HMS General Discussion

I'd only consider Sea Dragon a necessity if you're going to actually be using Wolborg or Jiraiya customs, honestly.
I will use wolborg. Despite preferring attack, I'm also rather keen on this winning idea, so I'm not averse to cheap wins via zombies if necessary.

I could pass on Sea Dragon in the end, though, yes. I've already made an offer on one though (alongside adv. striker), so yeah. If that all comes together I just need a wolborg MS for the time being.

That said, only a few people in perth have HMS, so it's not like I'll have much to do with them
The cheapest wins in HMS are via Attack.

You really cannot understand how much easier they are to use(and win with) until you get ahold of them.
Come on th!nk, you know you want to buy my super old and beat-up, but definitely still usable Hasbro Thunder Dragon for 20 USD and shipping! Wink

I may be willing to sell mine, provided I can get a hold of some of my priority HMS or even 4D wants right now. I have a second one anyways.
I will pass. Bare necessities until I'm back at work. Honestly, I shouldn't have bought anything today.

Hazel Really? Ahh well, Sea Dragon is handy for Attack too, and it's a funky little guy.
That OHKO AR yo. I would manage to lose mine (it has Needle Attacker instead of Defense Ring) when I finally got viable parts for playing HMS again.
If Attack is as strong as Hazel says (i.e. as strong as Dan thinks it is in MFB lololololol), OHKO would be pointless.
Well, tbh OHKO is mad fun. Especially Seagon Attacker. Slap a Grip Sharp on that thing (more trolol) instead of Metal Ball and have fun with left-spin.
I wasn't aware there was a universe where OHKO wasn't less-preferred compared to regular Upper/Smash combos... I mean in all of your tinkering you've only found what, one? Two maybe? OHKO combos that didn't get outweighed entirely by their risks...

We've got plenty of HMS tournament videos around, and any time an Attack user is present, it's pretty obvious what the diggs are. I think one of Blitz's tournaments was rolled by a Metal Change combo, in fact.

EDIT: I will admit having been curious about Seagon Attacker combos in the past, though.
Two or three that I'd use over normal smash. One is currently my favourite beyblade.

Hmm, yeah, Seagon Attacker looks real interesting...

What does attack do against Jiraiya MS then?
Jiraiya Blade CWD Defense Ring Bearing Core 2 combos are neat, but I have definitely still seen them get bounced out of a Tornado Attack by Samurai Upper.

I need to find that combo Synesthesia was talking about being really hard to KO...

EDIT: Oh, it was the Samurai/Circle Upper God Ring BC2 combo, that's what I was thinking of.

HMS: Probably the only meta where the best Attack AR is also the best Defense and one of the best(in the case of Circle)Wobble/Stamina combos.
Upper beats Jiraiya pretty badly if done right, while Smash is less effective. Something like Slash Upper, which you will soon get, can get the job done.

Jiraiya Blade itself is pretty fun to play around with.
Sweet. That said, I will probably still pick up a Samurai Changer when I can afford to, because the AR seems to be the most reliable for attack in general. Dragoon MS is hanging over me heavily as a necessity though, alongside Advance Striker...

EDIT: May have some. Also, bought a Gaia Dragoon MS for a second launcher and also because it looks funky. I kinda wanted driger MS but a second Circle Heavy and the derpy appearance of Driger MS's RC made me choose gaia dragoon.

I think Ga is quite fond of it, iirc.

I'll probably hunt down mams and round shell ms next week after pay day, haha.

Always nice to see you posting, by the way Smile
Yes, yes I am. :3

When I use it, it works very well. Dei has a MAMS, I bought her Round Shell. Plamoya has RSMS for 45 USD, surprisingly enough.

The gimmicks are so much fun as well, you wouldn't believe.
(Feb. 21, 2012  10:15 AM)th!nk Wrote: I just bought a draciel MS...

It has begun...

LOL. I have one too. I wanted to tell you to invest in an AdvanceStriker for the RC and AR. I put DrigerMS on the Metal Flat Core and pretend it's Driger F.

Btw has anyone noticed how small DracielMS's AR is? It might have minor (outclassed) use as a compact AR.
Draciel ARs are bad, aside from Master/Kid(I forget which...). Six million points of recoil, go!
I think I used DracielMS against a Samurai Changer upper attack combo. Poor thing barely got a chance to rotate before flying out of the stadium.
(Feb. 21, 2012  5:17 PM)Hazel Wrote: We've got plenty of HMS tournament videos around, and any time an Attack user is present, it's pretty obvious what the diggs are. I think one of Blitz's tournaments was rolled by a Metal Change combo, in fact.

Won numerous matches with this combo at HMS' NOT DEAD!:

AR: Samurai Upper
WD: CWD God Ring
RC: Metal Change Core

Five, apparently, according to my post in the Winning Combinations thread.

It's definitely not a good choice in TBTS though, with how likely you are to face a GFC or GFC UM combo.

(Feb. 21, 2012  9:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...tomization

try this. it's fun.

Both Crimson and I used this a few times throughout HMS' NOT DEAD!. Eee Sucks when you don't get the right spin direction though haha.
IIRC, Crimson used GFCUM?
Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I'm usually not too far off when I remember absolutely random bits of information out of left field.

Anyway, the WBO needs more Plastic/HMS tournaments! :V
Th!nk, that means you!
(Feb. 22, 2012  2:07 AM)Dan Wrote: IIRC, Crimson used GFCUM?
Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I'm usually not too far off when I remember absolutely random bits of information out of left field.

It was Deikailo.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning-Combinations?pid=720281&highlight=not+dead#pid720281

Don't know why I chose to use that Metal Change Core combo in TBTS!
Specifically, HMS. Dei, that means you in NY! I could help co-host if you sell me your Wolborg.

I<3RSMS
(Feb. 21, 2012  10:20 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Yes, yes I am. :3

When I use it, it works very well. Dei has a MAMS, I bought her Round Shell. Plamoya has RSMS for 45 USD, surprisingly enough.

The gimmicks are so much fun as well, you wouldn't believe.

Hm, I might chase that, but shipping would make it higher than ebay, I'd think.

(Feb. 22, 2012  2:07 AM)Dan Wrote: IIRC, Crimson used GFCUM?

Anyway, the WBO needs more Plastic/HMS tournaments! :V
Th!nk, that means you!

I am planning a plastics tourney when I have money for prizes, but only a couple of people out here have HMS.

Hazel: Kid/Master beys are he same beyblade in different colours, haha. Metal Draciel's AR isn't that bad either (same as master dranzer's). Strike Turtle (V2) is usable for attack, too.
I tried Strike Turtle out and got nothing fantastic in the way of results with it, on Customize Grip with a 10H and Neo-Right(or left...) and the Draciel V2 SP..

You could always do what a lot of HMS tournament hosters do and just lend out your collection - now that you've started buying, you won't stop anyway.