Gravity Perseus AD145WD 99.9% COMPLETE!

Face: Perseus
The face depicts Perseus, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Perseus
Weight: 2.7 grams
Perseus is unique in the sense that there is no plastic that blocks the prongs on left and right launchers from attaching. This is necessary to allow multi-directional spin that which is only available on this Beyblade. Also, like the current Hybrid Wheel System L Drago Series, rotating the Clear Wheel 180 degrees results in different modes. It has three projections which are layed out in a triangular shape. These three projections allow it to shift between "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode", and it is asymmetrical. Other versions such as the Defense and Stamina versions can be obtained in the BB-97 set.

Perseus is only usable with the Gravity Metal Wheel.

Metal Wheel: Gravity
Weight: 33.8 grams
The original Gravity Metal Wheel comes painted black. Unlike other Metal Wheels, Gravity can only be used with the Perseus Clear Wheel. This combination allows the user to switch between 4 modes: Right Spin Defense, Left Spin Defense, Right Spin Counter, and Left Spin Counter. This wheel has very good Smash Attack by using the 6 "indents" which the Clear Wheel fits into. When the protrusions of the Clear Wheel are inside the first three indents and only 1 of the red stickers are visible, it is in "Counter Mode", because this maximizes the surface area of the metal wheel, thus creating more smash attack. When Perseus fits into the other three indents and all three of the red stickers are visible, it is in "Defense Mode", which increases metal on plastic collisions, thus creating less recoil. The protrusions are more prominent in right spin, and it is a great Smash Attacker when used in a combo such as MF Gravity Perseus (Counter Mode, Right Spin) D125RF.

Track: Armor Defense 145
Weight: 2.8 grams
AD145 is shaped like the head of a funnel, completely round with ridges lining the sides all the way around. Despite what it's name might suggest, Tracks such as 230 and GB145 outclass AD145 as a defensive Track due to its relatively light weight in comparison to GB145 and its diminutive stature when compared to 230, which makes it unable it to absorb hits as 230 does. However, AD145 has actually proved to be better suited for stamina, due to the outward weight distribution it has compared to other top tier stamina tracks, thus making it a top-tier stamina track.

Use in a Stamina Customization:
AD145 can be used in the combo Basalt/Earth Bull AD145WD/SD to create an effective Stamina type Beyblade.

Bottom: Wide Defense
Weight: 0.7 grams

Wide Defense, as its name implies is the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, and now WD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D or SD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using something such as Virgo DF145SD, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly out-spin your D or SD based opponent.

WD although part of the "Defense" series of tips does not have any defensive capability because it still uses a form of sharp tip. Thus, friction with the stadium floor is decreased, which as a result makes it easier to knock around than something like RS/RSF which has much more friction with the stadium floor. WD does of course offer superior Stamina to RS/RSF which in rare cases would be an advantage, but RS/RSF more often than not has enough Stamina to outlast standard Attack types that use rubber based tips such as RF.

Use in a Stamina Customization:
WD can be used in the combo Hell Bull/Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD to create an effective Stamina type Beyblade.

Overall
Gravity Perseus contains parts that have both offensive and stamina capabilities when used in conjunction with other parts. For example, with the purchase of this Beyblade, the user would obtain AD145 and WD, both top-tier stamina parts. Additionally, the unique Gravity Metal Wheel and Perseus Clear Wheel has proven in tests to be a fearsome Smash Attacker and it is a top-tier attack part. It is the first dual spin direction Beyblade to be released and there are other versions of the clear wheel which can be obtained in The BB-97 Perseus Reshuffle Set. Each Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

that's it. Im open to any constructive criticism.
Credit goes to daegor42 for weighing all the parts Smile
What you forgot to put seperately is the customization in which it is an attacker Gravity Perusus R145RF
When the protrusions of the clear wheel is inside the first 3 indents, (the ones where the Perseus wheel is located on the box of this beyblade) it is in "defense mode", because this minimizes the bey to having only 3 contact points. However, when the Perseus wheel is rotated 180 degrees to fit in the remaining 3 indents, it is known as "counter mode" as this increases the contact points to 6.

-This portion sounds exceptionally terrible.
Write about how the modes are different, for sure, but don't try to describe how to put the clear wheel on to put it in that mode.
It sounds really bad.
(Sep. 04, 2010  1:19 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: When the protrusions of the clear wheel is inside the first 3 indents, (the ones where the Perseus wheel is located on the box of this beyblade) it is in "defense mode", because this minimizes the bey to having only 3 contact points. However, when the Perseus wheel is rotated 180 degrees to fit in the remaining 3 indents, it is known as "counter mode" as this increases the contact points to 6.

-This portion sounds exceptionally terrible.
Write about how the modes are different, for sure, but don't try to describe how to put the clear wheel on to put it in that mode.
It sounds really bad.

Lol I figured it was wierd but can't give enough detail initially. k fixed.

Oh and thnx mcfrown for your input Smile
anything else that I should add/delete/change?
"These 3 projections" looks worse than "These three projections" etc.

Use the word and not the number if you are using it as part of a sentence, basically.
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:15 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: "These 3 projections" looks worse than "These three projections" etc.

Use the word and not the number if you are using it as part of a sentence, basically.

Lol I was too lazy yesterday. ok fixed.
Anything else?
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:37 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Anything else?
You need to use capital letters for some of the 'terms' (Defense Mode, Counter Mode, Clear Wheel, Metal Wheel, etc.).
(Sep. 06, 2010  9:49 AM)Diamond Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2010  11:37 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Anything else?
You need to use capital letters for some of the 'terms' (Defense Mode, Counter Mode, Clear Wheel, Metal Wheel, etc.).

thank you for proof reading. it is now fixed. anything else?
This is only some perfectionism, but I would call the modes "Left Spin Counter", not really "Counter Left Spin".

Also, description of the modes was not that clear to me ... Perhaps mention the number of red dots that can still be seen on Gravity depending on the position of the Clear Wheel ?
(Sep. 06, 2010  5:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is only some perfectionism, but I would call the modes "Left Spin Counter", not really "Counter Left Spin".

Also, description of the modes was not that clear to me ... Perhaps mention the number of red dots that can still be seen on Gravity depending on the position of the Clear Wheel ?

Lol that's okay since Im a bit of a perfectionist myself. Alright I will fix that and include your description of the modes(good idea BTW I was wondering how to make it clearer)
EDIT: OP fixed.
Gravity weighs 33.8 grams, Perseus weighs 2.7 grams, and AD145 weighs 2.8 grams.

(AD145 weighs more than Perseus!? o.O)
(Sep. 06, 2010  8:31 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Gravity weighs 33.8 grams, Perseus weighs 2.7 grams, and AD145 weighs 2.8 grams.

(AD145 weighs more than Perseus!? o.O)

YES thank you daegor! and Yah I figured AD145 would weight more, it's insanely thick plastic compared to other tracks. THANK YOU Tongue_out.

added to OP. I figure it's pretty much done now.
Nojo, I think you need to add an "Overall" Section to your Draft, unless I missed it. Also, you should capitalize "Clear Wheel" in the Clear Wheel section - the second and third words. In addition to that little note, may I suggest a comparison to this and Lightning LDrago? I'm suggesting this because Lightning LDrago and Gravity Perseus are the only Beys that have a Mode-Change capability so far, and that the LDrago Series Beyblades and Gravity Perseus are the only ones that can spin left.

Those are my suggestions.

Edit: Great Draft by the way. With a few more tweaks here and there, I think it should be ready in no time.
(Sep. 07, 2010  12:00 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Nojo, I think you need to add an "Overall" Section to your Draft, unless I missed it. Also, you should capitalize "Clear Wheel" in the Clear Wheel section - the second and third words. In addition to that little note, may I suggest a comparison to this and Lightning LDrago? I'm suggesting this because Lightning LDrago and Gravity Perseus are the only Beys that have a Mode-Change capability so far, and that the LDrago Series Beyblades and Gravity Perseus are the only ones that can spin left.

Those are my suggestions.

Hey I really appreciate those suggestions. I can't believe I missed the overall section. And I will add in a comparison between LL Drago. thnx.
Alright guys, I added in all details and edited a couple of things. Anything else I should do or is it ready to be published?
I'm pretty sure Beyblade is a proper noun, and should be capitalized.
Oh, Nojo, I have one more suggestion for your "Overall" Section. I think you should add a sentence or two, telling Bladers whether this Bey is good to buy in multiples, whether they should have at least one of, or whether it has no use, aside from collection purposes. I feel this will help a lot of people choose wisely, especially if they are on a budget.
Can you explain why AD145 is outclassed by the top-tier combos?
I think that would help.
(Sep. 09, 2010  4:43 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Beyblade is a proper noun, and should be capitalized.
All capitalized Smile

(Sep. 09, 2010  6:28 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Oh, Nojo, I have one more suggestion for your "Overall" Section. I think you should add a sentence or two, telling Bladers whether this Bey is good to buy in multiples, whether they should have at least one of, or whether it has no use, aside from collection purposes. I feel this will help a lot of people choose wisely, especially if they are on a budget.
I added this portion to the last bit of the overall section.

(Sep. 09, 2010  10:16 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Can you explain why AD145 is outclassed by the top-tier combos?
I think that would help.
I added in why it was outclassed. I also added the point that it proved to be a useful track for stamina because recent tests showed it was on par with 145 and DF145.
hmmm... it seems no one has any more advice/recommendations? Can someone publish this article to the beywiki then if it is all good?
(Sep. 15, 2010  4:31 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: hmmm... it seems no one has any more advice/recommendations? Can someone publish this article to the beywiki then if it is all good?
Kei would need to read over this and give permission first.

Anyway, you still haven't capitalized all the proper nouns. :\
fixed up some more stuff! I missed a couple of proper nouns in there while proof reading Tongue_out
A few small mistakes:
(Sep. 03, 2010  8:26 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Clear Wheel: Perseus
Weight: 2.7 grams
This Clear Wheel is unique in the sense that there is no plastic that blocks the prongs on left and right launchers from attaching. This is necessary to allow multi-directional spin that is currently exclusive only to this Beyblade. Also, like Lightning L Drago 100HF, rotating the clear wheel (capitals capitals capitals) 180 degrees will result in a changing of modes in order to suit the battling conditions. The original color is black, with 3 projections that give the image of it being triangular. These 3 projections allow it to shift between "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode". Unlike other clear wheels, Perseus is only able to be used with the Gravity Metal Wheel.

Metal Wheel: Gravity
Weight: 33.8 grams
The original Gravity Metal Wheel comes painted black. Unlike other Metal Wheels, Gravity can only be used with the Perseus Clear Wheel. This combination allows the user to switch between 4 modes: Right Spin Defense, Left Spin Defense, Right Spin Counter, and Left Spin Counter. Although there was excitement among Beybladers for this release, it was soon wiped out when initial testing proved the Gravity Wheel to be mediocre in performance. However, further testing revealed that it had untapped potential as a smash attacker. The Gravity Wheel consists of 6 "indents" that allow the projections of the Perseus Wheel to fit into. When the protrusions of the Clear Wheel is inside the first three indents, (the ones where the Perseus wheel is located on the box of this Beyblade) and the red stickers are visible, it is in "Defense Mode", because this minimizes the bey to having only three contact points. However, when the Perseus Clear Wheel fits in the remaining three indents and covers the red stickers, it is known as "Counter Mode" as this increases the contact points to six. This Wheel requires further testing, however, it shows very good potential as a smash attacker (this would probably need to be capitalized, such as in the attack combo Gravity Perseus R145RF.

Overall
When viewed as an uncustomized Beyblade, Gravity Perseus AD145WD is considered by the majority of the Beyblade community to be outclassed by other uncustomized Blades such as Earth Aquila 145WD. However, it contains parts that have both untapped offensive and stamina capabilities. For example, testing with AD145 revealed that it was on par with the current top tier stamina Tracks; 145 and DF145. Additionally, the unique Gravity Metal Wheel and Perseus Clear Wheel has potential to be a fearsome smash attacker. It is interesting to note that only this Beyblade and Lightning L Drago has mode change capabilities as well as the ability to spin left. Both change modes by disassebling the Beyblade and rotating the Clear Wheel 180 degrees. (This doesn't belong in this section. Place this somewhere in the Clear Wheel or Metal Wheel section or don't include this at all.) Although further testing is required, this Beyblade should be aquired by serious Bladers that want to experiment with the variety of parts, modes, and spin directions that this Beyblade has to offer. Due to the untapped abilities of the parts provided by this blade, all Bladers should own at least one of this Beyblade. (Place this sentence at the end of this section. It can be a good alternative to Earth Aquila 145WD in order to acquire a potentially top tier stamina track, and the top tier bottom WD.