Genbull Dragooon T125GCF

Poll: Does GCF show potential for tornado staller and/or spin equalizers in the BB-10?

Yes, absolutely
47.73%
Mabye
36.36%
No, its win rates are too poor
15.91%
Total: 100% 44 vote(s)
(Jun. 05, 2013  10:05 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: @ Dark_Mousey: Sure Dark! I'll have 'em up in a few! Smile

Time: I guess I could try it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up...

Here are the tests! Smile

sorry, i didn't mean against the same thing mousy wanted, perhaps one of the bd145rdf things and one of the other stamina ones?
Holy cow theblackdragon, the speed with which you respond to people's requests is phenomenal! Heck, most of the time requests never even get tested, so major kudos to you Grin

(Jun. 05, 2013  10:05 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Here are the tests! Smile

Genbull Dragooon T125GCF vs. Flash Escolpio S130R2F
Dragooon launched first on all launches.
Dragooon: wins, 15/20 (11 KO, 4 OS)
Escolpio: wins, 5/10 (All KO)
Genbull Dragooon T125GCF win rate: 75%

I was actually very suprised at this... Flash was sorta hitting low. I think if flash wasn't so light, it would've won out, since half dragooon's wins were when flash hit but went out first. GCF would catch the tornado ridge and start circling REALLY fast, and R2F would slam it from head on, and then someone usually got KOed (mostly flash).

WOW, that's certainly a surprise, but I can see the logic behind it. Like you said, Flash is too light (good lord that pains me to say, it's as heavy as Basalt for carp's sake) compared to the trucks that are Synchroms, and when trucks move this fast they're hard to stop. Not only that, but this is left-spin, and IIRC it's more difficult to KO left spin with Flash (I think that's the main reason L-Drago Guardian BD145RDF was so popular for awhile, right?). Of course this particular test would be good to be backed up by other testers, but I can totally see how this potentially has the advantage.

(Jun. 06, 2013  1:56 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: [...] Wyvang Wyvang absolutely destroys everything.

True facts are true, lol
I've tried this and I can vouch for it's phenomenal abilities against right spin attack. (I've tried it against Balro Wyvang GB145R2F) The super wide disk on GCF keeps it staying upright so that it regains momentum quickly when hit, usually faster than R2F can. Eventually Dragooon will catch the Attacker in a "stall" and KO. (I believe this is what the OP explained as "...stop it in its tracks, then it just hit it over and over again and wouldn't let it recover"

I just got in a huge lot of Zero-G parts, but I probably won't get to doing some official testing till the weekend or Tuesday. Finals are bogging me down.

Edit: Okay I got some tests done today!

Phoenic Wyvang GB145R2F vs Genbull Dragooon T125GCF
Wyvang: 8/20 (All KO)
Genbull: 12/20 (5 OS, 7 KO)
Genbull Win Rate: 60%

3 Ties Redone

Like I said, this thing recovers very, very quickly.

Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF vs Genbull Dragooon T125GCF
Wyvang: 4/20 (All KO)
Genbull: 16/20 (1 KO, 15 OS)
Genbull Win Rate: 80%

The only hope Dragooon had was to KO. A similar variant without Wyvang probably would get 0% against Genbull.

Killerken Dragooon DF105LRF vs Genbull Dragooon T125GCF
Killerken: 14/20 (1 OS, 13 KO)
Genbull: 6/20 (All OS)
Genbull Win Rate: 30%

1 Tie Redone

Killerken Dragooon was able to get under Genbull Dragooon and pop it out. It is much easier to KO in a same-spin matchup.

I am hesitant to make official tests against certain stamina types ATM, because I'm having trouble getting it to go through the center repeatedly. It will go through the center for the first couple attacks, but then the disk pushes it back into a stall. Am I launching it wrong? Any thoughts?
Would someone mind doing the comparison tests on MF I asked for a few posts up?
(Jun. 06, 2013  4:16 AM)Meow! Wrote: Am I launching it wrong? Any thoughts?

No, you're fine. Tongue_out It's like impossible to get it to KO stuff.

Time: I already did. It would lose horribly to Right-spin RDF combos because of its horrible LAD. It might win against one in left-spin.
Just a question about this combo, can D125 be a replacement piece for T125?
(Jul. 16, 2013  10:13 PM)LMAO Wrote: Just a question about this combo, can D125 be a replacement piece for T125?

Absolutely. Smile I just used T125 because it was what I happened to be using on it when I found out it worked, and it matched colors way better for the video Wink
It lessens its defensive abilities on it a little, but I've really been liking sr200 on this, it puts on those extra couple of rotations that decide spin-equalizing matches and this is just a theory founded in logic because I sold mine to *ginga*, but I believe gf would make this even better, because from experience with GCF the spikes just drain it stamina after touching almost immediately.
Ummm... SR200 would actually lessen its rotations at the end of a battle. :\ I've tried it before.

GF would be awesome if this thing was on a shorter track, or was using BD145, but it doesn't use either, and GF doesn't have anywhere near enough stamina to take out Dragooon zombies, so I think GCF is definitely an overall better choice for this. Smile
From personal experience I don't have actual tests results in my head, but GCF has serious issues out spinning a lot of things in spin-equalizing matches.

Edit: I don't own t125 to compare, but a top-tier stamina track would definitely give more endurance over it.
(Jul. 19, 2013  10:40 PM)Time Wrote: From personal experience I don't have actual tests results in my head, but GCF has serious issues out spinning a lot of things in spin-equalizing matches.

Edit: I don't own t125 to compare, but a top-tier stamina track would definitely give more endurance over it.

T125 is shorter, thus allowing GCF to wobble at lower speeds before it falls onto its edge. It may be true that GF can OS some things better than GCF on shorter tracks, (125-) but it can't even come close to OSing other Dragooon combos. The idea of this combo is to be a spin equalizer that can OS all the other spin-equalizers in the metagame, and provide decent numbers against attack types, which none of the others can do.

GF could work on this combo, but it would be an entirely different concept than the GCF variant.

If you can give me some tests showing that GF can OS opposite-spin combos better than GCF on T125, then that would be awesome, 'cause I don't actually know. I've never really compared them. Smile
(Jul. 19, 2013  9:55 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Ummm... SR200 would actually lessen its rotations at the end of a battle. :\ I've tried it before.

GF would be awesome if this thing was on a shorter track, or was using BD145, but it doesn't use either, and GF doesn't have anywhere near enough stamina to take out Dragooon zombies, so I think GCF is definitely an overall better choice for this. Smile

Spin stealers. Don't get why people call Revizer Dragooon SA165 EWD a Zombie when one of the most important parts barely has LAD(EWD) and the combo basically just ties.

Anyways, I agree with everything else. Tall tracks do bad things for your stamina in the opposite spin.
I used GCF for Tornado stallers before people liked it XD #tipsterswag But yeah, SR200? No, just nope. 145- is good for tornado stallers, the higher you go it kinda loses stamina.
(Jul. 19, 2013  11:26 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2013  10:40 PM)Time Wrote: From personal experience I don't have actual tests results in my head, but GCF has serious issues out spinning a lot of things in spin-equalizing matches.

T125 is shorter, thus allowing GCF to wobble at lower speeds before it falls onto its edge. It may be true that GF can OS some things better than GCF on shorter tracks, (125-) but it can't even come close to OSing other Dragooon combos. The idea of this combo is to be a spin equalizer that can OS all the other spin-equalizers in the metagame, and provide decent numbers against attack types, which none of the others can do.

GF could work on this combo, but it would be an entirely different concept than the GCF variant.

If you can give me some tests showing that GF can OS opposite-spin combos better than GCF on T125, then that would be awesome, 'cause I don't actually know. I've never really compared them. Smile

Any chance you could do it? I kind of sold my gf..
(Jul. 20, 2013  2:48 PM)Time Wrote: Any chance you could do it? I kind of sold my gf..

Lol that wasn't smart. GF is the best part in Bahamdia...
You should look at Insomniac's signature and well I sold Bahamdia and GF for like $15...
I really love this combo, I got a few wins with it today, and I placed 3rd in my tournament because of it, it's amazing!

Thanks for the combo, theblackdragon!
(Jul. 21, 2013  1:00 AM)HeavenKerbecs Wrote: I really love this combo, I got a few wins with it today, and I placed 3rd in my tournament because of it, it's amazing!

Thanks for the combo, theblackdragon!

You're very welcome! Smile Glad to see people are winning with it!
thats a nice combo more like killerken dragooon ch120 gf

i love to see combos that are good in both areas (bb10 and zg) i need to add this combo to the team thanx B.Dragn
I'd completely forgotten, but I'd been working a similar concept a couple of months back, except using killerken in place of my non-existent genbull, would you mind trying genbull genbull and seeing how it does against a couple of the things it was losing to before?
Ok, Im throwing my thoughts out here, so dont criticize me.

GCF is a tip that focuses on stability and LAD, whereas GF focuses on ultimate Stability.
Gf rarely falls over to defense types and Stamina, whereas GCF falls more. GF can get the flower pattern better where GCF has more stamina to begin with. GF is more faster and uncontrollable where GCF is more easier to control.

That said, GCf if a safer bottom to use, while GF can have more risky wins. So, choose wheter you want a more secured win while risky or a less secured but safe win.
GF can get the flower pattern? No not really ...
I think he means that because it slams into the walls and there is no large disk restricting its movement, GF is more likely to hit Beyblades in the center of the stadium than GCF.
Exactly, Meow!!! XD

GF can slam off the walls and ko better, while GCF can only stalll because of its angled edges of the XF.