Grand Theft Auto V

[Image: grand-theft-auto-v-image.jpg]

Tell me when I need to update on the release.

Click this link to experience optimal pleasure.

Quote:Our hero is a dad who says he's trying to be a good guy, but, well, it's a Grand Theft Auto game, so you can guess how well that works out. There are also a lot of images of financial ruin, so we're guessing the current economic crisis is going to play a big role. What'd you notice?

They announced that this game will be released in September 17, 2013.

Here is the news :
Excellent promotional artwork, just like the classic GTAs we know.

Rockstar Wrote:Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond - from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

"Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We can't wait to share it with fans."

New update : Three new artworks added !

New update !

Game Informer have just revealed the cover for their upcoming Grand Theft Auto V issue.
Here it is :
And a new screenshot discovered in UK Magazine :
Over 20 new GTAV screenshots !

Yay the Buzzard helicopter is back ! it is my favorite helicopter ~

More new screenshots !

- New Artwork of Michael - VINEWOOD Sign :
Update !

And finally :

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer 2

+ Three new screenshots :

Two new screenshots :

GTAV's Art in Motion Video

Quote:We've seen several of GTAV's official artwork emerge over the last couple of weeks, which resemble a really a cool and engaging vibe. It's definitely interesting when you line up the art from the GTA games since GTAIII, as seen on the GTAnet home page.
A member of GTA Forums, jBhIpS, decided to take things a step further by putting some of GTAV's official art into motion by layering things out and animating it. All of us here at GTAnet have been super impressed and amazed by his work that we couldn't resist sharing it with the rest of the community!

(Dec. 03, 2012  11:37 AM)Kaizer Vearn Wrote: Update ~

New nice artworks added :
Head to Rockstar's downloads page for more sizes.

Rockstar Games Wrote:December Update!
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/ar...enjoy.html

Update ~!

Rockstar's holiday gift to their fans ; they released five new screenshots in the early hours of Monday morning showcasing more of GTA V.

(Jan. 05, 2013  5:20 AM)Kaizer Vearn Wrote: Rockstar released a new screenshot featuring Trevor :

An additional screenshot, that was previously featured in a magazine preview, was also released in digital form :

Rockstar also released various downlodable versions of previously released artwork, and noted that the game's official cover (front of box art) will be released later this month.

(Jan. 27, 2013  8:52 AM)Kaizer Vearn Wrote: Update !

Well we have what would appears to be a new official artwork ... The artwork contains a helicopter within it. As most GTA fans know, this have become an obligatory piece of art to go onto a GTA game's box art. Earlier this January, Rockstar have promised to unveil the game's box art later this month.

Is this the new official artwork we expected to be posted this month, or do you think there is an additional one ? ... This is also the first Artwork to feature a Helicopter in the artwork too ~

(Jan. 31, 2013  5:10 PM)Kaizer Vearn Wrote: OK, bad news : Rockstar Games today announced that GTA V will be arriving a bit later than initially announced ;
 GTA V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

Rockstar Games Wrote:Dear all 

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013. 

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require. 

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September - we thank you for your support and patience. 

Yours, The GTA Team

The company also issued the following press release:

Quote:Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life. 

"Grand Theft Auto V continues to push the series forward in new ways; Rockstar North are creating our deepest, most beautiful and most immersive world yet," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We are very excited for people to learn more about the game in the coming months." 

The September release date moves the launch back from its original projected release window of spring 2013 in order to allow additional development time. The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world Rockstar Games has yet created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game's three lead characters, playing all sides of the game's interwoven story. 

All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto's darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.

I will admit, I am disappointed as we were told it would be released Spring ... 
Rockstar is playing with us.

Well, I hope it gets delayed until October, the month you used to release most of your games, Rockstar Games.

Still, it will be 5.5 years since the release of GTA IV. I am scared to imagine when the next GTA will come out. Might actually be the end of the next generation.

(Apr. 02, 2013  2:28 PM)KaizÑ”r V Wrote: GTA V's Official Cover Art is here !

(Apr. 15, 2013  11:48 PM)YsTrY7oN Wrote: Two new Artworks released: "Cash and Carry"

Two new official artworks have appeared on Rockstar's Newswire. They are not really new though, we saw them before ... But now they are released as wallpapers, and that's amazing.

I like the one of the bike chase the most ~

Rockstar Games Wrote:Of course many other modes of transport will also be available to accommodate your travel needs across Los Santos and Blaine County this fall...

Cool ... ! We are waiting.

Gameplay Video

Thanks goes to Kaizer-V for updating the thread.

Credit goes to Joystiq for the excerpt.
Looks good, but too bad my ps3 got the blue screen of death.
thanks for telling but already knew that graphics r really nice and weapons and cars too can't wait for the release
I predict every cheat that was popular in San Andreas will be used in here. Makes sense.
Very excited for this as I like these type of game alot. The question is how it will stack up to Saints Row 3...
I don't think it'll be that easy to compare lol. Not that I am vouching for either side- I'm just generally excited about Grand Theft Auto 5.
Oh this game ... I really can't wait for it to get released, I am so excited !

I know there will only be one city in this game which is Los Santos, but as what Rockstar promised, it will be a huge one. I saw the trailer of the game and it looked cool, the environment is amazing.

I hated GTA IV because there wasn't any planes, I always enjoyed flying when I was playing GTA SA, but I got sad when they did not add the planes in GTA IV. The Annihilator helicopter is a good helicopter, but the Buzzard has more guns which is better than the Annihilator's, so it can never match it ...
So I am happy to hear that there will be some planes in GTA V.

They announced that this game will be released in Spring 2013.

Here is the news :

It is sad that the release will be in 2013, because I always hoped that they release it at least in fall 2012 ...
So, Just That Guy, you can update the thread with the information above.
Okay thank you XD

Man GTA V should weasel in some gore here and there. It can only go up.
(Oct. 28, 2012  8:38 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: Okay thank you XD

Man GTA V should weasel in some gore here and there. It can only go up.

You are welcome. Smile

And I want to add that Rockstar announced that a lots of info are coming next month, November 8.
Rockstar said that they are very busy and it is a huge project. They will try to post new screenshots of the game every month, and if they got enough time, they will do another trailer ...

And oh, this is the first official artwork release from Grand Theft Auto V, and it's entitled "Pest Control" :
Got to get it
One question
Why is it being released so late
(Nov. 02, 2012  4:47 PM)Beychamp76 Wrote: Got to get it
One question
Why is it being released so late

Because :

(Oct. 29, 2012  5:30 AM)Kaizer-V Wrote: Rockstar said that they are very busy and it is a huge project. They will try to post new screenshots of the game every month, and if they got enough time, they will do another trailer ...

Also I want to add this :

Rockstar Wrote:Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond - from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

"Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We can't wait to share it with fans."
thanks and yay
map will be gigantic
The fire will be hot as of next year.

I mean the sheer towering heights of Grand Theft Auto V made me nearly faint.
(Nov. 04, 2012  6:29 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: The fire will be hot as of next year.

I mean the sheer towering heights of Grand Theft Auto V made me nearly faint.

GTA V will be the best GTA game.

New update : Three new artworks added !

THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD
New update !

Game Informer have just revealed the cover for their upcoming Grand Theft Auto V issue.
Here it is :
And a new screenshot discovered in UK Magazine :

And finally, Game Informer GTA V Preview :
Updates added, and wow! It's amazing how more and more detail makes GTA IV seem like an ant or a dust particle compared to what GTA 5 will be!
(Nov. 09, 2012  4:31 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: Updates added, and wow! It's amazing how more and more detail makes GTA IV seem like an ant or a dust particle compared to what GTA 5 will be!

Yes that is right !

By the way, Rockstar Games just announced that the second Grand Theft Auto V trailer will arrive next Wednesday, November 14th.
That's awesome news, I just hope it waters the mouth a bit (considering we had maybe two... four articles related to GTA V the past year....) more than graphics and map size. XD
Thank you for the contributions Kaizer! Will update.
The old bicycle from San Andreas I back! Woo hoo! I loved that thing. The vehicles look very nice.