[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

Just got my DEMS, what should I get next?
(Aug. 24, 2013  9:49 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Just got my DEMS, what should I get next?

Wolborg MS obviously for the customization of:

AR: Circle Upper
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Bearing Core

Plus, Wolborg MS is great out of the box as well.

A custom I found useful, but never was able to test it enough (Or if I did I can't remember)

AR: Wolf Crusher
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Metal Change Core

While Dragoon MSUV and Dragoon MS are hard to find for good prices, they would be great purchases so you could make:

AR: Circle Upper
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Grip Flat Core/Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode

Those are a few, check out the CC list as well as you can base purchases off of that too.
I had the idea for Circle Upper Bearing Core just a few mins ago and thought ut was bsd. Thanks!
can i buy a dragoon gt or hms from somebody???
You make a buying thread for that buddy Smile
Kai Hiwatari, the wolf Crusher Metal Change Core combo you mentioned is the only other thing I use in tournaments besides my bearing core variations (I use CWD Defense Ring in Circle Heavy's Place), it can take out a few things, outspin a few things, and avoid being hit out by a good number of things, it is by far the best balance combo to be found in HMS.
Eh, th!nk would probably think differently (lol), plus, there need to be more tests.
Quite honestly, I don't have the patience or time (haha) for tests so that can be left up to someone else.
(Aug. 25, 2013  4:00 AM)Time Wrote: Kai Hiwatari, the wolf Crusher Metal Change Core combo you mentioned is the only other thing I use in tournaments besides my bearing core variations (I use CWD Defense Ring in Circle Heavy's Place), it can take out a few things, outspin a few things, and avoid being hit out by a good number of things, it is by far the best balance combo to be found in HMS.

It has been a while since I have brought out my HMS Collection, but I do recall it being pretty good. Weather or not it is recognized as Tier List material is beyond me as the last time I really sat down and messed with my HMS or Plastics for that matter, was probably a few years ago at least.
There really isn't a staple balance custom in HMS, so it might be worth something. Also, advance striker's ar can be substituted for wolf crusher in this.
I have some questions with the gimmick specialty series: which bey has which gimmick?

The ones i know are Phantom Fox MS with separation, Shining God MS and Bloody Devil MS with mode change and Magical Ape MS with Gyro mode.

Am i missing anything?
Don't really know how wolf crusher would do significantly better than Circle Upper etc but I haven't really tried it. That combo (preferably with 17.5g CWD Metal Part +CWD Defense Ring etc) does work quite well with Jiraiya Blade, however, as a kind of compact (though in general the whole HMS series is very compact as it is, so nothing is as distinct as the compacts of plastics).

There are actually balance combos in HMS, it's just that most of the time you're much better off spamming attack or they tend to lean towards attack in general (eg uncustomized/CWD Defense Ring Death Gargoyle MS), because if you're not attack in HMS, you're probably going to lose to it, so you at least have to handle Zombies and other common stuff, which are best dealt with via KO given the parts available and the general nature of the system. The limited number of cores and the fact that Metal Change Core is generally a good all-around core, but rather aggressive also influences this attack bias.

But yeah, the jiraiya blade combo I mentioned is an example of being kinda balancey due to its weight, and certain zombies/defensive zombies can work in some attack due to Circle Upper (as well as wobblers but I've had little success with these). From what I've played around with, there are force smash combos that work okay (Advance Attacker (Force Smash Mode), Heavy (CWD Defense Ring might also work with the 17.5g metal part, I forget) and Metal Semi Flat Core seems to work decently for me - but in a tournament I'd just spam attack seeing as I have the parts to do so). I've also messed around with some things using samurai changer's battle change core and another of its CWD which are kinda neat and might do well against a range of things, but I haven't done extensive testing on them yet.

RDF3: As the first post says, almost everything like that about HMS can be found on beywiki. The only GSS beyblade missing from it is Aero Knight MS, which has a flying ring gimmick (basically the same as trypio's AR, but as an RC part - you take it off, put it on the launcher with the launcher upside down, launch and it flies). Just click through the HMS Beyblade category, it's not like there are very many of them...
What are you trying samuarai change core for? Other than gattyaki I've found it too be to inconsistent to have any competitive prowess.
Hard to describe other than Balance, but it's generally aggressive enough to KO zombies and other random combos (and against opponents that aren't attack, it has enough defense to be likely to come out best), and I get a lot of DKO's against attack, and sometimes wall saves favour the Samurai Change Core combo,

The main one so far is:
AR: Jiraiya Blade
WD: 17.5g CWD Defense Ring
RC: Samurai Change Core w/ Samurai Change Core CWD Part, Upper Attack Mode
Use CWD Defense ring to fix SCC in attack mode

Other than that, I've also used Samurai Change Core's CWD in force smash mode with the heavy CWD metal piece, on another samurai change core with the CWD in upper attack mode. That gives you a fairly heavy plastic wall and enough friction that it shouldn't budge much from wherever you set it. Depending on how you orientate the parts and how the Samurai Change Core comes (seems to be some variation in how far around parts of it are with the tip in certain positions), the position of the plastic and the tip shape will vary - so far I prefer the diagonal gap with the flat tip. I'm not sure on the best AR, but Jiraiya Blade again did well.

Both are quite aggressive but have enough defense etc to be better called balance, at least in the context of HMS.

There was also a weird wobbling/force smash combo I mentioned in this thread not that long ago using Aero Knight MS's RC but that's really more gimmicky than a truly competitive combo, and I'm not 100% sure whether or not it's legal to use Aero Core without the flying part.
I have not had any HMS beyblades since I was 6 or 7, and I am looking to buy 2 but I am not sure which ones to get... can you guys suggest anything? also if this is in the wrong thread please direct me to the correct one.
It would kind of depend on your budget, because most of them get pretty up there. Some staples would be:

Wolborg MS~$50-60
Dragoon MS~$60
Those 2 are the main ones.

DEMS~$30
Sea Dragon~$25-30
(Aug. 28, 2013  10:36 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: It would kind of depend on your budget, because most of them get pretty up there. Some staples would be:

Wolborg MS~$50-60
Dragoon MS~$60
Those 2 are the main ones.

DEMS~$30
Sea Dragon~$25-30
I have around $60 total available for HMS, the rest is going to MFB... I prefer sticking to amazon to buy though. If their is one good one that outweighs getting 2 then I would get that instead.
Well I'd try to get a Wolborg because its one if not the best out of the box, but you could consider

Buying DEMS, Draciel MS(WD), and Sea Dragon.

You can then amoe something like:

AR: DEMS
WD: Draciel's WD
RC: DEMS

or the combo that would be better for beginners:?
AR: Seagon Attacker(Sea Dragon)
WD: Draciel's/Sea Dragon

It might be safer to go with Wolborg MS, but there's your best options basically.
(Aug. 28, 2013  10:47 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Well I'd try to get a Wolborg because its one if not the best out of the box, but you could consider

Buying DEMS, Draciel MS(WD), and Sea Dragon.

You can then amoe something like:

AR: DEMS
WD: Draciel's WD

or the combo that would be better for beginners:?
AR: Seagon Attacker(Sea Dragon)
WD: Draciel's/Sea Dragon

It might be safer to go with Wolborg MS, but there's your best options basically.
Alright thanks kyler, I will let you know what I end up getting Smile
How much would a yellow Phantom Fox MS NIB go for nowadays?
If you can find one, probably $80.

EDIT: That is how much it is worth, it would go for much higher.
Thanks! Can't wait to rub it in Kai-Vs face XD
(Aug. 29, 2013  11:54 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Thanks! Can't wait to rub it in Kai-Vs face XD

... Where ?
It was just a joke, but I can't wait to bid on it!
(Aug. 30, 2013  12:28 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: It was just a joke, but I can't wait to bid on it!

I think she means where from.