HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - Toronto Beyblade tournament! (July 19th, 2009 - RESCHEDULED)

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: highparkthrowdownlogov2.png]

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 - 1PM
(originally slated for Saturday, July 18th)
MFB FORMAT

Calling all Toronto area Bladers! Come join Khel, Blue, and I as we host the first Beyblade tournament in Toronto in years (outside of Anime North haha)! Keep checking back here for more details as they become available!

We're hoping that we can create some sort of Toronto Beyclub, with HPT being the first event. Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! And of course, we'll do some ranked and free battles in between everything. Oh, and there will be some prizes!

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]
On the day of the tournament, all of us will be meeting at the Bloor entrance of High Park at 1pm (as shown on the map here) and we'll walk to the location. Anybody who shows up a little late can just use the map and pictures to find their way.

If you think there is a possibility of you getting lost or anything else coming up, PM Khel right now to get his cell number.

Attendance List:
Kei
Khel
Blue
Minion + other friends possibly
DynamicUno
kool-kid9980
D-Trix
del_dark_wolf
ozzy_pegasus10
sony323

Possible Attendees:
asterisk93
jamie
BladerQ
To
muslimboi

EDIT 7/19/09: The tournament is over! Thanks to everyone who showed up! Keep an eye out for details on our next gathering.

Final Standings!
1st Place: kool-kid9980
2nd Place: Kei
3rd Place: Khel
4th Place: Minion

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Is everything okay in terms of video? I have a DVD camcorder i could bring if need be... Video quality is decent ^^
(Jul. 15, 2009  11:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: What do you need help with? :\

well i need a little help in actually buying beyblades & i know i want L. drago with a beylauncher & a stadium. im pretty sure that i would probubly get 1 more beyblade starter set, maybe a bull or a r.leone. also, i tried looking around for beyblades, i have terrible luck and could only find em for like 40 bucks each so (starters) could u help me find some?
we have purchase consultation threads and etc. This is a thread for HPT

Check out Dickson_C and buzztoy on ebay. They'll have some of what you're looking for

And no I will not have a stock of beys for sale, so stop asking people.
Beaten by Khel.

You guys have no idea how excited i am for my first tourney! I know im gonna do horrible though xP
Maybe when im older i can try to stock up on some MFB to sell.
(Jul. 17, 2009  7:33 AM)asterisk93 Wrote: Is everything okay in terms of video? I have a DVD camcorder i could bring if need be... Video quality is decent ^^

I have a camera that can shoot HD but only have a 2 gig card atm so that's like 8 minutes of video (not much use)

So feel free to bring it. Good chance we may need to use it.
wow 2 more days for the tourney to begin!im so pumped up and i'm glad to see everyones so pumped up too
I'll ask my mom if i can bring her camera. If not i will just bring mine. It doesn't have good quality like hers so i wont be posting it on youtube. Personal video i guess.
yea that reminds me are u guys gonna be posting the HPT video on youtube on the WBO channel
If we get some decent footage we might.
Khel, use your camera to get some dece footage and I'll make a video.
Great this will be a moment not to forget especially for the ppl new to the tourney's like me and kool-kid
(Jul. 17, 2009  7:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Khel, use your camera to get some dece footage and I'll make a video.

My camera is good enough, right? It shoots 640 x 480 (as does Blue's) and you did use some of my footage in the BWR video.

I suggested that Khel save his camera for the finals and other things towards the end (maybe some opening footage with it would be nice as well) because he only has a 2 gig SD Card (8 minutes of HD footage, apparently).
I can bring my camera, it's a canon elph, I'm unlikely to take much footage, but I may take photos, and if someone else wants to film with it, I'd let them use it.
I got a DVD camcorder that can shoot up to an hour of footage, so i'll bring it in case ^^
We're going to have a lot of cameras...
I cant believe L drago is one of the prizes Im so jealous
L.L. drago

Not L Drago. We're too cool for that.
Updated the OP with some important information (below map).

In summary; we will be meeting at the Bloor entrance to High Park at 1pm. Also PM Khel to get his cell number in case something comes up on the day of the tournament.
wow lightning L drago is one of the prizes...amazing now I wanna work even harder!oh but how bout the other prizes?
(Jul. 18, 2009  6:02 AM)del_dark_wolf Wrote: wow lightning L drago is one of the prizes...amazing now I wanna work even harder!oh but how bout the other prizes?

This is the complete, final list of prizes:

First Place:
Attack Stadium
Defense and Stamina Reshuffle set
LL Drago

Second Place:
Dark Bull
Dark Wolf
Libra

Third Place:
Rock Leone
Random Booster Light Vol. 2 Wind Aquario 100HF/S

Get excited!
stamina & defense reshuffles are going to become like nazi germany marks
LOL, Camera Overload xD

Alright, i'll leave mine home for this one.
*excited* I should probably practice a little today @_@;
I feel scared. I WANT LL DRAGO THOUGH