General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

This is a shot in the dark, but is there a chance that Hasbro may actually save the 4D Beyblades until 2013, and used these merged ones as peg filler until then? I say this because BeyWheelz seems to be airing before Metal Fury, and by the time it should be done I doubt many of the big name Metal Fury Beys will still be on store shelves.
(Aug. 04, 2012  10:42 PM)To Wrote: This is a shot in the dark, but is there a chance that Hasbro may actually save the 4D Beyblades until 2013, and used these merged ones as peg filler until then? I say this because BeyWheelz seems to be airing before Metal Fury, and by the time it should be done I doubt many of the big name Metal Fury Beys will still be on store shelves.

There is actually a chance now because, originally, Beyblade Metal Fury was supposed to air right after Metal Masters, but why make them all Starters ? Boosters would have served this purpose in a much better way, and it seems like much more than Hasbro would be willing to spend ... Basically do the same Beyblades twice, but go as far as completely changing the molds for all of the Metal Wheels ? I thought someone like Brad had said that molds were considerably expensive ...
(Aug. 05, 2012  2:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2012  10:42 PM)To Wrote: This is a shot in the dark, but is there a chance that Hasbro may actually save the 4D Beyblades until 2013, and used these merged ones as peg filler until then? I say this because BeyWheelz seems to be airing before Metal Fury, and by the time it should be done I doubt many of the big name Metal Fury Beys will still be on store shelves.

There is actually a chance now because, originally, Beyblade Metal Fury was supposed to air right after Metal Masters, but why make them all Starters ? Boosters would have served this purpose in a much better way, and it seems like much more than Hasbro would be willing to spend ... Basically do the same Beyblades twice, but go as far as completely changing the molds for all of the Metal Wheels ? I thought someone like Brad had said that molds were considerably expensive ...

Plus changing the molds changes the preformace ALOT lower or a wee higher. I can also see that later on they would release the original molds. Maybe choking hazards or something preventing this?

I think Hasbro would kinda be forced to release TT's molds do to the fact that they would have to edit a whole lot of the Anime.
So releasing only the original would have cost a lot less ...
(Aug. 05, 2012  3:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So releasing only the original would have cost a lot less ...

True, but possible they didn't have enough (what am I even saying?) money, and needed the profit for more expensive stuff.

Yes, the mold changes is what makes my theory very dubious because of the cost to modify molds. However, it seems Nelvana and Hasbro are going to push BeyWheelz this fall instead of the new range of Metal Fury. It makes sense since BeyWheelz hasn't been established yet (unlike the normal Beyblade products) and it'll need the publicity for the holidays. I can see Hasbro releasing these modified 4D Beyblades as product filler for the regular range while they focus on BeyWheelz for the holidays before launching the proper range of Metal Fury tops next year.

As for your point saying Hasbro should have just released the proper 4D line instead of these quasi-but not really 4D ones there's a point to argue there too. As mentioned earlier, it looks like BeyWheelz is the big holiday Beyblade push in North America. But the proper 4D tops were a major refresh of the line in Japan, and would certainly warrant marketing in the west. This would explain the segmented launch. Hasbro would release these not really 4D tops to keep regular Beyblades on store shelves (as to not surrender space to other competing toylines) while they push BeyWheelz before bringing the real 4D line. As I said before, these not really 4D tops could be just a filler line like the Legends series was that was meant to bridge the gap.

Of course everything I've said is speculation.
But really, many parents will tell their kids : "Hey, what you're asking me to buy for you ("Big Bang Pegasis FGrin") is exactly what you already own (Cosmic Pegasus)." This cannot be a good marketing strategy ...
(Aug. 05, 2012  4:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But really, many parents will tell their kids : "Hey, what you're asking me to buy for you ("Big Bang Pegasis FGrin") is exactly what you already own (Cosmic Pegasus)." This cannot be a good marketing strategy ...

You realize their XTS line is based on that same strategy of selling kids a weird version of a top they may already own, right? Tongue_out If they market the differences that the 4D bottoms bring I can see it working out.
Perhaps it really is Hasbro selling early design (pre-production) models Takara had planned out before finalizing 4D?
(Aug. 05, 2012  4:54 AM)Beyblade mau5 Wrote: Or maybe it's genius and we just don't realize it

Buying two of a similar product is an ingenious idea?

(Aug. 05, 2012  4:55 AM)To Wrote: You realize their XTS line is based on that same strategy of selling kids a weird version of a top they may already own, right? Tongue_out If they market the differences that the 4D bottoms bring I can see it working out.

But XTS do not look the same as normal Beyblades. So even a parent would be able to see the difference. The problem between the two different Beyblade molds is that there are only minor differences Lips_sealed
But they really arnt simalar especially the ones with 4D bottoms. They are like. Whole new bey.
(Aug. 05, 2012  4:55 AM)Syncrystal Wrote: Perhaps it really is Hasbro selling early design (pre-production) models Takara had planned out before finalizing 4D?

Not at all, hah. By the time Scythe was being planned, Big Bang was probably all done and 'manufactured', so there is no way at all your theory works, because mode-change was the designated gimmick of 4D since the beginning.

Tornado Battlers at least look strongly different and even have different colours. Cosmic Pegasus has the same colours as a Big Bang Pegasis, essentially, and the Track and Bottom are not necessarily what parents will look for.
(Aug. 05, 2012  4:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But really, many parents will tell their kids : "Hey, what you're asking me to buy for you ("Big Bang Pegasis FGrin") is exactly what you already own (Cosmic Pegasus)." This cannot be a good marketing strategy ...
Most parents can't tell the difference. I took a survey lol

Yep, in most cases a Dragoon is a Gaia Dragoon is an L-Drago is a Dragonis is a Dragooon and such. In more extreeme cases, an Orion is a Leone is a Byxis aswell.
Most parents really can't be asked to tell them apart so Big Bang Pegasus would seem no more similar to Cosmic Pegasus than to Burn Fireblaze.

For once, this could be a good thing.
(Aug. 05, 2012  4:56 AM)Insomniac Wrote: Buying two of a similar product is an ingenious idea?

Zero-G says hi

How is Zero-G doing in Japan anyway?
Got Beat Lynx AD145WD, it's henceforth known as Cookie Cutter Beat because of how thin the base profile is...
Cartoon Network threw a (forget wrenches!) crowbar into my theory, haha. They could be airing Metal Fury this year.
(Aug. 05, 2012  3:29 PM)Ingulit Wrote: How is Zero-G doing in Japan anyway?

I do not think there have been any financial reports from TAKARA-TOMY yet.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/dragonballzcentr..._559222168

Now, this image is already known, but Hasbro Jade might be the lightest of them all just looking at that design. It's too apparent.
Of course, it only has half the sections (only the upper half) from the original Jade, and no metal balls.
Does anyone know that

are we able to make a flower pattern in the new hasbro stadiums?
(Aug. 06, 2012  5:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Of course, it only has half the sections (only the upper half) from the original Jade, and no metal balls.

When I first saw a picture of the Hasbro Jade Jupiter, I saw that it has two metal balls, rather than four.
Also my comment on Hasbro Jade is of concern to how frail it looks in the middle...