General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

(Aug. 04, 2011  9:51 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: The beypointer is redundant and completely useless, I don't see why people fail to realize that... And same here with the RGL, hopefully it will be as powerful as a Beylauncher.
I just had to create a 500 character rant on YouTube explaining how this is true. Seriously, if certain people would wise up and come and read here for a change, the world would be so much better, IMO.
@Kaioya That would be the only reason I want one, but I have a 3 Seg and a BeyPoint card to match up <--Off-topic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnZtr60Xeyw
Unboxing of the RGL, it makes a stupid noise when you "Let It Rip" ugh. Anyways, I asked illinuc if it's more powerful than a Beylauncher, we'll see his input later.
(Aug. 04, 2011  10:16 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnZtr60Xeyw
Unboxing of the RGL, it makes a stupid noise when you "Let It Rip" ugh. Anyways, I asked illinuc if it's more powerful than a Beylauncher, we'll see his input later.
Yeah, I saw that vid. And if you notice, I have made several rant comments on that video Uncertain
Off-topic:
@Coasters: I'm avoiding 3SLGs like the plague. I just like the original. <even more off-topic

Rai: UGH WHY MUST IT MAKE THAT NOISE
I'd probably just turn the thing off and use it. Tongue_out
guys look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM3qrMKS...detailpage
(Aug. 04, 2011  9:51 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: And same here with the RGL, hopefully it will be as powerful as a Beylauncher.

You realize that it had been released a long time ago by takara tomy.
(Aug. 04, 2011  11:01 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2011  9:51 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: And same here with the RGL, hopefully it will be as powerful as a Beylauncher.

Of course he knows... except the winder/ripcord is shorter than the TT counterpart. That's where the doubt comes in.
(Aug. 04, 2011  11:04 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote:

Of course he knows... except the winder/ripcord is shorter than the TT counterpart. That's where the doubt comes in.

Then if the original is weaker than a beylauncher, what gives the idea that hasbro's shorter winder will be more powerful?
It looks like it has more teeth, but that's just me.
(Aug. 04, 2011  11:05 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2011  11:04 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote:

Then if the original is weaker than a beylauncher, what gives the idea that hasbro's shorter winder will be more powerful?

IIRC, the DPL is supposedly more powerful than the beylauncher. But even so, there's that teeth-to-gear ratio. The LL2 ripcord is shorter, yet is more powerful than a light launcher, which has is longer ripcord. What differs is the teeth on the ripcords. Excuse the data if it's wrong :p

Could anyone count the revolutions in that video? I'm curious to know; I couldn't count it.
Alrighty, I just picked up the RGL, and it looks like it does ABOUT 4 and a half rotations. Not too impressive, but I guess it's safe to say that it is not as powerful as a Beylauncher. CARPIT Unhappy
(Aug. 05, 2011  1:30 AM)Kaioya Wrote: Alrighty, I just picked up the RGL, and it looks like it does ABOUT 4 and a half rotations. Not too impressive, but I guess it's safe to say that it is not as powerful as a Beylauncher. CARPIT Unhappy

4 1/2 hmm? Well, it's more than the light launcher. And the DPL does how much? Although, hearing this, it seems I'll be buying a DPL rather than the RGL. Have you done any testing?
(Aug. 05, 2011  1:39 AM)GPerseus Master Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2011  1:30 AM)Kaioya Wrote: Alrighty, I just picked up the RGL, and it looks like it does ABOUT 4 and a half rotations. Not too impressive, but I guess it's safe to say that it is not as powerful as a Beylauncher. CARPIT Unhappy

4 1/2 hmm? Well, it's more than the light launcher. And the DPL does how much? Although, hearing this, it seems I'll be buying a DPL rather than the RGL. Have you done any testing?

The most I've done is just mess around with Galaxy Pegasis. It seems that in terms of power, it goes Beylauncher, RGL/LL2 (I didn't see much difference between them), and LL. I dunno if that counts as testing, but at least it's something.
If anything, I'd at least do some solo-spin time testing using the RGL, BeyLauncher, and LL2.
Well if the RGL is as powerful than the LL2, that's at least one good thing.
Here are the solo spin times for Hell Kerbecs BD145WD. Decided to use a stamina combo cuz I like stamina. Cute I threw in results for a Beylauncher LR so we could get a better idea of how good/bad it is.

Stadium used- BB-10. No special gear, just launchers.

Beylauncher LR SST: 2:41
Beylauncher SST: 2:47
LL2 SST: 2:29
RGL SST: 2:30

I thought I didn't see much difference. Tongue_out I was quite surprised that the Beylauncher got better results than the Beylauncher LR, since I've heard LR has more power. Eh, according to these tests, the only reason you'd want to use this is if you don't have access to a Beylauncher. Anyone else is free to test. Smile

Wow, that's good. For Hasbro, I mean. When you think about it, 17 seconds isn't a lot...but then again, it is.

So I guess we can say that the RGL is the Hasbro equivalent of Takara-Tomy's LL L/R.
An 11 second difference isn't that bad. since I have a Beylauncher L, I might not need it, but I like to have a winder based launcher. I like them way more!
That sound the "Rip Gauge Launcher" makes is so much better than what TAKARA-TOMY's Digital Power Launcher does. With the latter, it lasts so long and it makes it sound like you just lost a lot of potential power ...

Kaioya, you should achieve a higher solo spin time with the Beylauncher if you are really using Hell Kerbecs BD145WD ... Some of them can go up to four minutes as far as I know.
(Aug. 05, 2011  3:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That sound the "Rip Gauge Launcher" makes is so much better than what TAKARA-TOMY's Digital Power Launcher does. With the latter, it lasts so long and it makes it sound like you just lost a lot of potential power ...

Kaioya, you should achieve a higher solo spin time with the Beylauncher if you are really using Hell Kerbecs BD145WD ... Some of them can go up to four minutes as far as I know.

Must be bad minute mold.
(Aug. 05, 2011  4:34 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Must be bad minute mold.

Or the Beylauncher is not used to its maximum.
Not sure if this is important, but a challenger grip from kmart w/ torch aries is on youtube. On HTC Evo so cant link it.
We know about them, but it'd be kind of cool to see it.
Found it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udpp0rL-CVs
Meh, the glove is cool. The red grip is too, but it sucks they gave us a useless bey with it. :\ Face isn't even printed.
(Aug. 04, 2011  10:23 PM)BLAZING DRAGON Wrote: guys look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM3qrMKS...detailpage

READ AROUND...THIS HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE..
*cough*
I think you should look at the link...
Or are you not talking to me?