Going Away/Coming Back Topic

(Oct. 01, 2015  10:56 PM)Tri Wrote: I haven't been online for over 2 weeks and I figured I'd come on real quick just to say that my time has come to call it quits. I'm proud for whatever small contributions I've made to the community. The 3 and a half years I've spent here have been great! There are still goals I felt so close to getting, but I always fell short. If you ever want to get ahold of me, try Facebook or Instagram. Bye guys!

I'm really going to miss you dude! Thanks for letting me out my Fan Series on, I wouldn't have done it without you.

I think your contributions were great, and I'll sure visit your Facebook.
(Oct. 01, 2015  10:56 PM)Tri Wrote: I haven't been online for over 2 weeks and I figured I'd come on real quick just to say that my time has come to call it quits. I'm proud for whatever small contributions I've made to the community. The 3 and a half years I've spent here have been great! There are still goals I felt so close to getting, but I always fell short. If you ever want to get ahold of me, try Facebook or Instagram. Bye guys!

...You're leaving? Wow, this is pretty unsettling for me given while i'm inactive here I still see you around often, i guess bye now...
Man, really ? Well, it's your choice. I hope you won't forgive us, and whenever you can, why don't you come here to give us some news ? Smile
Wow it sure has been a while, I remember you were like my first friend on the WBO. Don't shoot your self down by saying "small contributions" or "I always fells short", you were a very productive member and I know many people appreciate all that you have done for the WBO. Good luck in the future man and maybe we can talk again sometime soon!

You were a super influential member to me a few years ago, always appreciated your contributions a lot!

Good luck to you in the future and I hope you do eventually join us again Smile
Oh Tri, that´s really sad to hear. Unhappy You´ve been so ever-present here ever since I´ve joined that you will really leave a void now. Crying Thank you so much for everything you´ve done, especially moderating the YC forum!
Tri is leaving us? That's really sad. Well farewell I suppose...

Please remember us all from the WBO please...
I've already made a couple of posts. And I don't really feel, like anybody in particular would remember me, from the period in time that I was "active," a few years ago. But for what it's worth, I'm returning from an extended period of absence.

After failing to find, or initiate an active local Beyblade community, I lost interest in the game, and eventually stopped visiting the WBO forums as well. In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best time for me to be active.

My personal situation has improved dramatically. And I was lucky enough to Discover "Burst." So here I am.

Wow, this is a real shock to me.

You've been one of my closest friends on this site since I first joined and became active: I'm gonna miss you. You were a great member and won't be forgotten. Hope Burst will spark interest in you at one point or another and you return.
I'll just be gone for a while. I have been so insufferable to everyone lately and I need to take a break for a while. My deepest crimes involve whining about the lack of female characters, complaining about Hasbro and I even blamed one of my past friends (who now hates me) for something he didn't do so I apologise to that person which is @[Hato].

To my best friend @[Momohimi], I'll miss you very much so goodbye for now. I may come back later but only when I'm truly positive.
(Oct. 03, 2015  1:56 PM)☆★Unikitty★☆ Wrote: I'll just be gone for a while. I have been so insufferable to everyone lately and I need to take a break for a while. My deepest crimes involve whining about the lack of female characters, complaining about Hasbro and I even blamed one of my past friends (who now hates me) for something he didn't do so I apologise to that person which is @[Hato].

To my best friend @[Momohimi], I'll miss you very much so goodbye for now. I may come back later but only when I'm truly positive.

Wait, you're gonna leave? We will still be in contact right?
Oh no, not you too Unhappy

Why so much valuable people are leaving right now ?
(Oct. 03, 2015  1:56 PM)☆★Unikitty★☆ Wrote: I'll just be gone for a while. I have been so insufferable to everyone lately and I need to take a break for a while. My deepest crimes involve whining about the lack of female characters, complaining about Hasbro and I even blamed one of my past friends (who now hates me) for something he didn't do so I apologise to that person which is @[Hato].

I didn't see you post a lot lately, so I dont know about you being insufferable, but bye i guess.

ALWAYS WELCOME BACK

EDIT: Btw im being a little more active since my small hiatus so yeah.
Hey y'all. Some of you may remember me, some of you may not. I like to think I did well for myself on here, but obviously it's been a while.

I used to be head over heels with Beyblade. Back in 2006, I went to India to visit my extended family for the first time and they introduced me to the latest craze at the time: Beyblade. I was so hooked I could just keep launching my Driger MS, and I knew this was something that I would be playing for the rest of my life.
Four weeks later I left for home and promptly forgot about it. So it goes.

I came back with Metal Fusion. I found out that Beyblade was back and rekindled my love for Beyblade by watching all the old Bakuten Shoot episodes in my room while simultaneously battling my Sea Dragon MS and Driger MS in a plastic plate on a table next to me: to say that my imagination was captured would be woefully understating how much this little game of battling tops caught my interest. The complexity! The mesmerizing rotation! Even the Beyspirit! Talk about scintillating to a thirteen-year-old.

The rest is history: I was trying to identify the parts of my Sea Dragon and stumbled across Beywiki, lurked for a month, and decided what the hell: burning up with questions to ask and brimming with answers from extensively studying HMS, I took the plunge and joined the WBO as surely one of the most knowledgeable members around.

In other words, I was a complete and utter novice. When I was active, it was almost scary to look in my profile sometimes and realize a simple thread I made thinking it would be fun to discuss what your personal special move would be still accrues views to this day as people go through my post and thread history and wonder what this former Advanced Member had to say as a newbie who had just binged the Lazer Collection before joining this site and evidently received some divine inspiration for his first username.

Life got busier but my beyspirit remained strong. I thought up the most unbalanced combo I could make at the time and lo and behold it was actually useful! Then prominent members of the time came and joined the thread discussing the nature of this variant on Defense that developed into "Anti-Attack" while I sat back trying to comprehend a way to contribute. I never really did contribute too much in the theory side in the end, and that's honestly okay. I made my mark in the community, wrote a few Beywiki articles (shoutouts to being the HMS guy and writing that monster of a Diablo Nemesis article) and there wasn't much I could ask for beyond that.

Why am I writing this? I'm sitting in the 7th floor of a library in Cornell University, in between assignments and studying for an exam on Friday. Now I'm a sophomore studying Neurobiology and Behavior with a pre-medicine track and holding a 3.98 GPA, working in a computational physiology laboratory for 10 hours a week while taking 18 credits of classes (including the dreaded Organic Chemistry! It's not that bad after all) and a blue stripe and lightweight sparrer on the school's Taekwondo team, practicing almost every day to get to the goal of med school and a black belt.

Humblebrag aside, I would not be where I am today without Beyblade and this site.

I wrote my common app essay on my love of Beyblade. Ivy League schools were reading a truly one-of-a-kind essay from this random kid who wrote about approaching a children's spinning top game from a more mature angle and how it gave back to my experiences with volunteering and leadership and they enjoyed it!

I enjoyed it too. Stepping up as a tournament organizer for the NYC scene when I could always led to extremely enjoyable experiences. It didn't matter how difficult the members were, how harried I got doing logistics while trying to maintain my precious Beyrank and obtain those maddeningly addictive digital hexagons under my profile, or if I was running a 20-man tournament in negative temperatures under zero cover in Central Park (see: Samurai Showdown).

I loved every second of it.

Seeing the smiles of the kids who would come, and the parents who brought them, validated every fiber of my being. Beyblade helped me learn how to organize events, improvise in case the situation went awry, find new ways time after time to raise the excitement of the event, and act social toward others and really put myself out there to make not only the kids feel welcome, but the parents too. All skills that I utilize to this day and would not have developed to the extent that I have now without Beyblade.

I was fortunate enough to have such good friends that they were accepting of my hobby. Sure, there would be teasing and poking fun at it, but they still supported my hobby in the end. That's definitely not something that people in high school can always say, so I know I can call myself lucky due to that alone.

My beyspirit is out now though. I leave this post more as a swan song: I won't forget the amount of time and memories I have with Beyblade and the memories I cherish as a result, and how much it shaped my development during a critical point in time. I got nostalgic recently and decided to visit the site to see how it's been doing, and it's as strong as ever! Y'all are incredible. I realized that I never properly said goodbye, so this is it.

Never be ashamed of this hobby: if one acts in the pursuit of something they love, what a shame it is to squander any chance one could have to further their intimacy with it. If Beyblade is an integral part of you right now as a person, then it is an integral part: hiding it due to shame is a disservice only to yourself.

My Driger MS is sitting comfortably in my backpack. This is Ga', signing off.
Thanks for checking in to leave us such a kind message Smile

It's sad to see so many members leaving lately, but there's been a surprising amount of newcomers as well and I am sure that is only going to increase. That's just the way communities like this go!
Ah, it really sucks to see you go. It is really great to see you soing so well. Thanks for such a kind message, and thanks for all that you did for us.
I was in a place where it was hard to get net and that's why I couldn't post over the weekend.

Anyways, this is going to be a tough week at school so I'm probably not posting unless it's on my tournament thread. Otherwise see you this weekend known to some as Fall Break.
I. Am. Still. Here.

Well actually I just returned.

Again.

For real this time though, next Sunday expect Season 2 of Beyblade Squad Battles.
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:32 PM)Kawaii Karp Wrote: I. Am. Still. Here.

Well actually I just returned.

Again.

For real this time though, next Sunday expect Season 2 of Beyblade Squad Battles.

Welcome back to the wbo~
I was never a super active user, but I plan on being one now. I guess this is a coming back of sorts?
(Oct. 14, 2015  3:30 AM)Redemption Wrote: I was never a super active user, but I plan on being one now. I guess this is a coming back of sorts?

I do not remember you, but your previous posts seem really solid. I look forward to awarding you the Amethyst Face eventually hah.
(Oct. 14, 2015  3:30 AM)Redemption Wrote: I was never a super active user, but I plan on being one now. I guess this is a coming back of sorts?

I hope you become as active as me.
Well, it seems my interest in Beyblade is finally dying down. I've been fairly busy, or at least fairly busy by my standards, recently, and I just haven't been motivated to come on here or play with my beyblades. I always remember seeing other members say these exact same words and thinking "how could they leave!? This place is awesome!" Well, this place is awesome, but I find myself being pulled to other things, other hobbies, and Beyblade just doesn't have that magic it used to, which my sentimentality should have a field day with.

I'm not disappearing for good, I'll just be in the background, checking in once every few days, making a post here and there. Heck, maybe I'll get back into it all. But if anyone still even remembers me, goodbye-ish but not really!
(Oct. 17, 2015  5:04 AM)Dual Wrote: Well, it seems my interest in Beyblade is finally dying down. I've been fairly busy, or at least fairly busy by my standards, recently, and I just haven't been motivated to come on here or play with my beyblades. I always remember seeing other members say these exact same words and thinking "how could they leave!? This place is awesome!" Well, this place is awesome, but I find myself being pulled to other things, other hobbies, and Beyblade just doesn't have that magic it used to, which my sentimentality should have a field day with.

I'm not disappearing for good, I'll just be in the background, checking in once every few days, making a post here and there. Heck, maybe I'll get back into it all. But if anyone still even remembers me, goodbye-ish but not really!
Wow, all the cool users from when I joined are leaving
... Unhappy

WELP