Gundam Models

It's a plastic model. You really don't want me to answer that question. rofl
Roan Wrote:...

Hi Roan,

It seems that you've accidentally found yourself in a topic you're not at all interested in. Please click http://forums.beywiki.com to return to the forums index.

Thanks,

Tamer Brad
Beywiki.com Staff

screw you, i like making stuff like this

90$ FOR A VIDEO GAME? LULZ
Artie Wrote:

Well, I'm getting at a point here.

What if it turns out you hate this stuff? Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you paid $80 for a model and didn't enjoy it?

I'm saying, why not start off with something a little cheaper in case you don't enjoy it, so then you didn't waste all that cash and if you do end up liking it, then spring for something a little more intricate/pricey.
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Hi Roan,

It seems that you've accidentally found yourself in a topic you're not at all interested in. Please click http://forums.beywiki.com to return to the forums index.

Thanks,

Tamer Brad
Beywiki.com Staff
Hooray for generic GTFO messages.
Is $80 really that much to give it a try? As long as he's going to buy something he might as well pay the extra cash to get a decent one.
Roan Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

Well, I'm getting at a point here.

What if it turns out you hate this stuff? Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you paid $80 for a model and didn't enjoy it?

I'm saying, why not start off with something a little cheaper in case you don't enjoy it, so then you didn't waste all that cash and if you do end up liking it, then spring for something a little more intricate/pricey.

thats fine

but thats not what you said
True.

But that's what I meant. To me, paying $80 for something I've never tried/experienced sounds a little crazy.

But hey, everything is subjective these days so who am I to say, right?
It is an extremely good looking model. I'd go for it if I could afford it.
Did you mean this:
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN951244

I see where Ryan is kinda aiming at, but if you've never built a gundam before, I don't think a master grade would be a great starter. I think MGs have skeletons, but I haven't any experience with those. Just take your time with the kit if you plan to get it though.
The crown jewel of my collection is a 1/60 Freedom Gundam.

If you are still skeptical about starting up this kind of hobby, I suggest going for a 1/144 scale model (one of the HG/MG ones). They are relatively inexpensive, and are less complex to put together. It should help you get a feel for it.
My bad I keep for gettting he's beginning. started with this.
so you're saying that because its my first time, i shouldn't start with that one?

tbh, i've looked through a lot of them, and not many of them catch my eye. I really like this one for its wings and shiz.
Alright, to explain myself a little further so I don't look like the crazy mofo you all must think I am:

I read through this topic before I ever even posted in it. Yeah, that's right. All three pages of it.

It sounds terribly complicated to assemble these things and I think that as a first time buyer I would be a little less willing to shell out so much cash for a model that I may end up getting frustrated with and never finishing or finishing and never touching again.

But either way, a model is a model. You put it together and then you look at it. You only get to put it together and get that rush once. After that its never the same. Trust me, I used to do model cars when I was younger, I know somewhat what the hell I'm talking about on this part.

I'm simply saying that maybe Artie should find some middle ground here. Maybe a model that isn't that expensive but also isn't so cheap that its carp so that he can test the waters and see if he enjoys it.

If so, then by all means shoot for the $80 one. But if not, at least you won't feel too cheated knowing that you didn't waste as much cash as you maybe would've in the first place.

Is that any more sensible?
Hmm you can still start with it, but try not to make some crazy mistake with it. You'll need to put a lot of time into it I'm guessing since just a plain 1/100 kit takes me about 2.5 hours.

Roan Wrote:Alright, to explain myself a little further so I don't look like the crazy mofo you all must think I am:

I read through this topic before I ever even posted in it. Yeah, that's right. All three pages of it.

It sounds terribly complicated to assemble these things and I think that as a first time buyer I would be a little less willing to shell out so much cash for a model that I may end up getting frustrated with and never finishing or finishing and never touching again.

But either way, a model is a model. You put it together and then you look at it. You only get to put it together and get that rush once. After that its never the same. Trust me, I used to do model cars when I was younger, I know somewhat what the hell I'm talking about on this part.

I'm simply saying that maybe Artie should find some middle ground here. Maybe a model that isn't that expensive but also isn't so cheap that its carp so that he can test the waters and see if he enjoys it.

If so, then by all means shoot for the $80 one. But if not, at least you won't feel too cheated knowing that you didn't waste as much cash as you maybe would've in the first place.

Like I said before, I agree that maybe he should start with a smaller kit since it'd be his first one. He just needs to be careful with it. It can be compared to like how some kids get some kick carp car for their first set of wheels to this I guess since it could be good or bad.

It's the experience of making the model that makes it worth it whether it's building it or painting it. In the end you'll have the feeling of accomplishment from it and it's reflected on it being displayed. Cars don't compare to Gundams since most car kits just need like a few pieces glued together then the body finishes the rest of it.
Roan Wrote:Alright, to explain myself a little further so I don't look like the crazy mofo you all must think I am:

You forget that everytime you see it you can say I built that and impress other people or just even yourself.
Thresher Wrote:

You forget that everytime you see it you can say I built that and impress other people or just even yourself.

Um...

I don't know about you but I've found that generally most people aren't impressed by Gundam models or any models for that matter unless they are also interested in them.

I'm usually laughed at when I show people my car models from years back.

D:
Roan Wrote:
Thresher Wrote:

Um...

I don't know about you but I've found that generally most people aren't impressed by Gundam models or any models for that matter unless they are also interested in them.

I'm usually laughed at when I show people my car models from years back.

D:
Mabye its because I have more friends intrested in anime than you had intrested in cars.
Somehow I don't doubt that.

Weaboos are everywhere these days. D:

(No that wasn't a stab at you. I'm just saying anime fandom is far more widespread than car fandom.)
G Wrote:I think MGs have skeletons

They do. Well, at least mine does. It has a inside frame only for the arms and legs, however.

A lot of 1/144 scale models look nice. I'll show you a few of those and the skeleton of the MG 1/100 I have.....tomorrow.
G Wrote:Hmm you can still start with it, but try not to make some crazy mistake with it. You'll need to put a lot of time into it I'm guessing since just a plain 1/100 kit takes me about 2.5 hours.

ya dont rush it. you'll end up breaking a piece or putting two parts together before realizing you forgot to put something inside first. i find the best time to make them is when you've got loads of free time. id kinda stay away from making it in 5 -10 minute intervals cause then you'll end up with a bunch of small parts that dont fit together until you build the next one and you might loose track of them as you unpack and repack it each time
I lied, only the legs have an inner skeleton. It's a RX-78 MG, and I believe it is 1/60, although it's only slightly taller and larger than the 1/100 models I have
[Image: dsc02904pl4.jpg]
[Image: dsc02902su9.jpg]
[Image: dsc02901zu4.jpg]
Who said that 1/144 models aren't nice?
[Image: dsc02900zo7.jpg]
[Image: dsc02899lm7.jpg]
Only the head is missing details.
Any good Tallgeese models about?
If you're asking me, I don't have any. I have a very small collection Lips_sealed
I'm not sure if they have any Wing series models online though.
Just bought Crossbone: Full Cloth for about 40~45 after fees off YJA. I couldn't pay close to 80 for my first, and the only reason I liked the other one was for the wings lol. I'm sure i can pick it up eventually, I saw a ton on YJA.

[Image: m98_49.jpg]