[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

People suggesting bans after almost a decade of a part released makes me sick like WOW ! Uncertain
Then I would suggest to ban bearing core .. Too dominant! At least in India or at the city that I've been at tournaments
EDIT : Anyway that's just my random thought
It makes you "sick"?
Please clarify.

Yes, HMS is old. Guess what! People stay compete in it.

Bearing core isn't dominant enough to be banned. Stop intentionally being obtuse and missing the point.
Have you forgotten that a limited format already exists for the most curent series?
When something tips the balance too greatly, then re-balancing is necessary. That's not exactly a revolutionary idea.
Even with GFCUM gone, Attack would still dominate the format.
The thing I find amusing about your request is that when HMS was actually in it's prime no one saw any such problem so there it can't be that great. Also you can't really comment on how much a tourney affects ability with an attack type when you've never been to a tourney.
GFCUV is actually easily countered by GFCMW because of controllability and weight.
(Sep. 06, 2014  9:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: The thing I find amusing about your request is that when HMS was actually in it's prime no one saw any such problem so there it can't be that great.

Yeah you are absolutely correct and it's such a shame though that the existence of that thing called "hindsight" gives no valuable perspective Unhappy
OH WAIT...

And Ultra, in the prime of HMS, SGMS could be obtained for $60. I'll put if more bluntly for your sole benefit:

MSUV didn't cost $250-300 back then. More people could use it.
In Japan, entire tournaments boiled down to being a competition to see who had the best GFCUV technique, whereas now, it's more about who actually possesses the part and can spend the necessary 15 mins not to self-ko. The release of BC2 was eagerly awaited with anticipation as the chance for, just maybe, something less dull to become the tournament status quo.
You're misisng my point gloriously.

(Sep. 06, 2014  9:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: Also you can't really comment on how much a tourney affects ability with an attack type when you've never been to a tourney.

I commented on how much a tournament affects ability when?

(Sep. 06, 2014  9:01 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Even with GFCUM gone, Attack would still dominate the format.

Re-read my request.

SERIOUSLY

Is the failure of basic reading comprehension going to be my biggest obstacle in this proposition?
calm down man.

i honestly don't even see what you are trying to gain by banning it.
I'M NOT SUGGESTING BANNING GFCUV
You didn't even address my point at all. You just said now we know better (paraphrasing) when you're the only one who thinks there's even a problem so that's clearly not true.
for the second time, calm down.

You are suggesting banning it with Circle Upper and Samurai Upper. Close enough.

Either way Jiraiya would still make Attack OP. And Slash Upper.
(Sep. 06, 2014  9:22 PM)Ultra Wrote: You didn't even address my point at all. You just said now we know better (paraphrasing) when you're the only one who thinks there's even a problem so that's clearly not true.

I'll grace you with an answer when you show me where I said anything about tourney performance affecting attack skill.

(Sep. 06, 2014  9:22 PM)Ultra Wrote: you're the only one who thinks there's even a problem so that's clearly not true.

Your mindset is fascinating.
So, if someone discovers a flawed idea, it's clearly not true since only that single person has come upon it. Gotcha.
It's like the way you always default to the beywiki. Guess what. Dozens of articles are deeply flawed. Despite that, your attitude and mindset, as evidenced above seems to be "that's the way things are and have been and if someone suggests a change then no, because no."
Like the V said, have you ever heard of stress?

it is a thing, and no one is immune, clearly unbeknownst to you
(Sep. 06, 2014  9:28 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Like the V said, have you ever heard of stress?

it is a thing, and no one is immune, clearly unbeknownst to you

I don't even recognise what point you're addressing.

What was it I said that indicated anything about me being oblivious to stress?
I agreed and said it was a fair point.
You didn't directly say that but in reply to Kai-V saying stress and such in a tourney you said about the 30 mins to learn properly how to use MUSV. When I direct people to beywiki it's because I know things are there. Like with the recolours thing earlier today. It's amusing you mention beywiki like I don't know despite me probably knowing about it before you even became active again.

I didn't say that. My point was that since you're the only one who brings it up it must not be a big problem.
Seriously, there's no reason for this to be heated.
It's easy to beat it with MWGFC. Even GFC makes mince meat of it, because of how aggressive it is.
If you Flower a Flower, you beat the Flower with a Flower.
(Sep. 06, 2014  9:39 PM)Ultra Wrote: It's amusing you mention beywiki like I don't know despite me probably knowing about it before you even became active again.

Guess what the WBO was before it became the WBO.
Guess what this site was when I joined
(Sep. 06, 2014  9:39 PM)Ultra Wrote: When I direct people to beywiki it's because I know things are there. Like with the recolours thing earlier today.

Many things on the beywiki are wrong.
Until recently, the launcher page had significantly incorrect information.
You're defaulting to the beywiki and you reject/shoot down anything that dares to raise questions, as is the case in this thread.
I'm aware you joined in 2008. It changes nothing. Again your point being? So what if I direct people to beywiki. That what's there for.... Also when have I shot down anything exactly?
(Sep. 06, 2014  10:06 PM)Ultra Wrote: I'm aware you joined in 2008. It changes nothing. Again your point being?

You seriously don't see?
Genuinely?

"It's amusing you mention beywiki like I don't know despite me probably knowing about it before you even became active again."

I don't understand how you're missing this.
You implied you knew about it before I became active again.
It already existed when I joined.
OF COURSE I knew about it.

Aaaand as for your second point:
You consistently deferring to the beywiki as if it's an infallible source of information and refusing to be open-minded enough to embrace differing/new ideas is analogous to your point that (paraphrasing) "nobody said anything about HMS till now, so you're probably wrong."
Okay then replace it changes nothing with I don't care Tongue_out_wink

Again you're putting words in my mouth. At no point ever have I said it was infallible. I'm currently one of the only people who actively contributes to Beywiki so please stop acting like I have no idea idea what i'm talking about.
(Sep. 06, 2014  9:50 PM)Neo Wrote: Seriously, there's no reason for this to be heated.
It's easy to beat it with MWGFC. Even GFC makes mince meat of it, because of how aggressive it is.
Your right, and if GFC has more control on the get go(As in generally easier to control faster) than GFCUV, then I think a GFC could cause the GFCUV to self K.O easier, I think anyways. Even though I don't own a HMS I think when two opposite spinning Beyblades hit, the one which stays more inner the stadium than the other would probably just knock it out though I'm not sure, and it depends if GFCUV circles around or not but I was referring to circling around, controlling a GFCUV to make a flower pattern would obviously do better.

EDIT: I think guiding someone to Beywiki gives them a general idea what the parts do and not an extremely accurate but I like to think of it as a guide so people can do better by getting an idea and hopefully get good at customising.

I might be wrong as usual but I think it comes down to the players skill and not the parts by itself and perhaps you should count the situation, and then again maybe not, but I think I just need to factor in the opponents skills and what you should do to make sure it works better.
Yo guys, you each need to calm down.

- HMS tournaments happen so rarely that yes, perhaps something was missed during all those years whereas it would have taken a few months in a more popular format, so there is no problem discussing a ban;

- Beywiki is usually widely known to be accurate in the HMS section, so if you think there are errors there, post about it in the Beywiki Project forum; otherwise, it is totally fine to refer to it in those cases;

- Signup date can make no difference.

Stay civilised, everyone ...
(Sep. 07, 2014  2:11 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2014  9:50 PM)Neo Wrote: Seriously, there's no reason for this to be heated.
Your right, and if GFC has more control on the get go(As in generally easier to control faster) than GFCUV, then I think a GFC could cause the GFCUV to self K.O easier, I think anyways. Even though I don't own a HMS I think when two opposite spinning Beyblades hit, the one which stays more inner the stadium than the other would probably just knock it out though I'm not sure, and it depends if GFCUV circles around or not but I was referring to circling around, controlling a GFCUV to make a flower pattern would obviously do better.

EDIT: I think guiding someone to Beywiki gives them a general idea what the parts do and not an extremely accurate but I like to think of it as a guide so people can do better by getting an idea and hopefully get good at customising.

I might be wrong as usual but I think it comes down to the players skill and not the parts by itself and perhaps you should count the situation, and then again maybe not, but I think I just need to factor in the opponents skills and what you should do to make sure it works better.

Really, I think that UV is easy to get a hang of. It doesn't really wear down, which is great.
Once you get a hold of one; you understand how it works AS SOON it touches the stadium. It's very simple.
(Sep. 07, 2014  4:36 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2014  2:11 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

Really, I think that UV is easy to get a hang of. It doesn't really wear down, which is great.
Once you get a hold of one; you understand how it works AS SOON it touches the stadium. It's very simple.

I know, that's why I said it could depend on the player, if people had skills like you then I think they could have a better chance of winning. If you mean "simple" as in very easy to learn for many then I guess there's not too much problem.

Kai-V I wasn't yelling or shouting or anything, I wanted to point something out encase it did become useful but I agree that people should contribute on Beywiki, if they really have a problem with it's errors then they should be the one to make a change.

OK should we all end the discussion or not? Kai-V what do you think?
(Sep. 07, 2014  2:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo guys, you each need to calm down.

- HMS tournaments happen so rarely that yes, perhaps something was missed during all those years whereas it would have taken a few months in a more popular format, so there is no problem discussing a ban;

- Beywiki is usually widely known to be accurate in the HMS section, so if you think there are errors there, post about it in the Beywiki Project forum; otherwise, it is totally fine to refer to it in those cases;

- Signup date can make no difference.

Stay civilised, everyone ...

My apologies Kai-V, my points being misread/misunderstood agitated me a bit too much, I'll certainly de-escalate.

I just want to explain:

My post about beywiki wasn't to point out any flaws in it, it was just a way to show the point that, often Ultra often immediately tells people to consult the beywiki (not just for HMS) whenever they raise new issues without allowing any kind of open/new discussion.

I felt that that was really similar to how he tried to say to me that since nobody had complained until now about some HMS parts in tourneys, proposing a ban etc was plain wrong.

Also, the only reason I ever mentioned sign up date was because I was under the impression Ultra believed I didn't know what the beywiki was until I became more active recently, long after its creation.

I'm more than happy to end this side of the heated discussion now though Smile
It got out of hand
I know it's a longshot (because, well, defense in HMS) , but has anyone done much comparison testing of the defensive abilities of CWDs God Ring vs Free Survivor vs Defense Ring?

I know CWD DR is very popular, but I'm keen to know how it matches up to the other two prime candidates.
Kai-V? You've had very good results with God Ring haven't you? Any comparison?