General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Go performapals hey what's every body's favorite way to summon I love syncrho
what the title says. episode 1 dropped yesterday and with sparking I honestly forgot about it, but I'm watching it now. if you're also watching it, chat about it here.
that depends on the yu gi oh your talking about
(Apr. 05, 2020  5:57 PM)powerboi Wrote: that depends on the yu gi oh your talking about

wdym? I'm talking about yugioh sevens. the one that started on the 3rd
Jumping in on the Sevens bandwagon. Honestly, the first episode gave me really good impressions. A world full of strict master dueling so it's up to an elementary school kid to give duelists more freedom through rush dueling? Pretty cool.

Also how Yuga OTK'd with Sevens Road Magician, with 7000 ATK, with a duel disk shaped like a seven. Also cool.

I just hope the rush dueling mechanic makes it more fun than actual boring. I gave up midway through VRAINS just because duels were taking 2-3 episodes and it was monotonous.

Rush Dueling personally appeals to me because of how easy to grasp on and I don't really need a lot of strategy. It's basically a beefed up Speed Duel.
I feel like yu-gi-oh sevens is aimed at younger kids to try and get more people involved as it is less complicated and easier to grasp the rules etc
Not gonna lie Shadowverse had a better first episode.
Pacing was indeed a bit weird, kinda jarred off of main plot.

(Apr. 09, 2020  10:08 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: I feel like yu-gi-oh sevens is aimed at younger kids to try and get more people involved as it is less complicated and easier to grasp the rules etc

That's because it is targeted for younger kids.
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:32 PM)peek Wrote: Pacing was indeed a bit weird, kinda jarred off of main plot.

(Apr. 09, 2020  10:08 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: I feel like yu-gi-oh sevens is aimed at younger kids to try and get more people involved as it is less complicated and easier to grasp the rules etc

that is litterally what i was saying
(Apr. 09, 2020  8:36 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  2:32 PM)peek Wrote: Pacing was indeed a bit weird, kinda jarred off of main plot.

that is litterally what i was saying

Yeah, the way that you said made it look like you were unsure if it was targeted for kids or not.

Besides that, the opening is a banger! It's like Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town, albeit a tolerable variant of it.
Does this need its own thread or is there an existing Yu-Gi-Oh anime thread I can and should move it into?
(Apr. 09, 2020  9:11 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Does this need its own thread or is there an existing Yu-Gi-Oh anime thread I can and should move it into?
well yu-gi-oh sevens is a new anime series same as there is a different thread for all the beybalde series, so i feel like it should get its own as well.
(Apr. 09, 2020  9:12 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  9:11 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Does this need its own thread or is there an existing Yu-Gi-Oh anime thread I can and should move it into?
well yu-gi-oh sevens is a new anime series same as there is a different thread for all the beybalde series, so i feel like it should get its own as well.

I mean, if this was the WYO and not the WBO, that might be close to being true. I am exiling this thread into the three years dormant General Yu-Gi-Oh thread in Media! Have fun with that.
Since the Rush Duel mats have an extra deck zone, what extra deck monsters will be in Sevens? They could introduce a new summon or a fusion monster. Though I would like to say Extra deck summons under rush dueling would get insane, though kinda limited since you have 3 monster zones.
Anyone else still watching Sevens here? I'm liking it alot. Just saw the 18th episode finish premiering live, excited for Yuga vs Massage Chair lol.
(Oct. 03, 2020  12:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Anyone else still watching Sevens here? I'm liking it alot. Just saw the 18th episode finish premiering live, excited for Yuga vs Massage Chair lol.

No I don't watch sevens anymore since its just yugioh duel links lol
(Oct. 08, 2020  9:17 PM)Ali Baba Wrote: I made a Cyberse link-5 boss monster. It's too op? https://imgur.com/a/3MF1sGP
You think that's op I got you 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dsTpbJXouHUMDSyp9
Slowly getting back into Yu-Gi-Oh! and whatnot. Although I kinda feel like its been dead lately, I nevertheless want to talk about it. Thus, I have some random thoughts:

* Unlike Pokémon TCG, I dont play the game. I did play with a Cyber Dragon deck at some point, but as of now I like collecting the cards and looking at their artwork (theyre eye candy)
* Revisiting YGO, I just realized that pricing/selling the cards isnt as very fun as Pokémon. It seems that YGO’s only valuable cards are the original ones printed years ago. That makes most of my cards worth only 6 cents (USD). But hey, Ill probably keep them forever
* Did link monsters kill the game? Maybe where I live, yes — people I know ignore the new field layout and pretend that links never existed. Im personally not a fan of links myself but the card design looks nice
* I dont have a specific archetype I like (maybe Infernoids or Cyber Dragon?). I mostly like support/non-archetypes such as Lindbloom, Al-Lumi’Raj, and Zombyra the Dark i.e.