Gundam Models

someguyonmechatalk Wrote:I came to these forums asking the same thing. As to when you should panel, I panel the head, torso, and limbs before I put them all together. I find it easier to do that way because then different body parts don't get in the way.

As to what colors to panel, use a gray marker for light colored plastic like white and yellow. A brown marker is recommended by some to panel medium colors like red. Finally a black marker should be used on dark colors like midnight blue. In the case of Eins, I'd be using black the most.
[Image: dsc5454ne9.th.jpg]

I'm probably never going to change the head into its Gundam form, but have the rest of the body in Destroy Mode.

Looks like he's freestylin with a mic in his hands lmao

No panel lining yet, or decals. That'll come later.

I want to airbrush the blue parts black though. Maybe another day.
okay guys how do you tell the difference between water slide and a regular dry transfer decal sheet

edit: carp i killed a decal
Bumping to say that after 14 hours, I have finished building my baby:
[Image: Zeta1.jpg]

I still gotta repaint some parts, prime the white parts, line the panels, sand it a bit, then top coat it. Sucks that school is tomorrow Uncertain
EDIT: NOW THE IN GENERAL GUNDAM TOPIC

Now I normally would not watch anime, but this is an exception.

I heard of 00's second season which is up to episode 6 now.

Looking back I like 00 WAY more than SEED. I think war and how a single decision one makes can change the world is portrayed much more realistically. However I do miss my Zaku's

Also, I hope that episode 7 will be the end of these carp "marie! marie! marie!!!!" scenes. I want less screaming of the name marie and more Ali Al-Saachez.
Random guess in the series [SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST ONE]:
I bet $10 that Neil isn't dead and that Lyle is evil and will die eventually.
The only Gundam animes I've watched were G Gundam, Wing, and the original (with RX-78)

Three reasons why I stopped watching are:
- I don't have enough time
- Too much drama, from what it looks like, in the newer animes
- I don't have cable anymore lolz (quality on internet = boo)

I'd really like to start watching again though... 00 looks pretty sweet
If you ever watch any J-Dramas, 00 is that + Gundam.
Waiting for the dub Unhappy If it sucks I'll watch the original lol
The voice actor who played Amuro/Quatre is supposed to play Setsuna... not sure how well that'll turn out.
you don't really have to stream the episodes. i myself use torrents or direct downloads are the resolution is bigger and the quality is better.

edit: SPOILER OF FIRST SEASON FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED

if ali or mr. bushido didn't die [apparent in second season], i wouldn't be surprised if neil isn't dead
I'm not liking Sumeragi's voice for the dub.
(Nov. 16, 2008  9:03 PM)G Wrote: I'm not liking Sumeragi's voice for the dub.

Just watched the dub trailer and I don't find her dub voice fitting at all. Unhappy
she sounds like a dude
(not really, it's just too DEEP)
while she needs a nice sexy voice

she has to have the voice to match her donk and her rack
disregarding the fact that i acknowledged an anime character's rack;

episode 7 has been released and subbed. and, finally, [spoiler] i think the MARIE MARIE MARIE episodes will finally stop. however i feel bad for sergei. does anyone else think that sergei will fight along CB at one point? marie is practically an ally of CB now due to allelujah.
okay i now make this the general gundam topic

I finished MS IGLOO Hidden OYW and Apocalypse 0079.

Probably the only episodes I liked were the ones that featured Hildolfr and that giant refueling station that they call a mobile armor.

Why can't they make all the Gundam series in this style? CGI was great. I loved the detail to the mobile suits, sounds, effects (like dust being picked up, or Sonne's 'medicine' case always rattling when he held it/shook it), etc.
SD-Gundam! I used to watch this, and the only good thing that came outta this is Nobodyknows+.
And I didn't even notice untill Naruto Shippuuden! Which is like what? 3 or 4 years later?
SD Gundam Force was totally rad. It was the most rad piece of trash the galaxy could see. So don't have a cow when me and my Captain Gundam come along to take down your super stylish Strike.
I flippin fell in love with those roller skat shoes!! I saw a pair like them, but never got a chance to get them Unhappy
I love SD Gundams (kit wise anyways), but that series was just trash IMO.

In reply to Ep. 7
I BET HIS SON WILL KILL HIM OFF
i agree with G (those kits are quite adorable)

also in reply to episode 8:

carp YEAH BEAM SABERS HIDDEN IN FEET
(Nov. 16, 2008  2:28 PM)bugturtles Wrote: edit: SPOILER OF FIRST SEASON FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED

if ali or mr. bushido didn't die [apparent in second season], i wouldn't be surprised if neil isn't dead

SPOILER:
It's not possible that Neil is still alive. The creator swears that he is dead and the PS2 game Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters extends his death scene and shows that he did not die by the explosion, but it cracked open his helmet and he died due to the lack of oxygen. Besides, it would ruin a lot if he was still alive.

As for Sumeragi, the only gripe I have is that she's clearly the dub VA of Murrue, which is a good choice I guess, but it doesn't stop the fact that I'm seeing Sumeragi as Murrue.

Now, about Gundam in general...I just secured myself an MG 1/100 model of the Unicorn Gundam. It can also transform into its Destroy Mode.

By the way, how many Gundam series has everyone seen? I've seen all of them, save for MS IGLOO and some of the Gundam Evolve shorts.