HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - Toronto Beyblade tournament! (July 19th, 2009 - RESCHEDULED)

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: highparkthrowdownlogov2.png]

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 - 1PM
(originally slated for Saturday, July 18th)
MFB FORMAT

Calling all Toronto area Bladers! Come join Khel, Blue, and I as we host the first Beyblade tournament in Toronto in years (outside of Anime North haha)! Keep checking back here for more details as they become available!

We're hoping that we can create some sort of Toronto Beyclub, with HPT being the first event. Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! And of course, we'll do some ranked and free battles in between everything. Oh, and there will be some prizes!

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]
On the day of the tournament, all of us will be meeting at the Bloor entrance of High Park at 1pm (as shown on the map here) and we'll walk to the location. Anybody who shows up a little late can just use the map and pictures to find their way.

If you think there is a possibility of you getting lost or anything else coming up, PM Khel right now to get his cell number.

Attendance List:
Kei
Khel
Blue
Minion + other friends possibly
DynamicUno
kool-kid9980
D-Trix
del_dark_wolf
ozzy_pegasus10
sony323

Possible Attendees:
asterisk93
jamie
BladerQ
To
muslimboi

EDIT 7/19/09: The tournament is over! Thanks to everyone who showed up! Keep an eye out for details on our next gathering.

Final Standings!
1st Place: kool-kid9980
2nd Place: Kei
3rd Place: Khel
4th Place: Minion

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey, bad news on my part.

The people i wanted to bring along... Well currently he's caught up in his whirlwind internet romance and wants more time to chat with his california sweetheart, and his sister can't go if he doesn't. I was going to tell you about another guy that seemed interested, but he's going out that weekend with his girlfriend.

Sorry to report guys, But i think cupid has a grudge against our tourney :(

Edit: i'll still try my best to get there on time, i fully intend to go, but because sh*t happens [to me] i ask that i be kept on the maybe list. Thanks ^^

Edit to my Edit: [essentially an Edit Edit]

Why the hell is it so amazingly difficult to find people to go to these things? Hell, we have a bloody World Organization. Dammit, bladers can't be that obscure D:
i might be goin if i get my mfb put me on the mabye lift[/align]
Aww man. Would we even have enough people for this tourny??!!
If more people don't start committing then we might have an issue

Come on people this event has the potential to be amazing

1)Beyblades
2) Sick Prizes
3)Beyblades
4)Me....
Aww......poor Khel, you made my heart melt. *hug*

Seriously guys, please do try to make this event, it could be so brilliant! Crying
I don't think we heard anything from ransack...

I'll shoot off a few persuading PMs
Great!

Kei will update the OP when he gets on.
@ D-trix
Good man.

I think we might be able to scrape by the 9 person minimum...barely
u guys r sooo lucky, I live way across the sees from canada
I'll see if I can get in touch with anyone, guys.
(Jul. 07, 2009  5:39 AM)Muslimboi Wrote: i might be goin if i get my mfb put me on the mabye lift[/align]

Are you waiting on some MFB to be shipped? Even if you don't have any, someone can lend you one for the tournament. So don't worry about something like that.
(Jul. 07, 2009  3:56 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: I'll shoot off a few persuading PMs

(Jul. 07, 2009  8:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'll see if I can get in touch with anyone, guys.

Thanks guys. Smile

(Jul. 07, 2009  4:11 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: I think we might be able to scrape by the 9 person minimum...barely

It could go either way, really. We're that close.

Updated the OP.
del_dark_wolf

please add him to the attendee list Kei.
I talked to my bf, you can put him down as an attendee Smile "DynamicUno" on the boards I do believe...

I may bring others, but they are not guaranteed.
(Jul. 11, 2009  5:28 AM)Minion Wrote: I talked to my bf, you can put him down as an attendee Smile "DynamicUno" on the boards I do believe...

Ah, I remember the name (how could I forget?! haha). I'll add him to the list. Smile

The attendance list is looking good! We should have nine bladers, at the very least.
Kei, sent u a pm, and also...
i rememeber mentioning this a few posts ago... but what if it rains? :T weather is quite unpredicatable lately.
(Jul. 11, 2009  5:49 AM)Beynval Wrote: i rememeber mentioning this a few posts ago... but what if it rains? :T weather is quite unpredicatable lately.

We'll worry about that if the forecast says it is going to rain!

edit: Just read your PM. Can't wait to see you and your cousin there! Grin
If it rained i would go out and hunt each weather person that said it would be sunny. Then hunt the rest of the weather people. Then i would go eat ice cream. But, this is my first tourny so i've been wating up to this. IT BETTER NOT RAIN!!
WE'D BATTLE IN THE RAIN, LIKE REAL BLADERS!

Actually I'm not sure what we'll do yet. Hopefully it won't rain and we will have sunstroke inducing heat. Joyful_2
(Jul. 11, 2009  10:58 PM)Khel Wrote: WE'D BATTLE IN THE RAIN, LIKE REAL BLADERS!

Actually I'm not sure what we'll do yet. Hopefully it won't rain and we will have sunstroke inducing heat. Joyful_2

Lol!

I have no problem blading in the rain. Every rainstorm my friends and i go play football but if its lightning we don't.
Since it's a park, shouldn't this place have some sort of tent-like building or shelter. Usually big, public parks like this one, have some sort of tent-like building or shelter where people can eat or whatever so if it rained, you could just go there I guess...

EDIT: Yes, they do.

[Image: 2a5hceb.jpg]
Isn't that a bit far from where we are heading though? I'm sorry if thats wrong cuz im not good with maps.
You could just put the tournament outside the shelter, then.
Yeah. I think that would be the best thing to do. Maybe the one near Picnic Area #15. This creek might be cool though. Kei, what do you think?