Gundam Models

00 Raiser is awesome. It would be sexy as carp if it wasn't for the awkwardness of the 0-Raiser's nose sticking out of its back. Still, its power is sexy as carp...and I don't think we've seen everything it can do.

EDIT:

Found the link about Lock-On. Spoilers abound:
Go to 0:54 for proof of Neil.
You should have it in waverider mode Grin

(Jul. 25, 2008  8:24 PM)bugturtles Wrote: okay guys how do you tell the difference between water slide and a regular dry transfer decal sheet

edit: carp i killed a decal
It should have a kind of sticky feel to it, the water slide ones and they're on thicker paper. They also have an outline. While all of the dry transfers I had were on clear plastic lol. I dunno, last time I did a model that had water transfers was 4-5? years ago and was a Subaru Impreza WRC Rally Japan from Tamiya
Man, You should get the X20A - Strike Freedom MG, That is wicked. Also get the X19A Infinite Justice.
(Sep. 02, 2008  5:27 AM)G Wrote: Bumping to say that after 14 hours, I have finished building my baby:
[Image: Zeta1.jpg]

I still gotta repaint some parts, prime the white parts, line the panels, sand it a bit, then top coat it. Sucks that school is tomorrow Uncertain

The Zeta is so awesome! I've still got an MG Zeta unit 3 amuro custom waiting to be built... one day i'm gonna get myself the EX-S gundam MG grade, It looks so awesome
So i'm starting to get into these, since papercraft kinda died for me Pinching_eyes_2
This is my first model, an HG Trojan's Ashtray Green Frame 1/144
[Image: IMGA0035.jpg]

Anything i should know before starting? tips, etc.
Gasp I can't believe I never saw this thread before. I love the models for these, I only have a few but they ar pretty cool and fun to build. Also, When you go to the expo, it is crazy at the moment of these you will see in that place. Stupid
just finished building mine, what do u think

[Image: 12445352908261.jpg]
That looks brilliant, where did you get the background for it though?

[Image: dsc02267-20.jpg]

Heres an image of them at the expo from google, as you can see, they are on the table, at the back, go all the way up and there are some more down the other way and this is only one stand for it.

Edit: now that i look at it more, looks like there is some Robotech there as well, cool. Grin
Some nice pictures of the 1/1 RX-78 Gundam. The gundam will only be standing there (In a park somewhere in Japan) for a limited time. God I really want to watch a 1/1 gundam in real life.

http://pouet2.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/g...ment-fini/
(Jul. 15, 2009  10:01 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: That looks brilliant, where did you get the background for it though?

LOL, i was kidding, it's actually a life-size gundam on display in japan till next month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09hr6Jj2cz4
(Jul. 15, 2009  9:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: just finished building mine, what do u think

[Image: 12445352908261.jpg]

Pretty nice, your paint job could've been better though.

Edit: I knew that >.>
(Jul. 15, 2009  10:10 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: Pretty nice, your paint job could've been better though.

lmao
Lmao, damn you Brad but that is unbelievable, the video wouldn't work that well but that really is amazing.
Hmm. 1/144 is a a lot smaller than i pictured.
What a waste for something that cool to only last for two weeks.
(Jul. 15, 2009  10:41 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: Hmm. 1/144 is a a lot smaller than i pictured.

i agree... after i built my mg 1/100 strike noir, i don't think i can go back to 1/144... i'm not even sure i'd be satisfied with 1/100 HG...
Im still waiting on my X19A Infinite Justice MG and my ZGMF-X42S Destiny model... been waiting 2 months now...
(Jul. 16, 2009  12:03 AM)Zero328 Wrote: i agree... after i built my mg 1/100 strike noir, i don't think i can go back to 1/144... i'm not even sure i'd be satisfied with 1/100 HG...

Once you go 1/100 MG, ya can't go back Grin unless there's no way in hell there's a 1/100 for the model your looking at, like my bucue's Crying
This seems pretty cool, although 1/144 is a bit small for my liking, I want to give the 1/100 Red frame a shot, and move on up grade wise. Green frame is too small for me to want to paint it completely, at most i'd run to a hobby store looking for an inking marker.

Anybody know any cheap models 1/100 models? cheapest i found was the Astray Red Frame. Luckily I can run and get these from a local shopping center. Dear lord some of these are expensive. Anybody tackled PG yet?
1/100 HG Astray Red Frame is an awesome model, I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Oh! I know what I'd want from the Seed-verse HG 1/100 Astray Gold Frame Amatsu. <3 I love my bulky back-attachments XD

@asterisk93: I can't afford PG, but if I could, I'd go straight for the Zeta... as for cheap model, you almost won't find any cheaper than ones you can get locally, because online ones will always include shipping cost. You're lucky you can find them locally, if i want some, i'd need to shop online or wait until i go back to HK or an Expo
How long does it take you guys to do these? This is probably way too complicated for a 13 year old but.... I kinda want one XD
you can do it! the instructions come with which part to stick on what, all the parts are labelled by letter and number. Time varies from person to person

HG - just the shell, the smaller 1/144 takes me around 2 hours max
MG - more parts and hence more details, you can see some inner mechanics, but thats it. I built my Strike Noir over a few short periods, so i don't have a good estimate on time (may include a few screws here and there)
PG - Never built one, too expensive... but some have lightings so i guess its quite a delicate piece of work...

After building a model, a lot of people would like to add their own finishing touches, such as painting their models or adding panel lines using markers, personally, i haven't done this 'cuz i'm scared i'd mess it up but that would truly take skills and i wouldn't bother with anything worse than MG 1/100
http://www.toywiz.com/vgundamgunblaster11.html is this a good one to start with? I wanted a 1/144 one too. It seems great price too