General Chess Thread

Use this thread to talk about anything related to the game of chess.

You can discuss the best games you have played, strategies, counters, etc.

You can also register on chess.com/livechess to play live chess with other registered users.

And finally, dont hesitate to post even if you are not a very good player. I am not a grandmaster either XD. I sucked at it till last week. However, I played way too many games in those seven days and finally got the hang of it(and I am still an average player).
ive won some school chess tourneys and am a great player
i am definetely above average
id like to participate in this thread.
i think we should have chess instructors and i will volunteer i know many techniques and would love to share them with everyone else

we should have 3 more instructers that are above average
I play chess! Grin I used to be on my school's chess team, that is, until I moved. I'm a little out of practice, but that's not to say I was even that great to begin with. Hah. I play occasionally now, on my phone's app, but besides that, I haven't competed in a while. But, I do miss playing competitively with a timer. What about you guys? Do you prefer playing with a timer?
(Aug. 14, 2012  12:44 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I play chess! Grin I used to be on my school's chess team, that is, until I moved. I'm a little out of practice, but that's not to say I was even that great to begin with. Hah. I play occasionally now, on my phone's app, but besides that, I haven't competed in a while. But, I do miss playing competitively with a timer. What about you guys? Do you prefer playing with a timer?
i play with a timer all the time its very comptetive and its easy to write down the moves too as i said once we get some more instructors we can have lessons like how to write down your moves
Me and my friends played afterschool. We always did 2 out of 3 and I always won
(Aug. 14, 2012  12:56 AM)kyoyatategami Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2012  12:44 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I play chess! Grin I used to be on my school's chess team, that is, until I moved. I'm a little out of practice, but that's not to say I was even that great to begin with. Hah. I play occasionally now, on my phone's app, but besides that, I haven't competed in a while. But, I do miss playing competitively with a timer. What about you guys? Do you prefer playing with a timer?
i play with a timer all the time its very comptetive and its easy to write down the moves too as i said once we get some more instructors we can have lessons like how to write down your moves

I hate writing down the moves. It's so tedious, but hey, it's necessary.
youll get used to it
I started playing chess some 6 years ago, i was not very interested in it..,though now i am.. I donot play it regularly, but few years back i used to play it a lot., wining or losing never bothered me.. 3 years back i won a collage tournament, i got a certificate by our principal.. Before this i've also won another tourney organised by 'monfort brothers of saint gabriel'. I 90% of the times lose with my small bro, well he had taught me the game, but at tourneys i somehow defeate him.
Many more stories to tell...
I believe for my age group, I am above average, but I'm definitely not the best. It would be interesting to try playing against some of you though! My username is Pockyx3, just like on this website.
I play from my friend's fake account because I haven't yet activated me FB account XD. My username(currently) is podar (after my school's name, which sucks at most things, so it wont matter if I suck at chess with that account XD).

I played a 1|0 Lightning Tournament today. And although I lost all close games and ended up in bottom 5, I enjoyed it a lot. That is the most thrilling and exciting format of Chess ever. If you get a chance, do participate in one.
I play chess a lot, my favorite opening is King's Indian Defence.
I play on chess cube.com, it's really easy to useGrin
If you want to improve your chess skills, the Tactics Trainer and Chess Mentor on chess.com will help a lot. Although it will also take a lot of practice to perfect your moves.

Secondly, one of the best moves to do, after your opponent has castled, is to enter into a fiancheto. It works most of the times. Get your bishop to control the diagonal and then attack the pawn right in front of the king with your queen. However, you need to make sure that the diagonal is completely free and that the pawn you are about to kill has no other support.
I find chess a good way to stimulate my brain and thoughts. It helps me unlock my knowledge so I play it the morning before any test I do.
I want to revive this thread. Does anyone have Chess.com account? Do you want to play with me?
I'm not very good, but I like chess as it's for fun.
(Mar. 09, 2021  8:25 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: I want to revive this thread. Does anyone have Chess.com account? Do you want to play with me?

same. i have a few friends who are really good, like checkmate in 10 moves good
(Mar. 09, 2021  8:25 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: I want to revive this thread. Does anyone have Chess.com account? Do you want to play with me?

i'll make one to play with you

anyone wanna play chess.com if so, give me your username
Love Chess. play it everyday
Chess is the best. That's all I have to say
I play on Chess.com
im a noob.
(Mar. 09, 2021  3:51 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote:

i'll make one to play with you

Mine is QwertyNobody. Send me a friend request please
I am still waiting for chess 2 tho, they should nerf the queen in the next chess game
(Mar. 10, 2021  12:49 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: I am still waiting for chess 2 tho, they should nerf the queen in the next chess game

Haha. All you need to do is to invent some kinda Gambit/Opening/Defence that is so overpowered no one else will not use that gambit
(Mar. 10, 2021  12:44 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2021  3:51 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: i'll make one to play with you

Mine is QwertyNobody. Send me a friend request please

K
(Mar. 10, 2021  12:59 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  12:44 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Mine is QwertyNobody. Send me a friend request please

K

Just accepted