General Burst Combo Discussion

General Burst Combo Discussion Thread

This thread is to talk about the Burst combos in the metagame, whether it's to talk about different combos, how parts help different combos, just to talk about burst combos, to post results and anything along those lines.

I've recently been playing around with Odin, so here are some Testings against DeathScyther Spread Survive:

Odin Spread Survive Vs Deathscyther Spread Survive:

Odin:14/20 (4 BF, 10SF)
Deathscyther:6/20 (1 BF, 5SF)

Odin 70% Win Rate

Hato and I collaborated on this thread, so credit to him for this thread too.
could i ask other members of the wbo to test a combo if i don't have the parts?
I dont have any Burst Beyblades but maybe Wyvern Heavy Defense for Defense types, Spriggan Wing Accel/Blow for attack, for Stamina perhaps Wyvern Ring Survive, Balance wise I got nothing. Remember that I haven't tested any of these combos due to me not having any Burst Beys but try them out and reply to this comment and see if it worked because I don't know the results. Anyways for RacingCheetahz I think you could ask others in the post for testing a combo but I think we should both get some Burst Beys
(Nov. 29, 2015  11:12 PM)CodedDelta Wrote: I dont have any Burst Beyblades but maybe Wyvern Heavy Defense for Defense types, Spriggan Wing Accel/Blow for attack, for Stamina perhaps Wyvern Ring Survive, Balance wise I got nothing. Remember that I haven't tested any of these combos due to me not having any Burst Beys but try them out and reply to this comment and see if it worked because I don't know the results. Anyways for RacingCheetahz I think you could ask others in the post for testing a combo but I think we should both get some Burst Beys

Odin is better than Wyvern for stamina, and ORS has been tested IIRC and its not as good as OHD.
Currently my favorite combonation is Valkyrie Heavy Defense. I made this defense type beyblade with stability in mind. The heavy weight of heavy along with the stability of Defense allows for good balance. And Valkyrie, at least from my observations, is one of the most resistant to Bursting. It's been doing really well so far in my test battles. I just need more attack type part to REALLY test it out.

(Off topic, I imagine the Beast for it to be a Valkyrie in heavy armor and a tower shield in one hand and a spear in the other.)
(Dec. 30, 2015  2:42 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Currently my favorite combonation is Valkyrie Heavy Defense. I made this defense type beyblade with stability in mind. The heavy weight of heavy along with the stability of Defense allows for good balance. And Valkyrie, at least from my observations, is one of the most resistant to Bursting. It's been doing really well so far in my test battles. I just need more attack type part to REALLY test it out.

(Off topic, I imagine the Beast for it to be a Valkyrie in heavy armor and a tower shield in one hand and a spear in the other.)

I just see no reason to use VHD over OHD.
I don't have Odin at the moment. My currently collection

Valkyrie Wing Accel
Spriggan Spread Fusion
Kerbeus Central Defense
Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
(Dec. 30, 2015  3:15 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: I don't have Odin at the moment. My currently collection

Valkyrie Wing Accel
Spriggan Spread Fusion
Kerbeus Central Defense
Ragnaruk Heavy Survive

Hm, the only competitive combos you could make from that are Valkyrie/Spriggan Heavy/Spread/Central Accel
If that is the case then Spriggan Central Accel would be my choice, at least for attack types at my disposal.
I would prefer Valkyrie Heavy Survive over Defense for that kind of stationary smash attack combo.
(Dec. 31, 2015  12:21 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: You think so?

Yeah Survive is definitely better than Defense in a stationary attack/stamina. Defense just takes valk's attack ability and *poof* throws it into the trash lol
Okay I see. So in that case wouldn't it be better to use Central instead of Heavy then? Valkyrie Central Survive
(Dec. 31, 2015  1:54 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Okay I see. So in that case wouldn't it be better to use Central instead of Heavy then? Valkyrie Central Survive

No, not really. Central is too light, Heavy being the heaviest disk, being great for Defense and sometimes even Stamina. Smile
(Dec. 31, 2015  1:56 AM)Hato Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2015  1:54 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Okay I see. So in that case wouldn't it be better to use Central instead of Heavy then? Valkyrie Central Survive

No, not really. Central is too light, Heavy being the heaviest disk, being great for Defense and sometimes even Stamina. Smile

So, if I'm making a defense type, which would be better? Survive or Defense? Currently the combonation I'm looking at is Valkyrie Heavy Defense/Survive, going for a defense type with Stability and resistence to bursting. Defense is more stable but all attack potential is thrown out of the window because of it. Survive I feel is less stable, but has better stamina and attack potential.
(Dec. 31, 2015  3:20 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2015  1:56 AM)Hato Wrote:

So, if I'm making a defense type, which would be better? Survive or Defense? Currently the combonation I'm looking at is Valkyrie Heavy Defense/Survive, going for a defense type with Stability and resistence to bursting. Defense is more stable but all attack potential is thrown out of the window because of it. Survive I feel is less stable, but has better stamina and attack potential.

Check out this thread. Valkyrie really isn't good for defense, but if you insist, Defense would be better for a defensive combo.
Check out this thread. Valkyrie really isn't good for defense, but if you insist, Defense would be better for a defensive combo.
[/quote]

Oh okay I see. Thank you for the info. Though currently, I don't have Odin or Wyvern. So what do you reccomend to use in replacement of Valkyrie or a stationary defense type?
(Dec. 31, 2015  9:56 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2015  4:39 AM)Myth Wrote: Check out this thread. Valkyrie really isn't good for defense, but if you insist, Defense would be better for a defensive combo.

Oh okay I see. Thank you for the info. Though currently, I don't have Odin or Wyvern. So what do you reccomend to use in replacement of Valkyrie or a stationary defense type?

You really don't have any good defensive layers for the current meta-game, but Kerbeus was top tier defense before Wyvern came out and out-classed it.

You really don't have any good defensive layers for the current meta-game, but Kerbeus was top tier defense before Wyvern came out and out-classed it.
[/quote]

So Kerbeus Heavy Defense?
Yeah, the purpose of Valkyrie Heavy Survive is to deliver smash attacks at high rotation speed. The point of using Survive instead of Defense is so that it wobbles, potentially uppercutting the opposing Layer from underneath. This has only been shown to be really effective against Deathscyther, though.
(Dec. 31, 2015  6:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, the purpose of Valkyrie Heavy Survive is to deliver smash attacks at high rotation speed. The point of using Survive instead of Defense is so that it wobbles, potentially uppercutting the opposing Layer from underneath. This has only been shown to be really effective against Deathscyther, though.

I actually tested the combo you suggested to me in comparison to the combo I made against Spriggan Central Accel. VHS has a huge win rate in comparison, winning a good 9/10 times. It lso bursted a lot less.
Anyone know any combos for a Attack/Defense Balance type? Right now the Combo I'm using for it is Valkyrie Heavy Defense.

Beys I have to work with right now

Valkyrie Heavy Defense
Spriggan Spread Fusion
Kerbeus Central Defense
Ragnaruk Heavy Survive

I was thinking of maybe switching Heavy for Central as it might support the attack half of the combo. Any suggestions?
I don't know what an "Attack/Defense" combo really means, in this case. Central seems to be a pretty bad Disk all around though.
So you think I should keep it the way it is?

What I mean by Attack/Defense is, a Balace type that deals a lot but can also take a lot. Pretty much a tank. If that's possible to make.
(Jan. 03, 2016  3:17 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: So you think I should keep it the way it is?

What I mean by Attack/Defense is, a Balace type that deals a lot but can also take a lot. Pretty much a tank. If that's possible to make.

There is really no combo currently like that in the Burst meta. The combo that is as of this post dominating the meta is Odin Heavy Defense; strong Defense type, but deals no attacks. That is really the best "tank" as of now. Smile