[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

That is probably the tournament prize silver version, not just grey. In any case, Gaia Dragoon MS recolours are rather unpopular, so I would seriously say thirty dollars at most.
Okay, thanks.

And what about a NIB Black Wolborg MS?
Does the Hasbro Wubbums actually have any differences?
(Sep. 08, 2014  4:43 AM)Neo Wrote: Does the Hasbro Wubbums actually have any differences?

No offence, but what the hell is a "Wubbums"?
A nickname for Wolborg MS.
(Sep. 08, 2014  2:53 AM)Echizen Wrote: Okay, thanks.

And what about a NIB Black Wolborg MS?

About 100$.
$100 for a NIB Black Wolborg MS?

I know normal Wolborg MS should go for $30-40 if we're being fair, but it's hard to find one for less than 80 these days, especially since YJA doens't appear to be all that commonly used.

I've seen multiple Ice Blue versions, but only once have I found a black one.
Isn't $100 a bit low?
That would be the price that's still reasonable for both seller and buyer (ok, maybe up to 110). Of course not the highest you can get, if you wait until you find somebody completely desperate.

100 would be the highest possible price for blue WMS, that is still considerable reasonable in some way, but rather "fair" for the seller than the buyer. So 100 for a black, which is rarer, could be considered as not the very highest possible price, but still fair for both.

We have to keep in mind that rareness doesn't always come along with extremely high values. Just for example, every plastic bey from RB1 is EXTREMELY rare, but nobody would pay 300 for a yellow bakushin-oh or something, right? Wolborg is rare, that's true, but not as rare as MSUV and so also the recolors have their limits in value.

Nevertheless, you will always find some dumbies, who have lots of money, but no idea of values of beys, that will pay 200+ for it. But that's the case for every rare bey and far away from reasonable, which I thought was asked for.
(Sep. 08, 2014  2:24 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: That would be the price that's still reasonable for both seller and buyer (ok, maybe up to 110). Of course not the highest you can get, if you wait until you find somebody completely desperate.

100 would be the highest possible price for blue WMS, that is still considerable reasonable in some way, but rather "fair" for the seller than the buyer. So 100 for a black, which is rarer, could be considered as not the very highest possible price, but still fair for both.

We have to keep in mind that rareness doesn't always come along with extremely high values. Just for example, every plastic bey from RB1 is EXTREMELY rare, but nobody would pay 300 for a yellow bakushin-oh or something, right? Wolborg is rare, that's true, but not as rare as MSUV and so also the recolors have their limits in value.

Nevertheless, you will always find some dumbies, who have lots of money, but no idea of values of beys, that will pay 200+ for it. But that's the case for every rare bey and far away from reasonable, which I thought was asked for.

would we talk about the "fair" prices, we have to talk 10 years.

in fact: the pricelist on beywiki is not a guideline, because this is only a pricelist from someone what he is ready to pay, dont forget that...

u will never get a wolborg ms nib for 30-40$. not on ebay, not privat, not on yja.

And a black one is rare, every nip beyblade is rare (seems so)

a beyblade have that value what a person is ready to buy...

if i have to sell my stuff fast (value maybe 80$) and only one person is offering 30$ i would sell it, because i need the money. but if i have nothing to loose and can wait, i can sell it for 80$.. i hope u can understand this marketing 1337.

Thats like: u searching since 4 years for a black wolborg and now somebody is selling one, but u know the worth is 50 and thr seller wants 120$ u will think about to buy and im very sure, u would buy it, because u dont want to wait again and nobody else is selling that.

Regards
(Sep. 08, 2014  2:52 PM)taxus Wrote: in fact: the pricelist on beywiki is not a guideline, because this is only a pricelist from someone what he is ready to pay, dont forget that...

u will never get a wolborg ms nib for 30-40$. not on ebay, not privat, not on yja.

Regards

It's very possible to find Wolborg MS for that price on YJA though, I've seen multiple recently.
(Sep. 08, 2014  2:59 PM)Captain Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2014  2:52 PM)taxus Wrote: in fact: the pricelist on beywiki is not a guideline, because this is only a pricelist from someone what he is ready to pay, dont forget that...

Regards

It's very possible to find Wolborg MS for that price on YJA though, I've seen multiple recently.

i would say NO. the cheapest i see gone were 3000 yen. + 250 bank + fees + domestic shipping = ??? + international shipping. well well
That just means we've seen different prices, not that it's impossible.

Scratch that, that kind of price is from longer ago, not so recently.

[saying "well well" was kinda weird, and a bit patronizing bro]
(Sep. 08, 2014  2:52 PM)taxus Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2014  2:24 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: That would be the price that's still reasonable for both seller and buyer (ok, maybe up to 110). Of course not the highest you can get, if you wait until you find somebody completely desperate.

would we talk about the "fair" prices, we have to talk 10 years.

in fact: the pricelist on beywiki is not a guideline, because this is only a pricelist from someone what he is ready to pay, dont forget that...

And a black one is rare, every nip beyblade is rare (seems so)

a beyblade have that value what a person is ready to buy...

if i have to sell my stuff fast (value maybe 80$) and only one person is offering 30$ i would sell it, because i need the money. but if i have nothing to loose and can wait, i can sell it for 80$.. i hope u can understand this marketing 1337.

Thats like: u searching since 4 years for a black wolborg and now somebody is selling one, but u know the worth is 50 and thr seller wants 120$ u will think about to buy and im very sure, u would buy it, because u dont want to wait again and nobody else is selling that.

Regards

Actually, I didn´t refer to the price list at all. I referred to the current prices of blue WMS, nothing else.

There are always people who are ready to pay aweful amounts of money, if they´re desperate enough. And as I said, 100 isn´t the highest you can get. Ist just about in the middle between a low-ball (advantage for the buyer) and extremely overpriced (advantage for the seller), which is what I consider reasonable. Of course, when I´m really desperate to find one, I´d also be ready to pay more for it than it´s actually worth, maybe 150 or even more, but you can´t take those desperation prices as a starting point. You´re right, it is rare, but it´s still Wolborg MS and no Shining God.

The value of the bey isn´t simply the highest price people are ready to pay. It´s somewhat between the lowest price you can get it for and the highest people will pay.

If people don´t want to hear reasonable prices, but the highest prices you could sell them for with a few months waiting, please mention it particularly. Otherweise I will tell the prices that are "reasonable".
We had a very similar discussion previously involving the member BeyderAndy.

He was convinced to change his mind later, but it essentially consisted of him saying "hey, if there's enough demand for it, it's totally cool to charge $500 for something worth $300"

Taxus, I disagree with "a beyblade have that value what a person is ready to buy... "

A beyblade has a value based on performance/rarity/desirability (eg nobody really cares about yellow bakushin-oh like mentioned above). Just because there's always that one person who will be rich and desperate enough to shell out the cash doesn't mean a bey has more value, it means someone is foolish and the seller is going to be rich.

Some ebay sellers have listed their same over-priced Dragoon V2 for $150 for 8-12 months, and it's even like that for wolborg 1, dranzer F etc with no sale. They'll probably eventually sell it.

There's fair and there's taking advantage of desperation.
The majority of sellers prioritize profit over fairness, and that's such a blow to the bey community.
(Sep. 08, 2014  6:13 PM)Captain Wrote: We had a very similar discussion previously involving the member BeyderAndy.

He was convinced to change his mind later, but it essentially consisted of him saying "hey, if there's enough demand for it, it's totally cool to charge $500 for something worth $300"

Taxus, I disagree with "a beyblade have that value what a person is ready to buy... "

A beyblade has a value based on performance/rarity/desirability (eg nobody really cares about yellow bakushin-oh like mentioned above). Just because there's always that one person who will be rich and desperate enough to shell out the cash doesn't mean a bey has more value, it means someone is foolish and the seller is going to be rich.

Some ebay sellers have listed their same over-priced Dragoon V2 for $150 for 8-12 months, and it's even like that for wolborg 1, dranzer F etc with no sale. They'll probably eventually sell it.

The majority of sellers prioritize profit over fairness, and that's such a blow to the bey community.
My desperation of not being able to buy the old Beyblades kicked in.
That's why I bought all of the V2 Series NIB.
I've been thinking lately; if there's no one ready to pay $500 for a NIB Bloody Devil, why sell it for that much? It will probably take several months for that to even get any interest. No matter how fair the price.
(Sep. 08, 2014  9:47 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2014  6:13 PM)Captain Wrote: We had a very similar discussion previously involving the member BeyderAndy.

Why would you be desperate? They're not hard to find at all...

edit: nevermind.
(Sep. 08, 2014  9:58 PM)Ultra Wrote:

The good news is that it's probably the best kept bey blade ever.
I swear, it looks like I just put the stickers on the other day and I've done at least 200 battles with it.
Owners of Dragoon MSUV, have any of you reported cracks on the Metal Frame on the Attack Ring? I'm starting to get some.. Unhappy
(Sep. 08, 2014  9:58 PM)Ultra Wrote:

Heh there's actually a few in charity shops in boxes, at least in my area in Bolton, just realised today.
(Sep. 26, 2014  11:07 PM)Boxhead Wrote: Owners of Dragoon MSUV, have any of you reported cracks on the Metal Frame on the Attack Ring? I'm starting to get some.. Unhappy

That sounds unusual, any photos?
(Sep. 27, 2014  2:00 AM)Captain Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2014  11:07 PM)Boxhead Wrote: Owners of Dragoon MSUV, have any of you reported cracks on the Metal Frame on the Attack Ring? I'm starting to get some.. Unhappy

Very strange.
I have an extremely worn one, nothing wrong here.
Maybe Boxhead is battling against MFB??
(Sep. 27, 2014  2:05 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2014  2:00 AM)Captain Wrote:

Very strange.
I have an extremely worn one, nothing wrong here.
Maybe Boxhead is battling against MFB??

I am, should I stop battling with MFB?