Gryph Begaridos 105RF

Hey guys! This is my first testing thread. I looked around at some other testing threads, and attempted to make this OP as accurate and convenient as possible. Hope you like it!

This combo is made for pure straight-out raw smash. I used 105 because almost all the attack types that have been recently designed are no shorter than 120, giving them considerably less stability than this combo. This combo is NOT designed to work against SP230 or E230 combos. Its low track gives it a more concentrated center of gravity, producing a more stable approach, more smash and less recoil.
This combo can reach over BD145, due to begaridos being on the top and wider than gryph, so Making contact should not be a problem. It can destabilize, KO, and even OS 230/F230 combos.

The launch you should use is a deep-banking full powered sliding shoot. Watch the video to see it. Smile

Overall, this combo is designed to produce as much smash as possible on contact, focusing on consistently KOing top-tier defensive combos. I feel that this combo can actually out-do balro in terms of smash, but I can't be sure since they are so close. It can OS some left-spin combos, due to its low center of gravity, and actually works well at countering other attackers (would counter them much better with R2F, though). I sincerely apologize for not using R2F. I have 5 of them coming in the mail, but they will not come for a while. Hope you like it! Smile

Tests:
Interesting. I don't know how much value this would hold in a competitive situation, however, because of E230. BD145 results are great though.

Could you do ten more rounds for the defense stuff too? It is considered mandatory.
This seems like an average nice attack combo for Begirados, and Gryph. But could I ask you use a better defensive tip, CS is great and all but it's really not the best of defense anymore and the other tips are better for defense out of all the Top Tier Defense tips I think CS was the worst defender, and yours is kinda agro, I would like to see if this could handle the same vs RB, RSF stuff, RDF and RS might be able to survive but I think it might get OS but I would apreciate some tests to see if it can take out some slightly more center based defense type. Sorry if I worded some things wrong. Very nice thread though the video is a great showing of it.
Have you tried SP230? You might actually be surprised on how much of a difference there is defense-wise between it and E230. Your combo is on a low track so I'm sure it will be able to make spike contact.
(Apr. 13, 2013  2:38 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Gryph begaridos 100RF vs Phantom Cygnus 230
Slightly worn RF. Beylauncher with segment grip used for both.
Begaridos: wins, 10/10 (8 KO, 2 OS)
Cygnus: wins, 0/10
Gryph Begaridos 100RF win rate: 100%

230 with what tip? Also test against some more attack combos.
Allright guys, I did some more tests, and I think you'll be amazed!

Gryph Begaridos 100RF vs Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Slightly worn RF. Barely used RDF. Beylauncher with segment grip used for both. Reviser launched first on all launches.
Begaridos: wins, 8 (All KO)
Reviser: wins, 2 (All OS)
Begaridos win rate: 80%

Alright, this was totally crazy! I think I may have just gotten REALLY lucky, or maybe my launch was in better shape today, but it was KOing reviser all over the place! It actually pulled a better win rate than it did against CS! Again, this may have been due to EXTREME luck, since reviser only got 5 or 6 wall saves for the entire 10 rounds of testing.
Answer the above question.

Also, stop doing 10 round-results. The bare minimum is 20.
(Apr. 13, 2013  12:35 PM)Cannon Wrote: Answer the above question.

Also, stop doing 10 round-results. The bare minimum is 20.

Really? Because most of the tests you did in your Girago, Pegasis, F230, and Bahamdia threads are only ten. I used D on Cygnus, sorry about that! Tongue_out

Alright, I tried what Meow! suggested against SP230, and Begaridos made spike contact a couple times, but not much (even when I tried it with 85). I'll do 20 rounds this time for Cannon. Smile

Gryph Begaridos 100RF vs Reviser Reviser SP230CS
Slightly worn RF, Worn CS (Not worn to flat, but worn so that the rubber doesn't make it go agro). Beylauncher with segment grip used for both. Reviser launched first on all launches.
Begaridos: wins, 2/20 (all KO)
Reviser: wins, 18/20 (all OS)
Gryph Begaridos 100RF win rate: 10%

Meow was on to something, and i'm sure He could pull this off, but I just couldn't very well. Tongue_out
Only a few were 10 rounds. I only did that many rounds because the results were distinct to which one would win.

Your win-lose ratio and winner can't be determined properly. 10 rounds should only be done if it were, for example 9:1, and the one win was by a lucky KO.
(Apr. 13, 2013  1:35 PM)Cannon Wrote: Only a few were 10 rounds. I only did that many rounds because the results were distinct to which one would win.

Your win-lose ratio and winner can't be determined properly. 10 rounds should only be done if it were, for example 9:1, and the one win was by a lucky KO.

Ohhh... Would 8 to 2 be distinct enough to only do 10? I'll do 20 rounds from now on. Thanks for the correction Cannon! Smile
This might not be intentional, but can we please stop with the elitist attitude?

theblackdragon has been actively trying to contribute, and he even posted a video. While I'm not saying that his format was necessarily correct, he is still a newer member and I strongly believe that it doesn't warrant the curt replies that I've been seeing from certain members in this thread. Just because someone has been a member on the forum for a long time does not give them the right to talk like that. I'd hope you learnt your manners as a child, all I ask is that you use them.

Anyway, theblackdragon, this seems like a very solid attack combo against the BD145 combo. Your video shows some definite results as well. I recommend that you create spoilers and add new results to your OP as more matchups by you and other members are posted.
Can R2F be a substitute for RF in this combo? Could you test it out?

EDIT: read the first post, as soon as you get R2F in the mail, test it out please?
(Apr. 13, 2013  6:33 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: This might not be intentional, but can we please stop with the elitist attitude?

theblackdragon has been actively trying to contribute, and he even posted a video. While I'm not saying that his format was necessarily correct, he is still a newer member and I strongly believe that it doesn't warrant the curt replies that I've been seeing from certain members in this thread. Just because someone has been a member on the forum for a long time does not give them the right to talk like that. I'd hope you learnt your manners as a child, all I ask is that you use them.

Anyway, theblackdragon, this seems like a very solid attack combo against the BD145 combo. Your video shows some definite results as well. I recommend that you create spoilers and add new results to your OP as more matchups by you and other members are posted.

Oh, I am. I have added 3 new tests since I made the OP, but I am leaving them in the regular posts so that people can follow them easier. Smile

Also, I don't think that anyone was trying to be rude, they were just correcting me. And it's a good thing they did, because I was gonna do a bunch more tests with only ten rounds! Tongue_out

Thanks for the feedback! Smile

(Apr. 13, 2013  6:36 PM)LMAO Wrote: Can R2F be a substitute for RF in this combo? Could you test it out?

Yes, I believe it can. I just wore out my last R2F, so I can't test it with a good one, but I think it will still be very effective, probably actually much better in terms of smash. However, it will not be able to OS anything probably, so destabilizing and OSing 230/F230 will be much harder. So, all in all, yes. Smile
Now I know nothing about Gryph or Begaridos, but I'm interested to see how it fares against left-spinning combos. Do you mind testing that, theblackdragon? Thanks.
(Apr. 13, 2013  7:10 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Now I know nothing about Gryph or Begaridos, but I'm interested to see how it fares against left-spinning combos. Do you mind testing that, theblackdragon? Thanks.

I did not really design it to do well against opposite-spin, but I'll test it.

tests:

Cannon said that I didn't have to do more than 10 if it was a total blow-out, and I think this qualifies, but I can do more if it doesn't. Smile This combo completely rocks against left-spin!
I did not expect it, but it completely slammed them all!

I must confirm that I am NOT LYING. It really did crush all these combos! (I'm so exited now!!) Smile
Has anyone tried this with CH120 R2F yet?
How does it do against anti-attackers? Could you test against Diablo ____RF/R2F? Great combo, btw.
(Apr. 13, 2013  9:07 PM)Vixxterity Wrote: Has anyone tried this with CH120 R2F yet?

I have, except it was with RF, it works fairly well
Meow! and I have both tried Begaridos on CH120, and it isn't nearly as effective. I don't know why it doesn't work as well, but it just can't KO as consistently. Unhappy

(Apr. 13, 2013  9:22 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: How does it do against anti-attackers? Could you test against Diablo ____RF/R2F? Great combo, btw.

I don't know. I may do some tests tomorrow, but I'll bet it won't work very well, since anti-attack is built to take on this kind of combo. Smile
Could you test it against Duo _______ 230MB? I want to see how it will do against it.
How about against MF-H Lightning L-Drago CH120R2F?
(Apr. 14, 2013  12:07 AM)diblee123 Wrote: How about against MF-H Lightning L-Drago CH120R2F?

That combo is incredibly outdated.
(Apr. 14, 2013  12:07 AM)diblee123 Wrote: How about against MF-H Lightning L-Drago CH120R2F?

That combo weighs like half as much as Bregirados. It would get completely violated. If it were to fight a Left Attacker, it should by Dragooon or Variares.
Sorry guys, I have a duo coming, but it won't be here for a few weeks, and my Lightning L-drago is broken. Unhappy
I know this is a top-tier part, but I just haven't been able to get it yet. Sorry.
I'm sure someone else could test with duo_230MB. I think this combo may be able to KO it, or even destabilize or OS it. Not sure though. Sorry. Unhappy