[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

Ultra, you may notice that I actually linked to the Beywiki image of that CWD earlier...
We have a picture of it in our CWD Article, but thanks.

EDIT: Eight arms move faster than two. Anyway, no one has them to measure?
Sorry to double post, but yeah, question again.

Advance Balancer (Adv. Averazer's AR), for zombies. How well does it actually work, compared to Advance Survivor and stuff? It seems rather light in comparison, and less circular, it looks like Gaia Dragoon G's SAR, which sucked... I mean, I know it's top-tier, but is it "barely" or "safely" top tier? What is generally considered the best AR for HMS zombies?

Also, what would a yellow dranzer MF, with CWD Reverse Defenser worth, out of curiosity?

Info would be much appreciated :3
Hey th!nk, did you mean yellow Dranzer MF or MS? MS I have no idea, but yellow MF would probably be around $80 including shipping.

Also, I would love to test out your question but my dang stadium probably isn't gonna be here for like 3 weeks! To test them I would probably use either Bearing Core 1 or 2 with either of the AR's but the RC has to be the same so we can see which one wins more battles. What beys would we battle them against? Not each other, right?

EDIT: Actually battling them against each other sounds like a good idea rofl it's just that they serve the same function so I'd rather test them out against other beys!
MF, haha.

You could battle them against each other, actually, as that would be the best determinant in this case. BC1, swap non-ar parts half way through, yeah. That said, it gives a heavy advantage to Circle Upper, so IDK, perhaps someone else could come up with something better.

I ended up trying to work it out myself, from what I can tell, Advance Survivor is considered "the best", but it has to have the metal frame oriented correctly to work right, Wolf Crusher is only used because it comes with BC and has okay stamina, and Advance Balancer isn't as good as Survivor, but works in either direction without disassembly. Circle Upper is used to beat other stamina beys by wobbling, but ehhh
@th!nk

Yeah, I think Advance Eterner might be better, but Advance Balancer has a gear shape to it, which seems more "spin grabby".

Surprisingly, at 15 grams, Advance Balancer has good defense.
I'm having problems with launching my Driger MS (first mold). I am able to attach it to the Dual Shooter but when I shoot it, the Bey is stuck to the dual shooter...I was able to get it out of the Dual Shooter but I fear the BP might break if I attach it again...

Is there a solution to this and what is wrong with it, is it because my launch was weak?
You might have a bad launcher. Try using another. Launch harder too. Smile
(Feb. 26, 2012  2:19 PM)JBladerMS Wrote: @th!nk

Yeah, I think Advance Eterner might be better, but Advance Balancer has a gear shape to it, which seems more "spin grabby".

Surprisingly, at 15 grams, Advance Balancer has good defense.

Really? Well, that last point assuages most of my concerns nonetheless. I shouldn't worry so much, I'll probably end up mainly using attack anyway.

@Recentdiscussion: Quite odd though, most Dual Shooters suffered looseness issues, not tightness, didn't they? Tongue_out
In my experience, Dual Shooters tend to not want to let go of the Beyblade. XD
I thought it was a common problem that they cannot hold tight?
At least my old one says so..
(Feb. 26, 2012  2:58 PM)JBladerMS Wrote: You might have a bad launcher. Try using another. Launch harder too. Smile
Unfortunately, I only have 1 launcher and that was the one that came with the Driger MS

I know I've read complaints that Dual shooters tend to be loose and not stick to the bey very well, but mine is a Japan mold, which in Beywiki tend to be tighter and better than the China molds...:\
Yeah, my old launcher sometimes wouldn't launch, it gripped the BP so tightly that it took me up to 5 tries to launch the bey properly. XD

I've never had the launcher not stick well. Dual Shooters were like the pinnacle of launchers, and still are. They're so smooth and launch so well. <3
Except when they don't.

The need to buy a dozen of them to have a good chance at one that works well almost negates how smooth and fantastic their launching is.

Still, the actual sensation of launching a good one is pretty great.
They're still cheaper than L/R Beylaunchers, even with a whole HMS included.
Yeah, but the 50/50 split on getting a good one technically adds up to diminishing returns on that math.

Is the Metal Semi-Flat RC of any value? It looks kind of neat...
It's supposed to be outclassed by Metal Change, but then, Driger V's Metal Semi-Flat tip (it was called metal flat, and early hasbro releases were sharp. And then the metal-semi-flat CEW was just a small flat. Jeez Takara)
was supposed to be outclassed by metal change, but it actually had better survival and would generally win in a direct confrontation. If only tip-swapping were legal so it weren't stuck with such a lame base.
Hazel
Metal Semi-Flat is a good RC for force smash and high-RPM balance combos. I think advance attacker in force smash mode would be a nice compliment with the tall height if the RC.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the RC can be used for wobbling too, especially the ones with a free-spinning metal tip.
(Feb. 28, 2012  5:39 AM)th!nk Wrote: It's supposed to be outclassed by Metal Change, but then, Driger V's Metal Semi-Flat tip (it was called metal flat, and early hasbro releases were sharp. And then the metal-semi-flat CEW was just a small flat. Jeez Takara)
was supposed to be outclassed by metal change, but it actually had better survival and would generally win in a direct confrontation. If only tip-swapping were legal so it weren't stuck with such a lame base.

I think you may have mixed up HMS and plastics there buddy. Tongue_out_wink
I'm pretty sure he was comparing the tips of the two generations and using an example in the plastics series (Driger V) to suggest that the Metal Change of the HMS series may be inferior to Metal Semi-Flat, seeing as how it had happened in the previous generation.
(Feb. 29, 2012  1:31 AM)Zain Wrote: I'm pretty sure he was comparing the tips of the two generations and using an example in the plastics series (Driger V) to suggest that the Metal Change of the HMS series may be inferior to Metal Semi-Flat, seeing as how it had happened in the previous generation.

Yes, that I was.

I apologise for straying onto plastics here, it is merely my perspective and the best way I can generalise HMS things, because there simply aren't enough of them to do so with just their own series.

Yo, I was wondering which mold of Circle Upper Hasbro's Dark Effigy MS comes with?
I think it is still Mold 1.

Mold 2 of it was released in the Random Boosters.
I really want to be absolutely sure, haha, and I couldn't find the answer on beywiki (it should really be included there).
My guess is that, since the second mould is reinforced, that should be the one Hasbro used a year later, like what they generally do in Metal Fight Beyblade, but unfortunately I cannot give you a confirmed answer ...