General Monsuno Thread

This is for discussing MONSUNO it's this new TCG/Action Figure game I picked up a couple at target today. It's a mix of Beyblade/Bakugan/Pokemon. I bought DriftBlade and BackSlash. there is also a TV show on nicktoons.
That would belong in the Media forum.
The toys look like the least inspired creation ever.
I saw some of these today, and I really have to agree with To... they seem to've very much ripped off every other series on their aisle(Pokémon, Beyblade, and Bakugan) in TRU.
(Mar. 03, 2012  1:13 AM)BLAZE-∞™ Wrote: I bought DriftBlade and BackSlash.
I saw them for the first time this morning , I wonder if you could use the stadium to bey blade in?It is a mystery
(Mar. 10, 2012  7:20 PM)ScottPilgrimWBA Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2012  1:13 AM)BLAZE-∞™ Wrote: I bought DriftBlade and BackSlash.
I saw them for the first time this morning , I wonder if you could use the stadium to bey blade in?It is a mystery
I found the stadium at my local target, for a split second I thought it was an actual beyblade stadium until I noticed it said "monsuno" on it. XD
So Far East Movement did the show's theme song

Wait, wut? The song itself is kind of awkwardly done (if they had to use the song I would've started it at 28 secs in) and given the target demo won't know who Far East Movement are it makes it a very confusing decision.
I love monsuno I want Charger(the moose not the car) he and BackSlash are my Favorite Monsuno.
(Mar. 10, 2012  11:13 PM)kev1 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2012  7:20 PM)ScottPilgrimWBA Wrote: I saw them for the first time this morning , I wonder if you could use the stadium to bey blade in?It is a mystery
I found the stadium at my local target, for a split second I thought it was an actual beyblade stadium until I noticed it said "monsuno" on it. XD

That's exactly what I thought! I was like "Wow Hasbro, new stadium, I likey!" And then I picked it up and saw Monsuno and was like "...." -__- I feel like trying it anywats though haha.
If it was curved on the inside, like a bowl, it would be like a Hasbro/SpinMaster Stadium, but better.
I want a monsuno action figure soooo bad,but my mom is to lazy to take me to the store! : p
I just got Lock! I had to work my but of doing choars to get it though Pinching_eyes_2
I have 4: Lock, Evo, Wind____ and Backslash(?)
I felt the same way about the opening for Monsuno that I did for Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal opening. The high-techy singing put me off at first but I have to admit, it's gotten to me and I like it a lot.

I'v yet to buy any seeing how I don't really know how the game works and the names are confusing.
(Mar. 31, 2012  12:56 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: That opening song was interesting.
Anyway, can somebody explain to me how to play this and WHAT this is, exactly? It looks like Bakugan.

But yeah, that Monsuno stadium screams "BEYBLADE" right in my face.

A very obvious cash-in by a company who saw the green Hasbro and Spin Masters were pulling in and decided they wanted some of it.

I honestly don't even know why you need to spin the toys other than it being "cool". It's not like Bakugan where these monsters have hidden G power, and where the roll ends dictates the use of a card. In Monsuno it seems the only reason you spin the toys is to summon them? Err, all the toys have card counterparts, why is that needed? Well that's the funny thing, for Monsuno there's a version of the game where you don't need the toys at all. Amazing.

This project since announcement nearly two years ago has always rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed very "Me too!" and I think the product is showing that.

I wanna try out that stadium,its tempting to buy. It looks a lot better than Hasbro Stadiums for sure,thats sort of sad too.
What does it look like? Someone post a link/picture...
(Apr. 06, 2012  12:37 AM)TheInGreek Wrote: What does it look like? Someone post a link/picture...

Can you really not type "Monsuno" into google?
I see. They put up videos on the game:

I still think it's amazing that in the highest level of play the main gimmick of this series (the weird toys) are not used at all.
(Apr. 06, 2012  12:37 AM)TheInGreek Wrote: What does it look like? Someone post a link/picture...

it looks sorta awkward in this pic... but here you go anyways.

http://www.monsuno.com/products/accessor...bat-arena/
I think one of the worst things about it is just the absolutely horrible quality of the toys, since they are effectively collector fluff to accompany the game. There's basically no real detail on any of them...
You can't actually Beybattle in that stadium by the way. It's completely flat, and has floor level exits.
I bought a 2-pack of Monsuno toys today at my local Target. The main reason why I'm getting into Monsuno is because I want something to fill in the gap that Bakugan left last January, so Monsuno's the next best thing to keep me interested. I think the game is unique (other than copying Beyblade's stadiums) and I think it'll eventually become a big hit.

BTW, which has a stronger launch power? The Strike Launcher or the Auto Strike Multi-Lancher?