Good old-fashioned Spin-Stealers: How they stack up to the current metagame.

Wow...
What an awesome contradiction to what I said in my previous post, that. Haha! XD

Off topic >> Do we actually have a new release with Nemesis motif on BB-10s? Whatever 'tis, it looks cool! Joyful_3
(Apr. 14, 2012  3:04 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Wow...
What an awesome contradiction to what I said in my previous post, that. Haha! XD

Off topic >> Do we actually have a new release with Nemesis motif on BB-10s? Whatever 'tis, it looks cool! Joyful_3

The gravity combo is just a example, actually the one I prefer to use is MF l drago guardian S130XF
It has more weight and XF has more movement compare to stamina tip to against attack combo,and it's still has over 90% winning rate against 230CS/MB or BD145 variance.
Btw that nemsis motif on bb10 is a DIY job. But I think it look nice tho.
Jsb.. Either you misunderstood/misinterpreted my post or I typed something wrong there.
1. I did not say they affect the stamina.. I am not sure about it either.. But, since spin-steal is only most effective at dying moments, stamina doesn't matter. Because it gets equalized with the opponent anyway.
2. MFs and MF-Hs reduce a beyblade's moment of inertia(take a look at Physics topic to get a rough idea) so it is easier to OS the opponent in the last few seconds if he is on MF-H. And this is true for the greater part of my tests.
3. Basalt's wins are more due to its force smash and recoil-KO ability and not due to roundedness. The round sides do help though. Since duo does not have the recoil-KO ability(from what I saw.. Not too sure there), it cant KO spin stealers like Basalt. And yeah, an aggressive Gravity of mine almost KOed BS5's Duo so.... But it could have been a luck factor.. And again, Duo is weak on the underside.. And yeah... Duo is easier to KO on WD...
4. Diablo maybe a threat yes... But since it has a low stamina itself, it can still be outspun relatively easier than Basalt. And yes, low recoil is a problem due to the inability to get recoil-KOs.
5. The wobbler can devastate Low track ones but I havent yet seen it in action so I cant conclude anything right now about it.
Recoil KOs was just a myth, haha!
Also, I know that Physics suggests that MFs reduce spin time, but check out the Winning Combinations and Pirates Iroja thread. Most people are seemingly losing faith in the "MFs bad for Stamina" theory. Smile
Hmm... Maybe.. But Hell BD145(boost) and Basalt which have a comparatively high recoil KO spin-stealers quite easily whereas Duo and Death which have least recoil do not so..
That is because Hell andBasalt have contact points to attack. These attacks are the cause of recoil they suffer, as you may already know. Smile
Duo has no contact points or protrusions for that matter. Sooo...

Recoil KOs is a term used when recoil was misunderstood to be good. Such a thing doesn't exist really.

I think we are going slightly off topic.
Oh well I used the wrong term I guess.. Meant exactly the same but I thought recoil-KO was a more suitable term...
Aaand, yeah.. MF-H adds to spin velocity of the bey but reduces the ability to outspin the opponent of opposite spin in a battle so.. They may be good against same spin but not against opposite spin for sure.
I was cheaking out this tread and thought that I would tell you about MLD 105DS. I Don't have the times to do tests but tests would be great. I did Fusion Hadies TH170D VS. (Combo) and got amazing results, of corse I did not record them. This is not SPAM.
(Apr. 15, 2012  12:53 AM)Bey Taser Wrote: I was cheaking out this tread and thought that I would tell you about MLD 105DS. I Don't have the times to do tests but tests would be great. I did Fusion Hadies TH170D VS. (Combo) and got amazing results, of corse I did not record them. This is not SPAM.

Oh my god, this is actually very ironic, because I was just about to try testing almost the exact same combo, except it was DF105, because I was just seeing how a lazily put together combo could stack up to the current dominators. It's been getting awesome results against Death Aquario BD145CS

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't be too hasty with testing this yet. RDF still dominates it. It is nice to know that all the parts from hell Kerbecs have a use in a somewhat-if not extremely useful combo though. The same could be said for Duo Uranus, but it costs about seventy US dollars to buy the set it comes in.
(Apr. 15, 2012  1:06 AM)Slee Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2012  12:53 AM)Bey Taser Wrote: I was cheaking out this tread and thought that I would tell you about MLD 105DS. I Don't have the times to do tests but tests would be great. I did Fusion Hadies TH170D VS. (Combo) and got amazing results, of corse I did not record them. This is not SPAM.

Oh my god, this is actually very ironic, because I was just about to try testing almost the exact same combo, except it was DF105, because I was just seeing how a lazily put together combo could stack up to the current dominators. It's been getting awesome results against Death Aquario BD145CS

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't be too hasty with testing this yet. RDF still dominates it. It is nice to know that all the parts from hell Kerbecs have a use in a somewhat-if not extremely useful combo though. The same could be said for Duo Uranus, but it costs about seventy US dollars to buy the set it comes in.
Yes, I have not tryed RDF tests yet I will try.
EDIT: Death(Defence Mode) Cetes BD145RDF VS. (combo)
Death just killed MLD It couldn't steal spin at all. I Don't know why the BD145 could've been but it didn't sound like Plasic VS Rubber ?

S0mebody, the theoretical explanation of how a spin stealer should be used to the best results is exactly as I have always thought of it, so it's great to hear it come from somebody else!

I've always felt that low Stamina combos that steal spin should be used more, I've just never got to try one against Death, Duo, Diablo, or Phantom; and RDF, RB, and MB; so I didn't want to be hasty and assume things. I've gotten pretty good Stamina results with Gravity, but I don't have the Stamina Perseus anyways, haha. Plus, Meteo L Drago CH120XF has always been so popular.
I dont have too many top-tier parts either XD.. Just the fact that my Gravity almost won against Duo in the finals before we called it off made me take an even closer look at this.

Dan's combo has always been popular but it is largely dependent on the blader's skill(which TBH I dont have) and also even the slightest mistake in using that results in either a self-KO or an OS. Moreover, as I said.. it has its problems against DS.

I use the normal Perseus CW.. and it works well. I personally never felt the need to use the Stamina version against opposite spin. IMO the ATK version would be better. But yeah.. I dont have that either so..
I was told by th!nk(?) once that MLD CH120XF has a major weakness to Stamina types itself.
So, even that may be considered I guess...
I don't know how true it is, but we probably have seen its weakness against Stamina in our tourneys, no?

Aaaand, the Attack Version reveals too much of metal, there. I was told recently, that the normal and Stamina versions are better for Spin Steal, but well, UK still depends on attack version (ironically, I believe that the person who told me this was a European too... Chocked_2)

Well, Attack version would be preferable because the extra metal would give a better spin-steal compared to the plastic(again never tried it so not too sure but yeah..) and since spin-steal is only effective in the dying moments, the contact whether metal on metal or metal on plastic wont matter as long as you have a good track and tip so..
I've always felt that the Defense version had a little too much recoil (with gravity of course), so I think that Attack version would just increase the recoil because there would be more metal contact, which is what causes the recoil.
Attack version reveals too much metal, which makes it awesome for attack and not for spin steal. The Stamina and normal versions cover quite a bit of metal, and the longer duration of contact between plastic and metal makes spun steal more effective.
But N0body has a point; the track - tip setup matters the most (for now), and its better to verify his statement, instead of discussing Gravity's versions. Smile
Also Shab, I don't think its about recoil... Smile
In my opinion, Stamina Version of the Perseus CW is best for spin stealing. However, a standard MLD is still better.
The problem with MLD is.. As JSB told me in Duo Discussion.. That it neither has a decent solo spin neither does it have the ability to KO knock around stuff... And it is ineffective against left spin beys unlike Gravity so I choose Gravity over MLD always.
About the CW thing... Its better to get tests up before making conclusions(learning from the pre-release discussions of Flash)
(Apr. 15, 2012  5:46 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Also Shab, I don't think its about recoil... Smile

ah, but recoil is so important in this equation! haha

For me, the recoil with the Defense Version makes me lose by KO before I can even steal spin. That's basically what I mean.
Yeah, right.. but this problem vanishes against low-recoil opponents like Duo and Death from what I have seen.. the reason why I called Basalt and Hell's ability as recoil-KO because yeah.. the recoil of Gravity is only a problem while facing opponents which already have high recoil. Against opponents that are low on recoil, one need not worry too much about it.
Can someone do a test with L.D.D please
Meteo ldrago tr145 wd vs. Duo gasher 230 d
there was 2 draws
Meteo win 8/10
duo win 2/10

This test surprised me seeing that my meteo was not top tier but duo was. This proves that if you don't have ewd wd is the next best thing.
It's known that EWD and WD are pretty close to each other in terms of performance Stamina-wise.