Getting a lubricated launcher.

I'm cheap, I just sprayed canola cooking oil in the ripcord hole. XD
the best way to lube a launcher (illegal for tournment play)

open up the launcher

use canned air to blow out any dust/debris
(very very important)

then spray 2 quick puffs of aerosol silicone spray on the mechanical side of the launcher (use the best you can find, it’s usually called something like “extreme duty silicone lubricant”)

2 ultra quick puffs from about a foot away
that’s it.

wear gloves and a mask and do it outside

make sure you don’t spray too much in there
it will cause a disaster and gunk up everything

you will be shocked what a difference this makes for more mechincal launchers like the beylauncher LR and DSL

it’s literally night and day
(Jun. 20, 2018  5:08 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: mytmys

Umm... Wut...
(Jun. 20, 2018  2:42 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: the best way to lube a launcher (illegal for tournment play)

open up the launcher

use canned air to blow out any dust/debris
(very very important)

then spray 2 quick puffs of aerosol silicone spray on the mechanical side of the launcher (use the best you can find, it’s usually called something like “extreme duty silicone lubricant”)

2 ultra quick puffs from about a foot away
that’s it.

wear gloves and a mask and do it outside

make sure you don’t spray too much in there
it will cause a disaster and gunk up everything

you will be shocked what a difference this makes for more mechincal launchers like the beylauncher LR and DSL

it’s literally night and day
That would be an illegal mod. Not allowed for tournament play.

(Jun. 20, 2018  2:08 PM)TheFireBlader Wrote: I'm cheap, I just sprayed canola cooking oil in the ripcord hole. XD
Please do not necro 8 year-old threads unless it is relevant.
Pretty sure this was discussed before but for string launchers it is actually legal to put a wd-40 type of lubricant into the metal coil inside the launcher. Unless the rules were updated on this (which they probably we're) I'm almost certain it's legal, though what you did, spraying cooking oil or whatever in the launcher makes it illegal, it can't be like oozing in lubricant LOL.