Grand Capricorne 145D

Revised Version #2:

Grand is a mediocre defensive wheel, and therefore is outclassed by many other defensive wheels such as Death, Wing, and Duo. The Capricorne Clear Wheel is nothing special, and AD145 can easily be chosen over 145 for Stamina combos. The only reason to buy this Beyblade is for the D tip, which can be obtainable by numerous other means, mainly being several releases from Hasbro.

Considering that Grand Capricorne is only obtainable in a special pack released by Hasbro, which is unnecessary to buy if one already owns the Gravity Perseus and Grand Ketos included, "There is little or no reason to buy this Beyblade aside from collection purposes."

i done the overall part thanks to Crab Commando any other parts i should do please tell
(May. 12, 2012  6:12 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: Revised Version #2:

Grand is a mediocre defensive wheel, and therefore is outclassed by many other defensive wheels such as Death, Wing, and Duo. The Capricorne Clear Wheel is nothing special, and AD145 can easily be chosen over 145 for Stamina combos. The only reason to buy this Beyblade is for the D tip, which can be obtainable by numerous other means, mainly being several releases from Hasbro.

Considering that Grand Capricorne is only obtainable in a special pack released by Hasbro, which is unnecessary to buy if one already owns the Gravity Perseus and Grand Ketos included, "There is little or no reason to buy this Beyblade aside from collection purposes."
I have already said this Crab Commando, Grand is WAY too light to be mediocre, Earth is mediocre, Grand is pretty much the lightest defense wheel except for light wheels.

The thickness of the wheel still makes it acceptable for Defense. It has some slight recoil, but it's better than using something like Cloud, Rock, or Dark...
Quote:me·di·o·cre/ˌmēdēˈōkər/
Adjective: Of only moderate quality; not very good: "a mediocre actor".
Bottom line: Grand is acceptable for Defense, but still not particularly great.
It's not that much better than Dark (though Dark's defense ability was always a little underrated).

But yeah, mediocre is the right word.
Oh, alright. Are there any other changes we should add to the "overall" section?
Hm, I guess you are right, the sides are very thick and I had good times with Grand but, I was only counting in the weight, sorry XD

Edit: If you need the exact weight of Grand on the draft, it's 29.9 Grams.
It's alright buddy, we all make mistakes sometimes. Smile
Anyway, thank you for providing us with the weight, too.

I'm working on a little editing to the article right now, so I should put it up later today.

EDIT: Made a few small edits. We definitely need to update the parts of the article that mention specific outdated combos. I'm mainly referring to the "Use in _____ customization".

The edits are VERY MINOR, but here. I didn't edit the "other versions" and "overall" sections because I didn't notice anything worth changing.
This honestly looks ready to go. I can take photos of this, if you'd like. I should be able to upload them next Tuesday.
Thanks Raigeko13 and Crab Commando. for the Help
Cool thanks for the pics Raigeko13
Why are you taking more pictures Rai?
Your pictures look fantastico.
Eh, the first ones were blue, and they've been like that before, they didn't approve them, yada, yada, yada, took em with the less blue tint in it (which is what happens when I don't set the setting to Sunny) and they looked better, got approved. Didn't want to have to go through that again XD
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...corne_145D

Please do not put up articles before approval has been given.
I deleted the article and issued a warning for the infraction.
Can someone explain to me why this is getting an article? Based on what I read in the OP, I'd assume it's because a prominent character in the anime uses it?
Because it's a released beyblade and most of us agreed every beyblade should be getting an article because people want to find out information on the beyblades they own without looking at all the articles the parts come in, and still not getting an overall section.

Ya' know, part of making the wiki as all encompassing as it can be rather than pointlessly limiting the scope. A good thing.

In the discussion on errors on the wiki I pointed out that if you agreed, I could go through and do articles for all the random booster/hasbro-but-not-takara-release beys that already have their parts written in other articles in like, a day or two, as long as I had a list of the latter to work with. Given a single thread for you/whoever to check all the overall sections, you could basically kick back and read that, whatever, done, no hassle, more info on the wiki, more readers as they can find their beys, larger overall search engine presence, no downsides because I can do all that work myself (while asleep or being held hostage at gunpoint or even waiting 6 months for a reply on something).
Just a suggestion, but considering Hasbro calls it Capricorn(with no "e"), should the article be named this way as well?
(Jun. 16, 2012  2:33 AM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Just a suggestion, but considering Hasbro calls it Capricorn(with no "e"), should the article be named this way as well?

It will be called "Grand Capricorne 145D", and a redirect will be created called "Grand Capricorn 145D".
(Jun. 15, 2012  10:51 AM)th!nk Wrote: In the discussion on errors on the wiki I pointed out that if you agreed, I could go through and do articles for all the random booster/hasbro-but-not-takara-release beys that already have their parts written in other articles in like, a day or two, as long as I had a list of the latter to work with. Given a single thread for you/whoever to check all the overall sections, you could basically kick back and read that, whatever, done, no hassle, more info on the wiki, more readers as they can find their beys, larger overall search engine presence, no downsides because I can do all that work myself (while asleep or being held hostage at gunpoint or even waiting 6 months for a reply on something).

If this is to be done, we should review the need for a more... effective updating system, considering the amount of duplicates that would imply. I believe I had posted a suggestion in the very discussion you are referring to. Short term/Long term benefits and the possible legalization of a new format/stadium should of course be taken into account.
(Jun. 15, 2012  10:51 AM)th!nk Wrote: Because it's a released beyblade and most of us agreed every beyblade should be getting an article because people want to find out information on the beyblades they own without looking at all the articles the parts come in, and still not getting an overall section.

Ya' know, part of making the wiki as all encompassing as it can be rather than pointlessly limiting the scope. A good thing.

So, was it used by a character in the anime? If that was the case, then maybe it does deserve to have it's own article. However, giving every "released Beyblade" its own article would become both redundant, and confusing, very quickly. What you see as "pointlessly limiting the scope" of Beywiki, I see as being mindful of the importance of simplicity, and respecting the intelligence of our readers to be able to come to their own conclusions after reading the descriptions for each part.

You also have to consider: "Relative to the "regular releases" of Beyblades that are used in the anime, how much do other random combinations that are released sell?". I'd postulate that the answer would be "very little". After factoring that in with the possible value in doing what you're suggesting, the idea becomes much less attractive.

In addition to this, how useful would these overall sections be, really? The reason the "Overall" sections are both useful and interesting now is because they serve a specific purpose: they allow us to give not only an overview of whether a Beyblade is worth buying or not, but to give an overview of its place within the history of the series, and how it impacted the game when released. While many of the current articles do not capitalize on this chance fully (HMS/Plastics in particular, since many of the people who wrote those articles were not active in the community when they were released), my point is this: you cannot do this for random combinations. Nobody would be able to tell you how Rock Pegasis 100WD impacted the metagame (hint: because it didn't). It was a random mishmash of previously released parts. If someone specifically wants to know about those parts, wouldn't you prefer them to figure it out on their own by reading our other articles, while in the process, perhaps learning something about the history of the game?

Don't get me wrong, however; there is value in your idea. I'm just not sure it is the correct idea for Beywiki in particular. If it were to be done, it would have to be a a separate project, and personally, I would expand it even further by suggesting that every possible combination should have an "article". This is a much more highly ambitious idea that I remember being discussed in the past by people like Fatal Sin for his–now long defunct–website, LightningRevolver.NET, and I'm not sure if it would ever be worth attempting given a) the insane amount of work involved and b) the somewhat subjective nature of the game. If someone wanted to create a database for "every released Beyblade", I'd argue that, considering the relatively low value of the random combinations that are released by Hasbro and through Random Boosters, etc., they might as well take it an extra step and do what I'm describing here.
Georg has this Beyblade in the anime. Georg is part of Julius Caesar's team.
(Jun. 16, 2012  5:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Georg has this Beyblade in the anime. Georg is part of Julius Caesar's team.

Is there any other cases like this within the anime where a prominent character uses a Beyblade comprised of previously released parts (with it subsequently being released by Hasbro, of course)?
Usually it is whole secondary (or even lower) teams. Georg is a secondary character, but relatively important and part of a main team.

Half of Team Gracies has recycled Beyblades too, but I do not think they were ever released by Hasbro.