General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

A few years ago Hasbro sold them for $6-7. $14 a double pack.
They did that a month ago for my local area, but it went back up.
(Jun. 10, 2014  7:32 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: They did that a month ago for my local area, but it went back up.

Hasbro is overcharging for technically 'inferior' products.
(not performance wise, but color wise and show accurate.)
(Jun. 10, 2014  8:35 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  7:32 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: They did that a month ago for my local area, but it went back up.

If it was like Metal Fury again (non-Hyperblades), then I'd be up for complaints, but as you said; it's not inferior for performance, it's "inferior" because of opinion.

You can paint a Beyblade to make it more "show accurate", but you can't make a Hasbro Jade good. Tongue_out
(Jun. 10, 2014  8:56 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  8:35 PM)Neo~ Wrote:

If it was like Metal Fury again (non-Hyperblades), then I'd be up for complaints, but as you said; it's not inferior for performance, it's "inferior" because of opinion.

You can paint a Beyblade to make it more "show accurate", but you can't make a Hasbro Jade good. Tongue_out

Well I meant inferior as 'not the right color'.
If it performs the same, color is the only difference.
(Jun. 10, 2014  11:11 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  8:56 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  8:35 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Hasbro is overcharging for technically 'inferior' products.

Again, as you said; it preforms the same. One can simply paint or even die parts of the Beyblade to the color of their choice, so it's really not "overcharging". A good amount of the recolors in Shogun Steel have actually received praise.

If having accurate color is that big of a deal to some, try ordering Takara Tomy through eBay or Amazon, to find the right colors.
This is one (and by far the best) of the Beyblade Shop's featured tweets I saw this past week:

[Image: 7AT7hWH.jpg]

So I guess nobody actually proofs any of the "#beyspirit" posts...?
(Jun. 11, 2014  1:43 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  11:11 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2014  8:56 PM)Leone19 Wrote: If it was like Metal Fury again (non-Hyperblades), then I'd be up for complaints, but as you said; it's not inferior for performance, it's "inferior" because of opinion.

Again, as you said; it preforms the same. One can simply paint or even die parts of the Beyblade to the color of their choice, so it's really not "overcharging". A good amount of the recolors in Shogun Steel have actually received praise.

If having accurate color is that big of a deal to some, try ordering Takara Tomy through eBay or Amazon, to find the right colors.

You are forgetting not everyone can order online.
Then they can simply paint it to make it more show accurate.

Hasbro's products are not really overpriced, just because some are recolors.
(Jun. 13, 2014  2:11 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Then they can simply paint it to make it more show accurate.

What if they wanted a CLEAR Hades Clear Wheel but can only get a blue one? And I don't mean by painting it white either I mean actually being translucent.
(Jun. 13, 2014  2:11 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Then they can simply paint it to make it more show accurate.

Painting it would add to the cost.
I just think a Hasbro Bey should cost $4, and they need to stop selling launchers.
Probably add a launcher $4, a proper LL2.
(Jun. 13, 2014  7:09 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: This is one (and by far the best) of the Beyblade Shop's featured tweets I saw this past week:

[Image: 7AT7hWH.jpg]

So I guess nobody actually proofs any of the "#beyspirit" posts...?

Even outside of the context of beyblade that tweet doesn't make any sense... I see references to YuGioh, Pokemon, Beyblade, Video games and who knows what else....
So apparently my two orders from The Beyblade Shop I placed a few days ago were canceled due to technical issues...

Greeeaat.
Damn..good thing I waited. Did you get a refund at least?
At least we are not into the rares yet ...
Yeah, I got my money and everything, but it's pretty disappointing since I was really looking forward to those tees.

This is honestly going to make me a bit more hesitant on ordering in the future, but hopefully it was just a glitch/mistake, since the site is so new.
(Jun. 14, 2014  1:35 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Yeah, I got my money and everything, but it's pretty disappointing since I was really looking forward to those tees.

This is honestly going to make me a bit more hesitant on ordering in the future, but hopefully it was just a glitch/mistake, since the site is so new.

I got another email from them:

So apparently, the two designs I ordered (Retro Beyblade Master and Bit Beast Beyblade Attack) were removed by designers, but apparently not taken down.

Not sure how this happened, but they did let me know they'd wave shipping on my next order.

Yet, both items I ordered still show up online and the Amazon page...

EDIT: Meant to edit, not reply- my bad, haha.
(Jun. 21, 2014  2:44 AM)Time Wrote: That would be a dranzer v that I see
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBeybladeSh...1389058048

Cool and all...
But you can get a Korean one for 11.50$ on eBay.
If only they had like; Dragoon GT or something rare.
I think it's not so much about pricing, but more about the fact that there's hope that they will start selling plastics.
(Jun. 21, 2014  3:36 AM)Du@l Wrote: I think it's not so much about pricing, but more about the fact that there's hope that they will start selling plastics.

Just the idea that they MAY have the molds...
It's amazing.
What if Hasbro made newly molded plastic gens during TT's hiatus??
So at my local Target, all BeyRaiderz items are a good $2-$5 off regular price, assumingly due to poor sales.

I've noticed at my local TRU, no actual Beyblades (aside from stadiums) have been there/stocked since around the end of April... they've only had Warriors and Raiderz, all full price, except for the Warriors BeyLocker Case and the Octagon Set. Haven't seen the manager, so I wasn't able to ask what was going on.

Anyone else have TRU's like this?
My local Toys "R" Us is definitely just full of BeyWheelz/BeyWarriors/etc. and no actual Beyblade at all. The shelf space also appears smaller than for when they had Beyblades in stock ...
(Jun. 22, 2014  1:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: My local Toys "R" Us is definitely just full of BeyWheelz/BeyWarriors/etc. and no actual Beyblade at all. The shelf space also appears smaller than for when they had Beyblades in stock ...

Last Sunday, I went to my local Toys R Us, and saw exactly what you saw. Hasbro's Beyblade Remakes galore. Despite that, I was still able to see a couple of Shogun Steel Beyblades, though the amount of them wasn't even comparable to the amount of Beyraiderz and BeyWarriors.
My local stores (including Toys R Us) had loads of Beyblades in them. Loads of Zero G and a few MFB.

Not sure if that's a bad thing...