Grand Theft Auto V

OK, bad news : Rockstar Games today announced that GTA V will be arriving a bit later than initially announced ;
GTA V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

Rockstar Games Wrote:Dear all

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September - we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours, The GTA Team

The company also issued the following press release:

Quote:Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.

"Grand Theft Auto V continues to push the series forward in new ways; Rockstar North are creating our deepest, most beautiful and most immersive world yet," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We are very excited for people to learn more about the game in the coming months."

The September release date moves the launch back from its original projected release window of spring 2013 in order to allow additional development time. The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world Rockstar Games has yet created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game's three lead characters, playing all sides of the game's interwoven story.

All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto's darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.

I will admit, I am disappointed as we were told it would be released Spring ...
Rockstar is playing with us.

Well, I hope it gets delayed until October, the month you used to release most of your games, Rockstar Games.

Still, it will be 5.5 years since the release of GTA IV. I am scared to imagine when the next GTA will come out. Might actually be the end of the next generation.
Ten days before my birthday? Huh alright.

Thanks Vearn~

Also, no risk of releasing adjacent to AAA titles....
It's been over a month since we last heard anything from Rockstar Games about GTA V. Any predictions on what Rockstar will show us next and when it will be ?~
I think we can expect Grand Theft Auto Five to have maybe even four times more than we can imagine. This is one of the 360's last blast of rocket fuel before the next generation comes full circle.
GTA V's Official Cover Art is here !

And this is as good as I expected it to be ~
just That Guy you can add it to the op of the thread.

You can grab the cover art as a wallpaper or background at www.rockstargames.com/downloads now.
(Apr. 02, 2013  2:28 PM)KaizÑ”r V Wrote: GTA V's Official Cover Art is here !

Bajeebus. Added.
Any idea of when it's going to be released? I haven't really been updated with the series, and I'm going to try to get back into it.
(Apr. 03, 2013  12:52 AM)LMAO Wrote: Any idea of when it's going to be released? I haven't really been updated with the series, and I'm going to try to get back into it.

Rockstar said GTA V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.
Two new Artworks released: "Cash and Carry"

Two new official artworks have appeared on Rockstar's Newswire. They are not really new though, we saw them before ... But now they are released as wallpapers, and that's amazing.

I like the one of the bike chase the most ~

Rockstar Games Wrote:Of course many other modes of transport will also be available to accommodate your travel needs across Los Santos and Blaine County this fall...

Cool ... ! We are waiting.
Ok folks, the wire is getting hot!

What are you all most excited for, in Grand Theft Auto 5? I for one enjoy carnage; but I also like to take the wheel and listen to some ambient music.

After doing all the terrible things I have done in Los Santos of course.
OK so I bought the Grand Theft Auto V Pre Order from the Play Station Network Store, it was expensive ($69.99) ...
I had to buy two PSN Cards : $50 x1 and $20 x1

And what I got after downloading it was this Only-Pre Order obtainable fabulous craft :

The Atomic Blimp !

I am so excited for this game. 22 days away ~!
I was originally saying that Watch Dogs was going to be the better between it and GTA V. After hearing about the multiplayer they have planned though, I am having to side with GTA V. I think both games are going to be incredible, but that multiplayer seems so unreal!

Can not wait to get it!
(Aug. 25, 2013  6:24 AM)YsTrY7oN Wrote: OK so I bought the Grand Theft Auto V Pre Order from the Play Station Network Store, it was expensive ($69.99) ...
I had to buy two PSN Cards : $50 x1 and $20 x1

And what I got after downloading it was this Only-Pre Order obtainable fabulous craft :

The Atomic Blimp !

You get the Atomic Blimp as a pre-order bonus anywhere, I don't know why you would pay an extra 10 bucks and order it from the PSN store, hah.

--

I ordered my copy from the Rockstar warehouse. Included is all the pre-order bonuses as well as an additional GTA V t-shirt. It was only $59.99 which is the usual price for new video game releases in North America.
(Aug. 26, 2013  12:35 AM)Insomniac. Wrote: You get the Atomic Blimp as a pre-order bonus anywhere, I don't know why you would pay an extra 10 bucks and order it from the PSN store, hah.

--

I ordered my copy from the Rockstar warehouse. Included is all the pre-order bonuses as well as an additional GTA V t-shirt. It was only $59.99 which is the usual price for new video game releases in North America.

Yes I know, but I did not feel like pre-ordering from the internet, for some reason.
I was about to buy it when it gets released and becomes available in stores here, ha. But yeah, I just pre-ordered it from the PSN store and I am just waiting now.

Cool ! You are lucky. I wanted a GTA V T-Shirt. Tired
I already have one but it's not the official one. (Close enough lol)
I don't think i've ever been this excited for a game, it seems so different from previous GTA's!

Just wondering, has anyone made any crews for GTA5 Online on Rockstar Games Social Club? If anyone's interested, i'm looking for members for my crew? Send a PM if your interested! Tongue_out_wink
(Aug. 25, 2013  5:35 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: Ok folks, the wire is getting hot!

What are you all most excited for, in Grand Theft Auto 5? I for one enjoy carnage; but I also like to take the wheel and listen to some ambient music.

After doing all the terrible things I have done in Los Santos of course.

Basically all the same things as you are with the addition of some online play and activities (apparently you can hunt so). Definitely not the ladies. Hoohaa (*゚ー゚)ゞ
Screen turns red

I bet all the really old beach walkers' corpses would make excellent scenery around the California coast.

BWAHAHAHA I cannot freaking wait.
Yup I got the game today. The game took the whole night to get downloaded ... But I played it, yes, I did, hah. It's pretty cool and I really like the graphics~

I enjoyed playing the first five missions but I stopped to go and unlock the map ... Because there are a lot of places to discover.

Well here are some pics I took of the game while playing :

I didn't plan on getting this game, but now I want it. I played San Andreas so much in the PS2 days, and the main reason I liked it was the exploration. I hardly did missions, stupid, I know, but the exploration was too fun, haha. I want GTA 5 to see how it is, and because of the size of the world, I expect some fun exploring! I couldn't get in to GTA 4, but hopefully 5 is good.
I don't get the media gust of wind about installing, I mean if I had to put my two cents in I'd rather have the DVD drive do its job and the hard drive run its allotted session. Just get a 60GB which I had laying around if you have a 360, they last a good freaking long time and my first, less-spacious drive is a YEAR ONE and still roars with tenacity.
I don't know about this, but is GTA 5 going to be released on PC? I'd be happy to get it Smile