara just improved on the previous system which was engine gear, then before that, magnacore. It's not like Takara could keep the same plastic design, they had to keep updating in order to keep people interested. And when engine gears came out people didn't start banning it from battling with the 4&5layer beyblades....

But MFB is a whole new series and has a completely different design/make-up and obviously should not be allowed with the previous plastic and HMS beyblades.

Cause it sucked Wink