HMS General Discussion

Gosh, I wish I had GFC or GFCUV. I have to use MF. I still love the speed but the grip is horrible, as expected from a metal tip.
I have to use Metal Change and Flat, I have yet to buy (not allowed) an Advance Striker. :\ iknowthatfeelbro
If you could make an HMS equivalent to Bump King, what would the combo be? Or heck an original design be?
Illegal, but here:

AR: Advance Balancer w/o Metal Frame (ABS Caul only)
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Sharp Core

Yup, that should be it. Draciel and Advance Balancer would do the trick.
Advance Balancer has a sub-AR??? Or is it the ABS Caul/Metal Frame you are mentioning
When I say S-AR, I mean Metal Frame yeah, whoops. XD

I referred to it as S-AR because it sits underneath and is easily removable, but yeah I'll fix that.
(Feb. 23, 2012  3:43 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Or at least not yet...

The comparison I've seen thrown around recently is that Zero-G is to MFB as HMS was to plastics. If this turns out to be a fair comparison, then perhaps a GFCUM-like tip is in our future! Smile

If that happens I'll host a tournament in celebration.
I hope they do, so I don't have to find a GFC (UM) to find out and then get hooked like I am on Ariel 2's tip.

(Feb. 23, 2012  1:51 AM)Hazel Wrote: To set the record straight, no tip has ever been made that is as easy to control, with that level of speed, as GFCUM. Uriel 2's tip is faster, but nigh uncontrollable in comparison.

Takara did right with GFCUM, and then decided to never do it again.
Ariel 2, you mean Serious

Can't control Ariel 2? Here's my motto: PRACTICE HARDER!!!

Seriously guys, I'm having trouble resisting now.

Oh, and I now have all of the following coming:
Slash Riger MS
Phantom Fox MS (mix of green and blue with some extra parts, I think an extra RC. Have Sharp and Flat tips).
Draciel MS
Gaia Dragoon MS (Should have got driger instead, got loads of circle heavies coming)
Advance Striker
Advance Balancer/Circle Heavy/Free Shaft Core
Samurai Changer MS (Mismatched colours)
Sea Dragon (Hopefully with the 17g CWD Piece, I wish there were a way to tell them apart visually).
Grip Flat Core x2
Bearing Core

Hopefully I'll get back to work this week so I can get Jiraiya MS, Magical Ape MS, Round Shell MS and DEMS next week after pay day.

Now the painful wait for them all to arrive begins!
Little Mermaid 2's tip requires a lot of practice.

GFCUM really does not, beyond basic knowledge of Sliding Shoot. It is also not too much slower - and is certainly fast enough to get the job done.
Honestly, it didn't take me much practice. When Mint, it moves so fast that it covers the whole stadium while still at full speed. As long as you even bank correctly and are using Tornado Attack you'll hit something and there is nothing they can do to avoid the graceless return to the sea.

It's when it wears you need more practice to stop it stalling, but you can still get almost equal speed.

I'd always heard that GFC(UM) was the fastest tip ever anyway?
I'm not sure about ever, but certainly the fastest HMS RC. I think practice is definitely taken for granted by many players, too.

Woah! You got all those HMS already?! Adopt me, th!nk! You're going to love HMS. You'll be hooked. It's like battling with plastics on steroids. Plus, switching spin direction is a breeze. No SG(is that what you call it? I'm rusty with plastics.) required.
I was under the impression Customize Grip Base was faster, but it may not be the case.

In any event, though, the HMS rubber attack tips have more usability and overall success than any other rubber attack tips - by a disgusting margin.
(Feb. 23, 2012  12:05 PM)JBladerMS Wrote: I'm not sure about ever, but certainly the fastest HMS RC. I think practice is definitely taken for granted by many players, too.

Woah! You got all those HMS already?! Adopt me, th!nk! You're going to love HMS. You'll be hooked. It's like battling with plastics on steroids. Plus, switching spin direction is a breeze. No SG(is that what you call it? I'm rusty with plastics.) required.

I have some very, very helpful friends, haha, it was quite a surprise to me, honestly.
The dual spin functionality is one of my favourite innovations of any series of beyblades, and I was heavily disappointed that spin direction was more limited in MFB than any system before.

Hazel: While we're on the topic, how fast do they wear, then?
Not too fast IIRC. The rubber is soft and good for speed, but there's enough of it and it has enough durability to last for a long period of time (at least, if you don't go crazy with it every day, long for a rubber tip). Of course, getting doubles to keep them in prime condition is always nice.
If I had the money left, I'd hunt down a GFC(UM) RC, haha, but I'm pretty much out until I work next week, based on a couple of purchases I have pending that I need to hold the cash for.
Buy me a cheap and usable HMS too mang! (coughJiraiyaonebaycough)

Seriously though, I'm waiting for when you pick up that 300 USD auction with the lime green MSUV haha.
You'll be waiting a very long time, believe me. I am a bargain hunter at heart, and while it might be worth it if I can trade parts off or whatever, I'm really very lazy. I will probably end up just buying an RC of someone or something or somehow getting a bargain on it.
I wish GFCUM were available in huge bulk bags. My fantasy.
They should have done it for base clips in plastics, and RF/R2F in MFB, but then while the line is out no one would buy the beyblades. :\

Replacement tips would have been nice though, honestly.
Yeah, it isn't like RF and R2F aren't already sitting around in huge plastic tubs and boxes (which I'm sure they are).

It would be interesting to know what the materials and labor breakdown is in the parts of a beyblade. There could be a huge margin on tips and tracks (and the release of the attack, defense, phantom orion, and BBP parts sets would seem to support this) and the largest margin must come from the single piece plastic tips like BS, WF, etc.

For HMS specifically, the cost goes up some because of the larger form factor that a running core has over an MFB performace tip, but I would still imagine that it could be profitable if they did some limited runs with their existing molds...

It's a thought anyway.
I doubt they would, collectors would riot, I guess... Not that I'd mind. It would be lovely to see, but it's just an overly optimistic dream. :c
Well, if I were a TakaraTomy product manager I would definitely have my eye on the resale value and volume of product lines that were no longer in production to make estimates of potential markets.

It isn't a popular line of thinking in corporations, but you can add a lot to the bottom line by stringing together a set of niche product releases. The reason it isn't popular is because manufacturing corporations are still in the "blockbuster" mode of thinking, but over the next 5-10 years this will have to radically change.

Mark my words: the widespread availability of low-cost rapid prototyping machines (Fab@Home, etc.) will decimate the international plastic manufacturing business. More plastic parts will be produced in domestic markets rather than being imported, and once a 3D design is available and accessible to the masses there will be no room whatsoever for the inclusion of additional brand-related margin for any plastic part.
(Feb. 23, 2012  3:48 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Well, if I were a TakaraTomy product manager I would definitely have my eye on the resale value and volume of product lines that were no longer in production to make estimates of potential markets.

It isn't a popular line of thinking in corporations, but you can add a lot to the bottom line by stringing together a set of niche product releases. The reason it isn't popular is because manufacturing corporations are still in the "blockbuster" mode of thinking, but over the next 5-10 years this will have to radically change.

Mark my words: the widespread availability of low-cost rapid prototyping machines (Fab@Home, etc.) will decimate the international plastic manufacturing business. More plastic parts will be produced in domestic markets rather than being imported, and once a 3D design is available and accessible to the masses there will be no room whatsoever for the inclusion of additional brand-related margin for any plastic part.

You've managed to describe my perfect world right there. Why aren't you in charge of every company in the world? Seriously guy. Sadly, I don't think many product managers look that far.

Honestly, as soon as plastic fabrication becomes affordable I'll be pumping out base clips which are indistinguishable from the originals. I figure by that time there won't be any questions about legality because there won't be any base clips left, either.

To be more on the HMS Topic, would such a home fabrication machine allow for the replacement of broken RC's, or at least the shells, which old internals could be placed into?

Also, I don't know if they'd still have the relevant ties with NSK for bearings for things like Bearing Core, based on the fact they apparently didn't use or at least, didn't advertise, any specific branding of the bearing in B: D.
The grip tips from HMS are the best ever imo. I have four GFC and one GFCUM and more beys on order, Dragoon mf, and a NIB MSUV (so 2 GFCUM) and the ones i have still have barely any signs of wear. And also I WANT MAMS BAD! i know the AR is good, but in terms if price, what am i looking at?
The ability to switch spin direction like that actually seriously limited the game, especially in terms of attack types. And I think the rubber tips in HMS were made out of polyurethane.