HMS General Discussion

(Feb. 23, 2012  4:24 PM)ACfalcon14 Wrote: The grip tips from HMS are the best ever imo. I have four GFC and one GFCUM and more beys on order, Dragoon mf, and a NIB MSUV (so 2 GFCUM) and the ones i have still have barely any signs of wear. And also I WANT MAMS BAD! i know the AR is good, but in terms if price, what am i looking at?

Ahh, that's reassuring. I'd probably try Q&A for the MAMS question Smile

(Feb. 23, 2012  4:24 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: The ability to switch spin direction like that actually seriously limited the game, especially in terms of attack types. And I think the rubber tips in HMS were made out of polyurethane.

Really? How so? I guess for Bearing Core 2, it protects against upper if you can get the opposite spin direction, and the rubber prevents smash... Surely if it were that big a deal, Advance Attacker would just be really popular for bi-directionality?
Well, most top tier attack rings only worked in right spin. That's why towards the end Of hms I wanted to start using Jiraiya Blade.
I still don't see how that would make any difference to smash attack wheels?
That's why he was using Jiraiya blade, I imagine, for smash?

Upper Attack is more effective because the main defense RC is based on grip, which is useless once lifted. Grip-Based Defense, however, is difficult to beat with Smash (apply more force to the rubber and it grips harder, basically (very poor explanation as my dog is begging me for a pat and trying to lick my face)). So, if you're limited to a single spin direction, all the opponent has to do is select the opposite spin direction to that and your attacker can't really upper it effectively, and you're still unable to smash it out due to grip.

I want to try using something like the combo mc frown posted for plastics, that I wrote about at length in the Wolborg 2 rewrite thread, see if that would work. Though you couldn't get the spin stealing thing done right, so that would limit it, as there weren't any aggressive bearing-supported RC's, were there?

One would think the bi-directionality would have made Advance Attacker the most popular Attack AR, though... I'm guessing the small size was a limitation or something?
At this time no one was trying to beat defense with attack. That's something that started with MFB.
(Feb. 23, 2012  6:59 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: At this time no one was trying to beat defense with attack. That's something that started with MFB.

Ahh, that makes more sense. In general, I mean. Still, with only one type of defense to beat, you should be able to limit it to the winner being based on spin direction.

Curious, seeing as you were around there, how common was a good sliding shot back in the day? The wiki makes it out to be as difficult as waterfall, as opposed to the necessity we view it with now?

I do it in plastics sometimes, but I'm yet to find an attacker that can reliably defeat all types of defense, generally you lose against one type.

Oh, and sorry for often straying off into other generations, it's just the perspective I'm coming into HMS from, so its hard to leave that "at the door".
Well, not a lot of people played attack. Only the good players did. The reason it was viewed as such a hard thing to do is because no one practiced. But honestly, no one uses te sliding shoot in MFB. You can't do it with a string shooter.
(Feb. 23, 2012  7:26 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: But honestly, no one uses te sliding shoot in MFB. You can't do it with a string shooter.

I respect you a lot but I'm going to have to ask for more explanation of this, because it sounds utterly ludicrous, or, at best, based on an impractically strict interpretation of "sliding shoot".

"No one practiced" explains a lot to me, though, as bad as that may be.
Hah. Maybe not "sliding" technically, but the exact same effect can be had by moving the beylauncher rapidly towards the stadium while shooting.
Exactly, the overall motion done by the launcher is different (the string is longer than a ripcord, and attached, though the latter is insignificant if you are launching correctly, allowing it to "slip" from your grip when it is fully extended). However, the movement of the unlaunched beyblade relative to the stadium, and the resulting motion of the beyblade upon hitting the stadium surface, are identical (again, assuming proper technique).
Furthermore, the front hand still "slides" forward in the same motion.
I find it really uncomfortable. You guys can pull with the same strength as a straight shot when you do your sliding shoot? Also, I've never EVER seen anyone use the sliding shoot with a beylauncher. They just bank.
(Feb. 23, 2012  11:13 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I find it really uncomfortable. You guys can pull with the same strength as a straight shot when you do your sliding shoot? Also, I've never EVER seen anyone use the sliding shoot with a beylauncher. They just bank.

It takes some adjusting to, but it's still a sliding shot... My front hand moves, otherwise it wouldn't be a sliding shot. Yes, full power.

Where do you attend tournaments, someone needs to go there and teach them how to launch...
(Feb. 23, 2012  7:26 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Well, not a lot of people played attack. Only the good players did. The reason it was viewed as such a hard thing to do is because no one practiced. But honestly, no one uses te sliding shoot in MFB. You can't do it with a string shooter.

"No Sliding Shoot because strings"

Seems as if you are considering you/your Beyblade community as the whole community, which isn't the case. I am certain that others can, and do, do this technique.

I personally do not prefer Sliding Shoot, but I know it is definitely doable. What I think you were trying to get at was that it was easier and more noticeable with the old String+Launcher.
(Feb. 23, 2012  6:30 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Well, most top tier attack rings only worked in right spin. That's why towards the end Of hms I wanted to start using Jiraiya Blade.

If I'm not mistaken, Slash Riger's AR is one of the ones that worked fine in both spins, although iirc it switched from Upper to Smash... I wonder about Circle Upper Mold 2/3/4/12/8579348579348 in Left...

I can also attest to the Sliding Shot being something quite real in MFB with a Beylauncher. It took me longer to get it right than with a ripcord launcher, but I can still do it, and pretty much any Attack Blader here can, as well.
Here I am advocating practice and I'm the one who should have practiced.
I'm not familiar with Slash Riger's Upper capabilities..? Circle Upper in opposite spin direction of the opponent is all Smash, IIRC.
Slash Upper definitely has some very prominent Upper slopes... I think Kei was the one who originally told me it was a great mix of both types?

I'd test it, but I'm not scuffing my mint Fukobako SR. If I get a white one, though...
Yeah just looking at the pictures on Beywiki, it looks like it'd do pretty decent in left-spin.

I know that feel: I can't handle the idea of using my Fukobako Samurai Changer..
Jeez guys it's like I'm the only one who reads the articles. It's got both.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...lash_Upper Wrote:Slash Upper is the most useful part of Slash Riger MS. It is strong in not just one, but two types of Attack: Smash Attack and Upper Attack.
I already knew what the article said - I was speaking more from a "users with personal experience" thing.

Kei is probably the one who wrote that, though, so.
(Feb. 24, 2012  12:45 AM)th!nk Wrote: Jeez guys it's like I'm the only one who reads the articles. It's got both.

Serious

i was doing it before u!!!111

Yeah. Still, CircleUpper4Lyfe.

Edit: Yeah Kei wrote it.
I just realized how cool Riger Emblem looks.
It really is only me who despises the look of Slash Riger..

I don't know why, but I can't stand its hideously over-aggressive look. Especially since it comes with a plastic bottom of all things!
I dislike the white Slash Riger, but when all the spikes and such are splayed out, it just looks neato!

DEMS and Sea Dragon forever.
I love it. The AR isn't the best (because it isn't DEMS or BDMS), but the beyblade itself is just crazy cool.

"BIG SPIKY THING YAY!"

Even if the big spiky parts suck.

But yeah, DEMS is probably my favourite in terms of looks, the orange one probably the most. I don't think I liked it initially, I guess Hazel's overwhelming enthusiasm has got to me. I also love BDMS, because it's called "Bloody Devil" and has the big angry face and spikes. Sea Dragon, I dunno, I haven't seen a good enough image. MAMS is cool, and okay I'm not gonna lie: I like most HMS.