[Greensboro, North Carolina] 5/22/11 Yankee Invasion: Second Wave

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

1st Place: Dark_Mousy
2nd Place: The Problem
3rd Place: Deikailo

Practice event! Meet up at the Doubletree Hilton at 10am for practice in the hotel swimming pool! Bring your bathing suit. Smile

If all goes well for this event, we can talk about getting a Beyday event for you guys the following week!

Same thing as every other tournament I run. For curious parents, the tournament takes 4-5 hours. Call or text if you are going to be late: 631-745-7001. If you do not call and you're late, you do not get in.

Time: 1pm
Date: Sunday, May 22st, 2011
Fee: $5 store fee + WBO fees
Format: Block Round Robin or Full Round Robin

Attendees:

Deikailo
Shippudenface
Titan Blader
Dark_Mousy
cyberbeyblade78
Anetcreaky
Stormaquario4
momo99
Doesn't Matter
shotz
evillibra7547
beymasta

Total: 12

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

She thinks Beyblade is stupid, annoying, loud, a waste of my time, for little kids, and she doesn't want to drive for over an hour and get nothing out of it.
Hold on, before you write anything, I have the extended excuse right here:

(May. 12, 2011  3:51 AM)Deikailo Wrote: ...if you negotiated good grades with your parents along with the prospect of being in a safe, drug free environment that promotes an interactive learning experience along with social interaction and sharing, they'd see it as a wonderful way to freely express yourself in a positive manner and an opportunity to make caring new friends who share similar interests.

It's all about how you phrase it.
Tell her what Dei said, its actually a good line.
Don't forget to remind her how Brad got hired by Megatoys for being such a big part of the Beyblade community and he didn't have a college education.
She already promised me Portal 2 for good grades. And possibly a trip to Greece to see family. Yeah, so unless I pay her all my money, or unless she's in a great mood, there's no bribing that woman. She usually expects that anyway.
(May. 18, 2011  11:16 PM)Titan Blader Wrote: She already promised me Portal 2 for good grades. And possibly a trip to Greece to see family. Yeah, so unless I pay her all my money, or unless she's in a great mood, there's no bribing that woman. She usually expects that anyway.
Reject Portal 2 for this!

You're Greek? So am I Grin
Tell her beyblade keeps you off the streets xD Seriously though Im sorry to hear that, I know how it is me AND my best friend both had stuborn parents growing up. Dont give up though, if this tourney isnt a success it'll be the last in NC. Unless of course you can manage to start one yourself.
I'll do my best. A few more months can't hurt anyone, can it? *whimper*
If he flakes on this one, the WBO won't trust his commitment level to host his own tournament; it would be up to Dark_Mousy at that point and if my tournament is a failure, they will certainly not approve anything else unless there is a very large attendee list IMO.

A few more months of what, no Portal 2? Shoot, if you win the tournament and bring you and enough people to make this official, I'll buy you Portal 2. How does that sound?
i will give u my portal 2 to come
Come on dude! There has to be a way you can show up!
(May. 18, 2011  11:22 PM)shotz Wrote: i will give u my portal 2 to come
See? This is what I'm talking about! The Beyblade community is the best community out there. Everyone here cares about each other and we haven't even met yet.
brb gotta ask team(again)
I couldn't do my own anyway, considering I don't have approved stadiums or a lot of money. I must depend on you/Dark_mousy for tourney. I will ask tomorrow. My mom better say yes, or else.
@shotz-Seriously?
u got a problem with my name? ...off topic anyway
He was asking if you'd seriously give him portal 2 lol
no no he was asking if you wer serious about giving him portal

Edit: Dei got to it first.
I meant about Portal 2. If I get it for going to this, I will be so overjoyed!
EDIT:Beaten x2
If this tournament is a success, we'll find a way to get you Portal 2 so get on the phone with Doesn't Matter and Stormaquario4 and let's get this party started.
OH... sry but i have 2 portals but if dei wants to then ok ...i was bribing u anyway
Yea dude, be the bigger man and applogize. Do it for the love of beyblade!
beside 30 bucks at walmart
i need this tourniment
Hey, if you have 2 portals, be my guest and go for it!
no way...was kidding i have 2 but...i can get alot of money at school (LOL MY PRINCIPAL IS BUYING IT)
(May. 18, 2011  11:35 PM)Shippudenface Wrote: Yea dude, be the bigger man and applogize. Do it for the love of beyblade!

I will. I'll have to give him all my food for the day though.