[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Is there a 4 bladed Survivor Ring CWD?
I got one in a lot, I've been wondering. It's Sea Dragon's color.
Also, what's the name of that CWD with the huge circles all around it?
Are they actually useful? Because it may replace my Free Survivor CWD..
CWD Reverse Defenser is the 4 bladed one.

No idea what yo mean by the huge circles though.

Wanna sell me that reverse defenser?
Huge circles is probably CWD Free Defense Ring, @[Neo].
(Sep. 08, 2014  11:17 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Huge circles is probably CWD Free Defense Ring, @[Neo].

Free Defense Ring.
Huh..
Where does it come from?
It's an alternative CWD for Sea Dragon. It's from Random Booster Act 2 (a light blue one is included in RB5 I think as well)
Neo, mind taking photos of Reverse Defenser for the CWD beywiki page?

(and selling to me?)
(Sep. 09, 2014  11:48 AM)Captain Wrote: Neo, mind taking photos of Reverse Defenser for the CWD beywiki page?

(and selling to me?)

I can take pictures of it.
But please stop begging me to sell it to you.
Asking twice in a joking manner isn't "begging" Neo, get over yourself.
Your desperation for MSUV is far more cringeworthy.

Here's a thought, how about responding with a "yes or "no"?
How obnoxious.

While you're at it, are you actually going to ever post videos of these apparently exceptional performance of Bump King and Cyber Dragoon that go against everything researched so far?
I have not actually had time to test them and compare in terms of performance, but just by looking at the possible Defense Custome Weight Disks I had in my collection, it seemed obvious that God Ring was 'fatter' vertically and that there were only two nubs on it, which would cause little disturbance or whatever.
Right, thank you!

Taking numbers of nubs into consideration, I'm assuming Survivor would be a better choice than Reverse Defenser in your opinion?
(Sep. 09, 2014  2:10 PM)Captain Wrote: Asking twice in a joking manner isn't "begging" Neo, get over yourself.

How obnoxious.

While you're at it, are you actually going to ever post videos of these apparently exceptional performance of Bump King and Cyber Dragoon that go against everything researched so far?

You're really blowing what I said out if proportion.
I'm doing the best I can, whenever I'm free there's something I have to do.
I didn't want to have a snippy remark. If you want to buy something, it would make more sense to actually PM it to someone. Then you'd get a proper answer. K? Please no more of this.
(Sep. 09, 2014  2:10 PM)Captain Wrote: Asking twice in a joking manner isn't "begging" Neo, get over yourself.

How obnoxious.

I will say that he shouldn't have put that emphasis on the word "begging"(not sure it's emphasis or italic for the hell of it), but I don't think the last paragraph was neccessary, as it's irrelevant to what you were talking about and the way you put it and having to point out "it goes against everything" isn't very nice, plus it's like throwing anything for a comeback(If it was meant to be, I could be wrong).
Ok, no more.
In the future, I suggest better word choice than "begging", particularly if you don't even consider it a serious request to buy something unless PM'd.
(Sep. 10, 2014  6:08 PM)Captain Wrote: Ok, no more.
In the future, I suggest better word choice than "begging", particularly if you don't even consider it a serious request to buy something unless PM'd.

It was actually sarcastic.

BACK TO HMS, YOHO!!!
Why is Defense Ring so good? I need an explanation.
"Please no more of this"
"It was actually sarcastic"

lol k

About Defense Ring:
It's not, the metal weight is more valuable than the plastic frame.
th!nk considers it drastically overhyped, and his reasons for thinking so seem correct to me.
I was going to say.
It doesn't add any attack ability.
(Sep. 10, 2014  9:39 PM)Neo Wrote: I was going to say.
It doesn't add any attack ability.

In your opinion, which WDs actually do?
I'm pretty sure they should be considered similarly to Support Parts in plastics.
There are no CWD with attack ability apart from Slash Riger's (the one you know all about despite not owning it....) and that only works with Samurai Changer's parts.

I think Sea Dragon's CWD is considered that way due to it's good weight and compact nature. Like with plastics where you want more weight on the outside to help with attack power (which is why something like Wide Defence is preferred).

Edit: Just remembered that the one from RB2 is considered the part to have because the metal CWD for the Sea Dragon RB2 prize is heavier than the ones included in other releases providing an advantage essentially. Obviously the Hasbro doesn't have this so it isn't as good.
You're saying you consider Free Crusher compact?
(Sep. 10, 2014  10:42 PM)Captain Wrote: You're saying you consider Free Crusher compact?

Edited lol. I was talking about Defence Ring in the second sentence.
(Sep. 10, 2014  10:39 PM)Ultra Wrote: Edit: Just remembered that the one from RB2 is considered the part to have because the metal CWD for the Sea Dragon RB2 prize is heavier than the ones included in other releases providing an advantage essentially. Obviously the Hasbro doesn't have this so it isn't as good.

Yep, that's what I meant when I said the metal weight was more valuable than the plastic frame itself.
Yes but you didn't specify the Takara one from RB2.
*sigh*
Ok Ultra.
1: My understanding was that the CWD from RBA2 for sea dragon gave the 17g Metal CWD part regardless of whether it came with Defense Ring or Free Defense ring.
The beywiki article specifies:

CWD Defense Ring (Sea Dragon)
CWD Free Defense Ring (Sea Dragon RBA2)

As far as I'm aware, the original Sea Dragon comes from RBA2 anyway, but the wording is very ambiguous.

So am I correct in thinking you get the 17g CWD Metal Part with both types of Defense Ring, and Free Defense Ring?

2: Can anyone identify any of the parts for the winning beyblade at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbO-GoptGY#t=17

17 seconds in.
(Sep. 11, 2014  4:04 PM)Captain Wrote: 1: My understanding was that the CWD from RBA2 for sea dragon gave the 17g Metal CWD part regardless of whether it came with Defense Ring or Free Defense ring.
The beywiki article specifies:

CWD Defense Ring (Sea Dragon)
CWD Free Defense Ring (Sea Dragon RBA2)

As far as I'm aware, the original Sea Dragon comes from RBA2 anyway, but the wording is very ambiguous.

So am I correct in thinking you get the 17g CWD Metal Part with both types of Defense Ring, and Free Defense Ring?

2: Can anyone identify any of the parts for the winning beyblade at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbO-GoptGY#t=17

17 seconds in.

It appears to be circle upper with either DF, Free DF, or god ring. It performs like Metal Change core, but it MIGHT be Shooter Change Core Gamma from SGMS. I don't know how it performs, but it looks like it...maybe?