Grand Capricorne 145D

Do you really think this one deserves an article? I'm debating whether or not it does. It was only released in a special set, right? But if he is a relatively important character, then perhaps it does ...
Hm, as important as Moses, without much background story, and without a unique Beyblade. Hah.
Okay, I disagree strongly with most of this post, so I'm going to try to do this step by step. It's, uhh, well I'll try not to be too blunt but yeah.

(Jun. 16, 2012  5:27 AM)Kei Wrote: However, giving every "released Beyblade" its own article would become both redundant, and confusing, very quickly. What you see as "pointlessly limiting the scope" of Beywiki, I see as being mindful of the importance of simplicity, and respecting the intelligence of our readers to be able to come to their own conclusions after reading the descriptions for each part.
For the first part - improving the search function should be your aim, not restricting the amount of information it sorts through.

For the second - go trawl through ask a question get an answer, build me a combo, and purchase consultation. A lot of people can't find their way to the wiki or the competitive combos list. So, no offense to those that do, but there are plenty of people who I don't think are going to work this out for themselves. I know you're not an advocate of spoonfeeding, but if that's the case, perhaps set that aside when you're in charge of putting together this kind of database.

Quote:You also have to consider: "Relative to the "regular releases" of Beyblades that are used in the anime, how much do other random combinations that are released sell?". I'd postulate that the answer would be "very little". After factoring that in with the possible value in doing what you're suggesting, the idea becomes much less attractive.
Twin packs actually do pretty well as long as both beys contain some decent parts, which a lot do. A lot of the early ones were terrible (though even then they were at least a good way to get a major bey and some obscure parts), but there are some better ones recently, in the context of what hasbro have released, and they seem fairly popular.

Quote:In addition to this, how useful would these overall sections be, really? The reason the "Overall" sections are both useful and interesting now is because they serve a specific purpose: they allow us to give not only an overview of whether a Beyblade is worth buying or not, but to give an overview of its place within the history of the series, and how it impacted the game when released. While many of the current articles do not capitalize on this chance fully (HMS/Plastics in particular, since many of the people who wrote those articles were not active in the community when they were released), my point is this: you cannot do this for random combinations. Nobody would be able to tell you how Rock Pegasis 100WD impacted the metagame (hint: because it didn't). It was a random mishmash of previously released parts. If someone specifically wants to know about those parts, wouldn't you prefer them to figure it out on their own by reading our other articles, while in the process, perhaps learning something about the history of the game?
No, I'd prefer to give them the answer they're after there rather than doing the same 10-20 times in Ask A Question, Get an Answer, to be blunt.

Rock Pegasus had more impact on the metagame than Storm Capricorne by virtue of having WD, a top tier tip. I wouldn't propose doing it if I didn't think I could do it to a meaningful level.

Quote:Don't get me wrong, however; there is value in your idea. I'm just not sure it is the correct idea for Beywiki in particular. If it were to be done, it would have to be a a separate project, and personally, I would expand it even further by suggesting that every possible combination should have an "article". This is a much more highly ambitious idea that I remember being discussed in the past by people like Fatal Sin for his–now long defunct–website, LightningRevolver.NET, and I'm not sure if it would ever be worth attempting given a) the insane amount of work involved and b) the somewhat subjective nature of the game. If someone wanted to create a database for "every released Beyblade", I'd argue that, considering the relatively low value of the random combinations that are released by Hasbro and through Random Boosters, etc., they might as well take it an extra step and do what I'm describing here.

Making an article for every *NOTABLE* combination is something I would like, but the customizations forum kinda does that, and whilst I've heard... things... about forumwikis and other such... stuff... I've already detailed how and why the idea of every released beyblade getting an article is feasible (it's grunt work and I might lack motivation for doing anything major but damn I can do grunt work, and even then I doubt I'm alone).

Yeah, I could set up something to compete with beywiki, but last I checked though you guys weren't too keen on uhh, that kinda thing. Beywiki, for all it's faults, is the only source of information like itself, with any quality control, any process, any organisation, and any accuracy out there. Making something to compete is pointless, just like competing with the WBO as a whole - look at Battle Bladers, as hesitant as I am to mention it, it's the example I am most familiar with. It's uhh.... It's not thriving. Basically, why make an imitation when you can make the original better and not have to start from nothing? Okay at this point I can list a few reasons, but I don't know how many you're going to like, no offence.

Bit of a spiel: You're being too short-sighted, everything is tempered by "what we can do" and not "what we could do" - though the latter might require more efficient processing of drafts, a slightly better search setup and organisation and more "initiatives" or whathaveyou to encourage intelligent members to write and improve drafts, but that's a self-imposed limitation.

I agree with Th!nk I guess. I mean the character who owns it is kinda important for a while and also it's pretty much done. If you came along at the beginning and said this then you might have a point but it's pretty much complete. We should be striving to have articles on every beyblade released (well not double pack ones IMO). Also Hasbro released two other blades from the anime which Takara didn't is Flame Serpent SW145F and Burn Wolf SW145WD. Considering they are actually Hasbro releases not having articles on them makes no sense since members will look at the wiki to see how good they are.
Yes, I also agree with th!nk, and Ultra.
Klaus (the dub name of Georg) is relatively important in the anime, and he appears multiple times, battling both Jack and Masamune. I won't be forgetting him anytime soon, as he was a unique character, who was much different than everyone else. Both Grand Ketos's were less "unique" to me at least, when compared to Klaus. Anyways, that's off topic, the article is already done essentially, and I think it would be somewhat rude to just not give it an article, even though it's done.
In summary : let us still put more focus on the main Beyblade releases, but, in similar circumstances, let us also give similar secondary Beyblades an article.
This should be fine. I did a few modifications in the Grand section, which I also repeated in the Grand Ketos article on Beywiki : "wheel" was uncapitalised and it was completely the wrong term when Grand is a Metal Wheel ...

Quote:Note: Grand Capricorne 145 was only released by Hasbro, in the Team Excalibur Set, since it is a Beyblade owned by a character named Georg in the Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion anime.

Face: Capricorne
The Face depicts Capricorn, the tenth astrological sign in the Zodiac. Hasbro's version of the Face mark for their Grand Capricorne and Fury Capricorne releases omit the word "Capricorne" on the banner on the Face.

Clear Wheel: Capricorne
Weight: 2.9 grams
The Capricorne Clear Wheel is quite angular, representing two goat heads, tailed by long, banded horns, and another two small Spikes separating each head from the other's horns. While not a particularly useful part, the angular design can allow for some added Smash Attack, and if one has no better Clear Wheels, it can be a decent choice for such customizations, as long as it does not obscure the Metal Wheel's contact points. This release of Capricorne is an opaque Red-Orange.

Metal Wheel: Grand
Weight: 29.3 grams
Grand is an intriguing Metal Wheel; it's thicker than Earth at the thickest point on its interconnected, smooth design. However, it is not as successful defensively, as it is 3.5 grams lighter than the second mold of Earth. On the Grand Metal Wheel, there are six "walls" and with every two walls there is a gap dividing them into three sections. In each section there is a wall with small textured indents; this creates some recoil which is never a plus for a Defense-oriented Wheel. Because of this, it does have some Smash Attack, but it is mediocre and is completely outclassed by the multitude of other great Attack-based Wheels available, such as Flash, VariAres, and Blitz.

Track: 145
Weight: 1.5 grams
145, along with its variants (C145, DF145, etc.), was once the highest Track available, until the 230 Track was released with Flame Byxis. It can be used in Stamina customs to great effect due to its tall height, which allows for more wobbling as the Beyblade loses its spin velocity. 145, as tall as it is, makes it easily susceptible to low Attackers; however, this should not be seen as a drawback because Stamina Types are not traditionally designed to be used against Attack Types.
Use in Attack Customization
145 can be put to good use in the Attack custom, MF Pegasis 145RF. Pegasis has been proven to perform viciously when used in unison with 145, which maximizes the effectiveness of its Smash Attack.
Use in Stamina Customization
145 can be put to use in the combo Burn Bull 145WD.

Bottom: Defense
Weight: 0.68 Grams
This is a Defense Bottom, which acts as a wider version of a Sharp Bottom. When hit by an opponent, a Beyblade with this Bottom will have lessened recoil and will recover from attacks more efficiently than a Sharp Tip. D can be used effectively in Stamina combos that are at the 170 height or higher.
D can be put to use in combos such as Phantom Cancer 230D or Phantom Cancer TH170D. D is a superior choice for 230 because it retains balance more easily than WD.

Other Versions

Dark Capricorne 105RF – Hybrid Wheel Reshuffle Set (Attack & Balance) (Purple)
Flame Capricorne T125HF – Random Booster Vol.4 Mirage Virgo (Grey Brown)
Rock Capricorne T125D – Random Booster Vol.4 Mirage Virgo (Light Grey)
Screw Capricorne 90MF - BB-92 Booster (Blue)
Storm Capricorne M145Q BB-50
Capricorne 100HF
Fury Capricorne 100HF
Lightning Screwdriver Capricorne with gold painted horns. was Released in the Hasbro Beyblade Metal Fusion Lightning Screwdriver Top Pack

Overall

Grand is a mediocre defensive Metal Wheel, and therefore is outclassed by many other Metal Wheels such as Death, Wing, and Duo. The Capricorne Clear Wheel is nothing special, and AD145 can easily be chosen over 145 for Stamina combos. The only reason to buy this Beyblade is for the D tip for its harmony with the 230 Track, which can be obtainable by numerous other means.

Considering that Grand Capricorne is only obtainable in a special pack released by Hasbro, which is unnecessary to purchase if one already owns the [[Gravity Perseus AD145WD]] and Grand Ketos included, "there is little to no reason to buy this Beyblade aside from collection purposes."

Quote:Note: Grand Capricorne 145D was only released by Hasbro, in the Team Excalibur Set, since it is a Beyblade owned by a character named Georg in the Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion anime.

The Face depicts Capricorn, the tenth astrological sign in the Zodiac. Hasbro's version of the Face mark for their Grand Capricorne and Fury Capricorne releases omit the word "Capricorne" on the banner on the Face.

The Capricorne Clear Wheel is quite angular, representing two goat heads, tailed by long, banded horns, and another two small Spikes separating each head from the other's horns. While not a particularly useful part, the angular design can allow for some added Smash Attack, and if one has no better Clear Wheels, it can be a decent choice for such customizations, as long as it does not obscure the Metal Wheel's contact points. This release of Capricorne is an opaque Red-Orange.

Grand is an intriguing Metal Wheel; it's thicker than Earth at the thickest point on its interconnected, smooth design. However, it is not as successful defensively, as it is 3.5 grams lighter than the second mold of Earth. On the Grand Metal Wheel, there are six "walls" and with every two walls there is a gap dividing them into three sections. In each section there is a wall with small textured indents; this creates some recoil which is never a plus for a Defense-oriented Wheel. Because of this, it does have some Smash Attack, but it is mediocre and is completely outclassed by the multitude of other great Attack-based Wheels available, such as Flash, VariAres, and Blitz.

145, along with its variants (C145, DF145, etc.), was once the highest Track available, until the 230 Track was released with [[Flame Byxis 230WD]]. It can be used in Stamina combos to great effect due to its tall height, which allows for more wobbling as the Beyblade loses its spin velocity. 145, as tall as it is, makes it easily susceptible to low Attackers; however, this should not be seen as a drawback because Stamina Types are not traditionally designed to be used against Attack Types.
145 can be put to use in the Attack combo MF-H Flash Escolpio 145R2F if does not have any other appropriate Tracks for the combo.
145 can be put to use in the combo Duo Cygnus/Cancer/Aquario 145WD if AD145 or W145 are not available.

This is a Defense Bottom, which acts as a wider version of a Sharp Bottom. When hit by an opponent, a Beyblade with this Bottom will have lessened recoil and will recover from attacks more efficiently than a Sharp Tip. D can be used effectively in Stamina combos that are at the 170 height or higher.
D can be put to use in combos such as Phantom Cancer 230D or Phantom Cancer TH170D. D is a superior choice for 230 because it retains balance more easily than WD.

Other Versions

Storm Capricorne M145Q BB-50
Capricorne 100HF
Fury Capricorne 100HF
Storm Capricorne M145Q with gold painted horns and translucent Track. (Released in the Hasbro Beyblade Metal Fusion Lightning Screwdriver Top Pack)

Overall

Grand is a mediocre defensive Metal Wheel, and therefore is outclassed by many other Metal Wheels such as Duo and Death for low-recoil Defense, and weight-based Defense-wise, any basic Synchrom will do. The Capricorne Clear Wheel is nothing special, and W145 can easily be chosen over 145 for Stamina combos. The only reason to buy this Beyblade is for the D tip for its synergy with the 230 Track, which can be obtainable by numerous other means.

Considering that Grand Capricorne is only obtainable in a special pack released by Hasbro, which is unnecessary to purchase if one already owns the [[Gravity Perseus AD145WD]] and [[Grand Ketos WD145RS]] included, "there is little to no reason to buy this Beyblade aside from collection purposes."

Made a few edits.

Edit: Made some more edits.
Apologies for bumping, but I made a few more edits to this draft. I think it would be nice to add links in the "Other Versions" section, considering I have no idea have to do so.

Other than that, is this draft ready for Beywiki?
Could you possibly highlight which edits you made so I do not have to re-read everything ... ?
Done. I highlighted everything I recall changing.
Quote:Note: Grand Capricorne 145D was only released by Hasbro, in the Team Excalibur Set, since it is a Beyblade owned by a character named Georg in the Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion anime.

145, along with its variants (C145, DF145, etc.), was once the highest Track available, until the 230 Track was released with [[Flame Byxis 230WD]]. It can be used in Stamina combos to great effect due to its tall height, which allows for more wobbling as the Beyblade loses its spin velocity. 145, as tall as it is, makes it easily susceptible to low Attackers; however, this should not be seen as a drawback because Stamina Types are not traditionally designed to be used against Attack Types.
145 can be put to use in the Attack combo MF-H Flash Escolpio 145R2F, however 130 is its preferred height.
145 can be put to use in the combo Duo Cygnus/Cancer/Aquario 145WD if both AD145 and W145 are not available.

Other Versions

Storm Capricorne M145Q - BB-50 Starter (Pink)
Fury Capricorne 100HF - Hasbro Legend Series Starter (Orange)
Storm Capricorne M145Q - Hasbro Lightning Screwdiver Faceoff Set (Gold horns)

Overall

Grand is a mediocre defensive Metal Wheel, and therefore is outclassed by many other Metal Wheels such as Duo and Death for low-recoil Defense, and for weight-based Defense, any basic Synchrom combo will do. The Capricorne Clear Wheel is nothing special, and W145 as well as AD145 can easily be chosen over 145 for Stamina combos. The only reason to buy this Beyblade is for the D tip for its synergy with the 230 Track, which can be obtainable by numerous other means.

Considering that Grand Capricorne is only obtainable in a special pack released by Hasbro, which is unnecessary to purchase if one already owns the [[Gravity Perseus AD145WD]] and [[Grand Ketos T125/WD145RS]] included, "there is little to no reason to buy this Beyblade aside from collection purposes."

This should be ready then.
This article is therefore now up :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...corne_145D

The official picture from Hasbro is horribly small however, so if anybody had purchased the Team Excalibur set and owns Grand Capricorne, it would be very appreciated if you take photographs of it.
Its product code should be B-134. I just realized this was missing in the Hasbro Product List but it has been added now. Also, it seems to be a Defense type looking at the Team Excalibur Set box.

Great job to everyone who worked on this!