Guidelines for the "Your Creations" forum.

are you going to post a new thread in this forum? open up a shop? show off one of your creations or stories? link your website or channel? start a tournament? or simply post? READ AND UNDERSTAND these rules before proceeding.
Rules

[Revised 10/07/2013@5:42 PM EST]

1. Signatures, avatars, servicing "shops" and making requests
  2. Competitions, entering Competitions and judging
  3. Criticism
  4. Youtube Channels
  5. Advertisement
  6. Character requests, roleplay and stories
  7. Necromancy and bumping threads
  8. To make a new thread or to not make a new thread, that is the question.

Last but not least, keep in mind:

"If you would not post like this elsewhere on the site, do not do it here."

tl;dr:
Nice job on these rules, Insomniac Angry Angrysomniac. Hoping that others will take these rules into consideration when posting. Grin
(Oct. 02, 2012  2:33 AM)Crab Commando Wrote: Hoping that others will take these rules into consideration when posting. Grin
Yeah, I hope so too. I mean c'mon guys, rules are there for you and to make this a better place, not to go against you.
Number 4 is important. They were hating on my story and not being constructive in the slightest.
Would a comedy story count as "trolling"? I am confused.
And also may I say that you should change the bottem and say my moms facebook rule. If you don't want to say it to your grandma don't post it. My grandma is a teacher. Ughh
(Oct. 02, 2012  2:37 AM)Akio314 Wrote: Would a comedy story count as "trolling"? I am confused.

There is a very big difference between a story that is supposed to be humorous and a story that exists for the sole purpose of insulting the existence of spell-check and grammar.

Example:

OK: "Oh, your obsession with MyCode is just like the obsession that Ginga has towards TRIPUUU BEEF BUGAAAHS!"

NO: "i letted it ripp and he died and then my bey fired the stadum and i wninned becoz i flew on da unicorn".
Hah, thank you Insomniangryface (?). Hopefully people will reference off of this before creating random spam.

For people discussing #4 ...

Posting your story in this section entitles it to be read by the public. Not everyone will love your story. Do not confuse critique with hostility.
Yes but as you said it needs to be constructive. Is this constructive?He did post a link and that wasn't helpful as my phone didn't like the site. I will check it out on the computer soon. Anyway he said"these can be longer,more descriptive,more dramatic,better plot. There's over 99999 things to fix metaphorically speaking. The first part is good but that last part gets under my skin.
(Oct. 02, 2012  3:45 AM)wtater888 Wrote: Yes but as you said it needs to be constructive. Is this constructive?He did post a link and that wasn't helpful as my phone didn't like the site. I will check it out on the computer soon. Anyway he said"these can be longer,more descriptive,more dramatic,better plot. There's over 99999 things to fix metaphorically speaking. The first part is good but that last part gets under my skin.

Harsh, but acceptable. At least he told you what you could have fixed. It is up to you to take their suggestions into consideration. However, something like:

"This story sucks major carp and you should stop writing because you suck and so does this story."

Would have been dealt with. I strongly suggest people learn the difference between unecessary hostility and critique.
I'm so glad that you posted this! Joyful_2 I especially like the quote at the bottom!
Just read the rules, my mistake Insomniac. I created a thread without you permission,

And as always your guides and rules are always quick and informative!
(Oct. 02, 2012  8:27 AM)Duck of Hades Wrote: I especially like the quote at the bottom!

Yep, it was needed. People think magically this section is exempt to the community rules Tired
Hah, you did it. The committee made a good choice in you Angry.
On the other hand, quality control in the post in signature shops seriously need to be amplified. I am relatively disgusted at the lack of quality my 'upper level' shop, which is aimed to go even higher, has in posts.
Reading the OP is also a definite must.
(Oct. 02, 2012  2:30 PM)Kujikato Wrote: On the other hand, quality control in the post in signature shops seriously need to be amplified. I am relatively disgusted at the lack of quality my 'upper level' shop, which is aimed to go even higher, has in posts.
Reading the OP is also a definite must.

People not following the format specified in the OP? Yep, repeat offenders will be caught. Seriously, it takes just five seconds more to alter your request to follow the format. Makes life easier for everybody. Ignoring the OP clearly means you do not take posting here seriously. Which is an issue.
Totally agreed. Should the limit be three times of not following the format?

Well, for the Upper Level shop, the GFX requests require a 60+ word description, so takes just a tad longer.
(Oct. 02, 2012  8:32 AM)Viral Wrote: And as always your guides and rules are always quick and informative!

Yup, I added the index for easy reference too.
OP reading is of enough importance to warrant a section of its own.
(Oct. 04, 2012  3:47 PM)Kujikato Wrote: OP reading is of enough importance to warrant a section of its own.

T'was mentioned a bit in the other categories. But okay, I've added a new section anyways.
Nice to see some more structure for this section. Hopefully it will actually start to become a place members not in the little "YC club" can enter without wanting to scream at everything for existing, as well as eventually reintegrating YC into the rest of the forum rather than having its own terrible subculture.

Hopefully everyone within that little subculture can understand why it's necessary, too.
♫"Haters everywhere I go, haters everywhere I go"♫

JK, I agree. It did need to be cleaned up.
Huh, Psylent's a Mod now. Great! Congratulations. On the other hand, we really need this type of thread because the Your Creations Forum is getting cluttered up with nonsense. (Sorry, no offense.) This is probably what everyone wants. Agreed?
Thank you, thank you!

I've added a section for "bumps". Because it was not evident enough .-.