Guardian Driger Draft

Contents
1 Attack Ring (AR): Great Tiger
1.1 Use in Survival Customization
1.2 Use in Defense Customization
1.3 Use in Compact Customization
2 WD: Eight Heavy
3 Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)
5 Blade Base (BB): SG Flat Base
6 Other Version
7 Gallery
8 Overall

Attack Ring (AR): Great Tiger
Weight: 6 grams
Great Tiger depics two symmetrical lions. This AR is the same of Galeon Attacker: War Lion. However, differently from War Lion, Great Tiger own wings as S-AR. Great Tiger is the prized part of this Beyblade. This AR has both great defense and survival qualities. Because of its small shape, it has a high spin velocity, which is perfect for defense types.
Also,its survival property is very important. The AR is almost perfectly round, which gives it great survival because there are very few points of contact. However, because of its S-AR, the wings, that do a lot of friction on the stadium's pattern, this quality is underpowered. For this reason, it is recommend to change wings with War Lion's S-AR. In this way, when the AR is hit and the free-spinning S-AR receives the hit, the Beyblade will receive no or little damages. This AR suffers some breackage problems.

Use in Survival customization:
AR: Great Tiger (Guardian Driger)
S-AR: War Lion (Galeon Attacker)
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Right SG (Bearing Version) (Wolborg)
BB: SG Bearing Base (Wolborg)

Use in Defense customization:
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo-Right SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger Takara Ver.)
BB: SG Metal Ball Base (Draciel S - 4 Metal Balls)

Use in Compact customization:
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo-Right SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger Takara Ver.)
BB: SG Semi-Flat

Weight Disk (WD): Eight Heavy
Weight: 15 grams

Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)

Weight: 5 grams

Blade Base (BB): SG Flat Base
Weight: 5 grams

Other Versions
Clear Blue Guardian Driger (Coro Coro Ver.)

Gallery

Overall

Guardian Driger is an aesthetically pleasing and rare Beyblade. Because of its AR, Great Tiger, this Beyblade is a must-have for any Survival, Defense and Compact enthusiasts. However, due to an inferior Sub-AR, Galeon Attacker is a better purchase. Overall, if is possible to purchase Galeon Attacker, there's little or no reason to own this Beyblade outside of Collection purposes.

Discuss to improve my draft,thanks Joyful_3
Hm, not a bad article. It's really awkward to write an article for this bey, considering how the AR is called great tiger but it's actually war lion with a terrible Sub-AR.

May just be worth emphasising that when you add War Lion's sub AR to make it useable, you just end up with a full war lion, and to take the combo's from galeon's article or whatever.

What I'd do is split the AR section into two parts, the AR itself and the Sub-AR. The AR part can basically be taken from Galeon's article, removing any parts that mention the SAR of War Lion.

The sub-AR just needs a short section to say it sucks and that it is also found in a few other beys (gaia dragoon s, gabriel (hasbro as an SAR, and part of the base on Takara's). I think they're the same parts anyway, still waiting for all three to get here.

Heck, The main AR section could just explain that it is the same AR as galeon attacker with a different sub AR and direct readers to Galeon's article. Then you just have a sub-AR section for this bey.

Overall section should mention it's value as a collectors item for sure, given it's rarity (the fact it's one of the best looking beys helps too).

Uhm i've never seen AR and S-AR sections as two different paragraphs!
Could you give me an example? Thanks!

Also, i've written about its rarity. What do you mean? I have to put better in evidence that?
Yeah, I don't think it's been done, but as I said, this bey presents some unique issues in formatting as the AR is the same as Galeons, despite having it's own name, while the SAR is different to that of war lion.

Oh, no, just include it in the overall section, as you stated "there's no reason to buy this bey if galeon attacker is available", it's rarity and value as a collectors item means there's definitely a reason to purchase it.
Just want to note, the overall section seems to contradict itself.

Draft Wrote:Guardian Driger is an aesthetically pleasing and rare Beyblade. Because of its AR, Great Tiger, this Beyblade is a must-have for any Survival,Defense and Compact enthusiasts. Overall, if is possible to purchase Galeon Attacker, there's no or little reason to purchase this Beyblade.
You state the AR as a must-have, but then say there's no reason to purchase when Galeon is available. You should probably add some transitional statement in between those last 2 lines to make it seem less awkward as a whole.
Quote:Guardian Driger is an aesthetically pleasing and rare Beyblade. Because of its AR, Great Tiger, this Beyblade is a must-have for any Survival, Defense and Compact enthusiasts. However, due to an inferior Sub-AR, Galeon Attacker is a better purchase. Overall, if is possible to purchase Galeon Attacker, there's little or no reason to own this Beyblade outside of Collection purposes.

Made it less awkward.
Galaxy, you never disapoint. Great article. Some minor akward sentence structure but nothing that cant be fixed easily or already isn't fixed. =D

I am personaly conflicted about what should go in the AR section. I thought that because it is the same as the Galeon AR, then a brief description with a link to the Galeon article, then a description of the S-AR, would suffice. However, because the current Galeon AR sectionentions both it's AR and S-AR, that would only confuse readers. Perhaps if we consider using this method, then we should also consider re-writtting the currently existing Galeon AR paragraph so that it's AR is one section and the S-AR is a sub section of the AR section. That being said, I personaly think that is how all bey articles should be. (if they have an S-AR) Using the same idea, we could just copy past the "new" AR section I proposed from the Galeon article, and then for the Gaurdian Driger article just write a new sub section for the S-AR. Frankly I prefer the latter, but only if we were to redo the Galeon AR section like I stated.
Basically, I agree with all of that, it's basically what I've been saying from the start.

Considering AR's and sub AR's are two separate parts (as they can be interchanged with other AR's/SAR's), they should have separate sections detailing the benefits and uses of each individually.
Hazel: Thanks! Fixed the Overall section!
leon: Yes,also th!nk suggested me something like that!
@th!nk: i don't think it's a bad idea and thanks to suggested it to me,but i've never seen a section dedicated to S-AR,so i don't know if it's good or not! Maybe Kei could help us? Tongue_out
Leon posted in "Make Your Suggestions", and both of us made some compelling arguments. No response from the committee, but Kei is very busy at the moment.
Reviving this so that it gets done but also to say that it needs work. The AR section is badly written. It really isn't complicated but the way you've written it is very confusing. Also the clear blue coro coro is the original version btw. The copper hasbro version should be in the other version section. Also I feel the overall section is kinda wrong. And the formatting is wrong too. Here's my attempt at a rewrite:

Quote:__TOC__

This beyblade was a Coro Coro limited release(someone needs to tell me what Coro Coro is cause I can't remember althought I think it's a magazine isn't it?) It was released by Hasbro as a starter very late in the series.

==Attack Ring (AR): Great Tiger==
* '''Weight:''' 6 Grams
This AR is made up of the AR from Galeon Attacker and the S-AR from Gaia Dragoon. On it's own the part is useless with the large wings of the S-AR creating a large amount of recoil making it useless for battle. However if you have a spare S-AR from Galeon then this can customized into a normal Galeon AR which has use in Defence, compacts stamina and Zombie types.

===Use in stamina Customization===

*'''AR:''' Great Tiger
*'''S-AR;''' War Lion (Galeon Attacker)
*'''WD:''' Wide Survivor
*'''SG:''' [[Neo Right SG]] (Double Bearing Core) ([[Burning Kerberous]])
*'''SP:''' Cross Survival ([[Dranzer V2]])
*'''BB:''' Customize Bearing Base ([[Burning Kerberous]])

===Use in Defense Customization ===

*'''AR:''' Great Tiger (Guardian Driger)
*'''S-AR:''' War Lion (Galeon Attacker)
*'''WD:''' Wide Defense
*'''SG:''' Neo-Right SG
*'''SG Core:''' Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger Takara Ver.)
*'''BB:''' SG Metal Ball Base (Draciel S - 4 Metal Balls)

=== Use in Compact customization ===
*'''AR:''' Great Tiger (Guardian Driger)
*S-AR:''' War Lion (Galeon Attacker)
*WD:''' 10 Heavy
*SG:''' Neo-Right SG
*SG Core:''' Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger Takara Ver.)
*BB:''' SG Semi-Flat

==Weight Disk (WD): Eight Heavy ==
See [[Eight Heavy | Heavy Weight Disks]]

==Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)
See [[ Spin Gear#V and V2 Series Spin Gears | Neo Right SG]]

==Blade Base (BB): SG Flat ==
See [[SG Flat]]

== Other Versions ==

*'''Hasbro Release''' (Copper)

== Overall ==
Guardian Driger is an aesthetically pleasing and rare Beyblade. It's an amalgam of parts which at the time of it's release were quite old, which don't suit or compliment each other, but actually disadvantage each other. While the AR part of Great Tiger is very good when used with the other part of the Attack ring that it originates from there is no reason to buy this other than if you lack a Galeon AR but have the S-AR and cannot find one elsewhere.

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]
The SAR still needs a sub section. Honestly, they should just have called it "great" seeing as it was used on great tiger and great dragon.

It's quite a good rewrite though, I'll do an SAR section (there are a few odd things that need mentioning), but yeah.

Might be worth mentioning if you were buying a pretty beyblade to go with a spare war lion sar, white Gabriel g is the better choice performance wise (in left spin, anyway), but yeah, you've done an excellent job!

Coro Coro is a magazine, yeah. It was basically a mail order thing to get these, like the gold ldd, iirc.
Didn't make it clear enough because I am on my mobile, but this is an absolutely fantastic rewrite and you basically nailed it completely. Far better job than I could've done. I'll write up the sar section once I wake up/shower/eat, but yeah, excellent job.
Okay after looking at JR Tiger's selling thread there is also a Takara metallic blue version of Guardian Driger. Does anyone know which came first. I have no idea where the metallic blue one is from.
It came with a Game Boy Advance game in a limited campaign, apparently.
Here we go, I fiddled and tweaked a little. I removed the combinations as a whole because those are best read on Galeon's article, there is no point in filling up two articles with so much about exactly the same part.

Discussed the SAR use. It sucks, but it's still something worth discussing. I did some testing with it, and read about it in the archive of BBF, etc etc. It sucks, but yeah.

Also, fixed the SG, which was wrong.

Quote:{{Beybox
| image =
| full item name = Guardian Driger
| item number = N/A ([[Takara]]), B-101 ([[Hasbro]])
| beyblade system = [[5-Layer]]/[[Magnecore]]
| beyblade type = [[Attack]]
| starter or booster =
}}

__TOC__

This Beyblade was a limited release, sold through Coro-Coro Magazine in Japan. [[Hasbro]] later released [[Guardian Driger]] during their G-Revolution line, in a Copper color scheme, as B-101.

==Attack Ring (AR): Great Tiger==
* '''Weight:''' 6 Grams

The actual Attack Ring part of Great Tiger is identical to [[Galeon|Galeon's]] War Lion. However, it comes with a different Sub-Ring, identical to that used by [[Gaia Dragoon|Gaia Dragoon's]] Great Dragon and [[Gabriel|Gabriel's]] SG Wing Base.

The Attack Ring is only useful with War Lion's Sub-Ring, creating an AR setup identical to [[Galeon|Galeon's]]. For information on the abilities and uses of this Attack Ring, see [[Galeon#Attack_Ring_(AR):_War_Lion|War Lion]].

===Sub-Ring===
As mentioned above, Great Tiger's Sub-Ring is identical to that of [[Gaia Dragoon]] and [[Gabriel]]. This Sub-Ring consists of two extremely long aerofoil-shaped wings. The extreme size and poor shape mean it suffers from a huge weakness to [[Upper Attack]], and while it does offer some resistance to [[Smash Attack]], any hits from below result in severe scraping, and as such, it is generally not considered useful.

Like [[Galzzly|Galzzly's]] War Bear SAR, it can be fixed in place with certain setups, however, the blunt contact points in either spin direction mean it suffers extremely high [[Recoil]], so this is not particularly useful. Compounding these issues, it is also somewhat fragile, so using it in aggressive combinations where it cannot spin freely when hit is generally a bad idea.

As such, this Sub-Ring has no competitive use.

==Weight Disk (WD): Eight Heavy ==
See [[Heavy Weight Disks|Eight Heavy]]

==Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (South MG Core)==
See [[Spin Gear#V and V2 Series Spin Gears | Neo Right SG]]

==Blade Base (BB): SG Flat ==
See [[SG Flat]]

== Other Versions ==

* [[Guardian Driger]] - [[Hasbro]] Release (Copper)
* [[Guardian Driger]] – Metallic Blue Ver. (Gameboy Advance Promo)

==Gallery==
<gallery>

</gallery>

== Overall ==
Guardian Driger is an aesthetically pleasing and rare Beyblade. However, it is an amalgam of parts which at the time of its release were already quite old, and don't suit or complement each other at all. While the AR part of Great Tiger is competitive when used with the SAR of the Attack Ring it originates from, there is very little reason to buy this unless it is the only way for you to complete a full War Lion setup, and even then, there may be better choices. '''Overall, this Beyblade is only worth purchasing for collection purposes.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

All good?

Oh, one thing: Beholder mentioned on Damashii that the transparent plastic Takara used for beys like this was more fragile than regular plastic. Given War Lion is already quite a delicate AR, perhaps this should be included in the article?
Was this fact true for all parts? If so, then I would breifly mentiion it in the overall section, if you must. However I think that fact is to general to be named specificly on one article, and should be stated in an article more suited to that type of fact

Honestly, this draft appears to be good and ready from my standpoint. The only word I didnt perfer was the use of "old" in the Overall section. "Outdated" or "outclassed" would have worked better
One last note, to make the overall section flow better, after "old", add in "and mismatched" and keep everything else the same (unless you are changing old, which you dont have to)
There are a lot of different reasons for breakage, though, and it depends on the part and so on. I will get around to an article for gold plastic syndrom in due course (currently my drafts involving it have links to tfwiki's article on it), but yeah.

It's mostly the AR, and probably the clips too. War Lion is fragile as it is so anything weaker should have serious issues, and I love my Guardian Driger too much to find out. It would probably affect the base clips a little, but bases, outside of gold plastic syndrome, are generally sturdy.

Anyway, edited it in to the AR section. The other two versions should be fine to use, but not the main one.

No, old is the correct term, as it's AR has never really been considered dated or been outclassed (though, it has some serious competition from Hasbro's Twin Horn), it is, however, one of the earlier parts produced.

Lastly, I don't know if we have a picture for this yet. I can try and take one tomorrow but mine has some sticker peeling as well as special stickers, and as such I would not do this beautiful beyblade justice. Whoever does should try to get a picture of it with light shining through it or something, it looks rather magical and would make a very, very nice beybox picture.
Hm, if you have the boxes still, I could probably try to read whether the materials are really different. If it were the same thing but transparent, then it should not be much of an issue.
I've got pics of the clear takara version. Also we could ask JR_Tiger to take pics.
Due to the release being a Coro-Coro one, I believe it came in the usual brown box with little printing other than the name.
Yes that's true(really wishing I kept mine).
(Feb. 10, 2012  4:09 PM)th!nk Wrote: Due to the release being a Coro-Coro one, I believe it came in the usual brown box with little printing other than the name.

Ah, CoroCoro. Perhaps it was on some instruction sheet though.
I'm afraid I didn't buy mine NIB, so I don't have the instructions.

FWIW, my reference for the breakage thing is from the damashii page here: http://web.archive.org/web/2005031507304...riger.html
Beholder apparently said a lot of weird things in the past though.
Mmm, perhaps, but a lot of what he said was also accurate. I am starting to think the breakage issue was just war lion's own fragility. I will remove that part, I think.

EDIT: Removed.