HELL Minute Molds

Hey World Bladers!

In this thread, I will explain that there are actually 3 (three) different molds currently known for the famous HELL metal wheel. I've noticed for quite some time that the same Hell metal wheel would win majority of its mirror matches, and it's been in my head since, so I did a little inspection and some tests.

Basic Physical Appearances: (Grooves, indentations etc)

They are identical.

Weights:

The difference in weights for different molds is negligible.

Reinforcement Points: (<-- for lack of a better term for the circles on the underside)

Apparently, the circles on the underside of the metal wheels hold no meaning behind the mold difference. They are quite random really. Some have 1 less circle, some have 1 off-placed circle, and some have circles which are evenly distributed.

[Image: Hellmolds.jpg]

This picture is provided as an example that the stamps / reinforcement points do not dictate which mold you have. It is completely random.

Paint Issues:

Paint is not an issue. I had a Gold TT one paint-stripped, and resulted in similar results compared to before the paint-strip. I then custom painted it with Tamiya Gun Metal paint for collection purposes, and still yielded similar results, give and take a few seconds.

Stamps: (A1, A2, A3 etc)

These do not determine which mold it is. Should the same mold happened to have the same stamp numbers, it is merely coincidental.

How to acquire the 4-minute mold:

Unfortunately, there is no way to know without doing the solo spin tests. Yet, the few 4-minute molds that have been tested happened to be both TAKARA-TOMY 's Hell Kerbecs BD145 DS (Gold - Japan Edition). However, it's still not a guarantee.

How to test:

Solo spin it with the following combination: Hell Kerbecs BD145 DS (No metal faces). Make sure the parts, especially DS, are in good condition. And just hope that you get lucky.

Results:

Notes:

The 2-minute mold seems to move around a little and tend to have a little wobble, while the 3-minute, and the 4-minute molds are pretty much static. This raises quite a consideration while tested using the Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD against numerous other combinations (namely the S-tip, since people are getting different results. It's possible that the mold difference in Hell might cause this problem.) So please, do your own testings to decide whether a combination works for you or not.

**I do not own the 4-minute mold, however, the existence of this 4-minute mold has been confirmed by a number of people.**

I, sincerely, hope that this mini-guide helps you bladers out there in your metagame competitively. So, without further ado, please do your own tests, and last but not least, ENJOY!

Special thanks to akira2002, stephen74, Hero, and Kei for confirming the results with their own tests.
I am pretty sure this should go in the Customization forum, but interesting find.
Hah i new there were different molds , I have 2 hells and 1 of them has reinforcement points that are more visible them the others i will do check the solo spin times soon.
(Jul. 06, 2011  5:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Hah i new there were different molds , I have 2 hells and 1 of them has reinforcement points that are more visible them the others i will do check the solo spin times soon.

When you do have the results, mind posting them here? For others to see and confirm also. Thanks buddy.
wow this is really good. i just looked at my hell and under it has 2 points per section but 1 section only has one point and one more point in the middle where the peg for boost mode goes
I'll check for this later when I get home.
If this is true then it is quite a good find.
I can totally vouch for this. I have two from the RB7 that got similar results; 2:30 - 2:45. I also had one from BB-99 that had 3:40- 3:50. Totally valid.
(Jul. 06, 2011  6:17 AM)Hero Wrote: I can totally vouch for this. I have two from the RB7 that got similar results; 2:30 - 2:45. I also had one from BB-99 that had 3:40- 3:50. Totally valid.

Do you mind if I add your results to the OP, Hero?
Nice! Can you include the number of reinforcement points on mold 2&3? Sorry, just curious.
(Jul. 06, 2011  5:58 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2011  5:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Hah i new there were different molds , I have 2 hells and 1 of them has reinforcement points that are more visible them the others i will do check the solo spin times soon.

When you do have the results, mind posting them here? For others to see and confirm also. Thanks buddy.

Ok so here they are

Hell (gold , sonokong) The reinforcement points are barley visible
Times:
3:48.9
3:36.2

Hell (Gold , TT ) The reinforcement points are visible
Times:
3:58.8
4:22.1

I was launching 100% i might do more later , i don't no why there was such a big difference in the second set of times Confused Oh and there was no movement.
EDIT: second one was TT i accidentally wrote sonokong Confused
As I told you the other day Uwik, very interesting find! Just so everyone else can see, here are the tests I conducted the other day, along with my observations. Everything corroborates what Uwik has stated:

Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher

Hell Kerbecs BD145DS (TT Gold Hell, Japan ver.)

4:04
4:11
4:08
4:01
4:01

Hell Kerbecs BD145DS (TT RBV7 Hell Herculeo 100XF Hell)

2:01
2:19
2:17
2:21
2:16

The RBV7 Hell Herculeo Hell Wheel moved around quite a bit on DS, while there was no movement at all with the TT Gold Hell, Japan ver.. The only difference visually was the amount of "circles" on the underside of each Hell Wheel; the RBV7 one had a few less "circles", and the placement was slightly different on one of the wings.
(Jul. 06, 2011  6:23 AM)Shika blade Wrote: Nice! Can you include the number of reinforcement points on mold 2&3? Sorry, just curious.

I'm sorry, I'm at the office at the moment. When I get home, I'll make sure to take pictures so you guys can see them for yourselves. So, maybe in about 10-12 hours from now.. OK?
@ Kei: Thank you also for confirming this. I'll put up your results in the OP if you don't mind.
RustyXD: You seem to have two 3-minute molds from your results. Thank you for testing.
(Jul. 06, 2011  6:21 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2011  6:17 AM)Hero Wrote: I can totally vouch for this. I have two from the RB7 that got similar results; 2:30 - 2:45. I also had one from BB-99 that had 3:40- 3:50. Totally valid.

Do you mind if I add your results to the OP, Hero?

Go for it! I gave you permission to use my results from the very beginning. Those are actually rough estimates though. The more accurate results are the PM I sent you. Please use those ones instead. Thanks!

Edit: All my Hells are TT.
(Jul. 06, 2011  6:27 AM)Uwik Wrote: @ Kei: Thank you also for confirming this. I'll put up your results in the OP if you don't mind.

Go for it.
I feel awkward leaving the times so different so I tested the TT one again and edited the time
(Jul. 06, 2011  6:26 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Hell (gold , sonokong) The reinforcement points are barley visible
Times:
3:48.9
3:36.2

Hell (Gold , TT ) The reinforcement points are visible
Times:
4:17.0
4:22.1
Ahh, nice one buddy! You have a 4-minute mold, and it seems that you have a powerful launch too.
I decided to test mine. Here's what I got.
MFB Attack Stadium (clear)
Hell Kerbecs BD145DS (mint, Gold, TT Hong Kong ver. bought in the Phillipines) (it had A1 stamped)

3:32
3:34
A4, Gold TT BB-99 mold. Pretty horrible. But I may just have a weak launch.
2:45
2:15
These are the times I got.

Gold TT BB-99 Hong Kong Ver.
3:48
3:44

Uwik, for your Hell Horuseus results, to confirm, did those have the evenly spaced reinforcement points? I'm asking because I have two of those, and both of mine have the off-placed reinforcement point and passed the 3 minute mark. They did move just a little bit more than the BB-99 mold.

TT RBV7 Hell Horuseus Hell #1
3:26
3:27

TT RBV7 Hell Horuseus Hell #2
3:24
3:28

Either way, this is a really interesting find!
Is there a 1 minute mold? Lol. I have a Hell mold which only spins for a max of 1.5 mins. The other is confirmed to be a 2 minute mold.
So I really was right about the Hell mold.. ControL_ didnt belive me at first, now theres proof-troll face-. Thanks Uwik!
Byser: Yes, my Hell from the Hell Horseus RB7 has evenly spaced circles underneath. The ones with 1 off-placed circle are the 3-minute mold, while the ones with ALL evenly spaced ones are the 2-minute molds. I'll post pictures shortly to better explain.
(Jul. 06, 2011  3:12 PM)® Wrote: So I really was right about the Hell mold.. ControL_ didnt belive me at first, now theres proof-troll face-. Thanks Uwik!

nice work ®, you did a great job of making your hunch known to the forum with extensive testing and proof - props to you for being such an uber-genius, you should get a nobel prize or something man !!!!!!!!!

---

Uwik; this is a great find. I have RB7 and TT BB-99, and I'll provide tests a bit later.
Uwik, can you the other mold as defense? Its heavier right? If so, can you test HellBullBD145CS? w/o MFH and w/MFH please?

@♥ Oh how awesome is your sarcasm I admire it! I gave mine to my cousin tyvm =]
(Jul. 06, 2011  3:09 PM)Xiiaofreak Wrote: Is there a 1 minute mold? Lol. I have a Hell mold which only spins for a max of 1.5 mins. The other is confirmed to be a 2 minute mold.

Well, there's no guarantee that there is no 1 minute mold. However, a couple of possibilities:

1. You have a really bad 2 minute mold
2. You have a launcher problem. (your 1min could be 2min, while your 2min could be 3min). Power loss in beylauncher happens from time to time due to spring problems. Try replacing your beylauncher first, and see what happens next.
(Jul. 06, 2011  3:31 PM)® Wrote: Uwik, can you the other mold as defense? Its heavier right? If so, can you test HellBullBD145CS? w/o MFH and w/MFH please?

Well, generally, metal wheels with high recoils are not suitable for defense, such as Hell. Besides, the weight difference is negligible. The only difference with these molds is the balance issue, which means higher minute mold has a higher balance and stability; equals better stamina.