Genbull Dragooon LW105GF

Please note: I was only able to obtain these results after practicing with giga flat for a couple of hours and learning the exact launch strength it took for it to behave in certain ways. DO NOT expect to get the same results your first few tries with this combo.

Standard Procedure was used.

The Concept: A spin equalizer that has the chance to KO the stuff it can't OS.

Part Selection:

Genbull: I really wish a more aggressive chrome wheel worked, but nothing else offers the balance that genbull does which this combo needs to OS.

Dragooon: Only left-spinning chrome wheel.

LW105: 85/90 are too low to make contact with most things, CH120 is too far from the ground to offer the precession needed to OS. Although, against taller (195 and above) things that lack LAD/precession CH120 may be a better choice because these things are a stretch for LW105 to reach. Why over 105/W105? More balance with its three-sided wings.

GF: Probably the biggest question... due to its incredibly large surface area on low heights GF simply does not topple. At the end of the battle, instead of resting on its side the bey will remain upright. This offers the absolute greatest amount of precession possible as no spin velocity is lost due to hitting the stadium. It uses every ounce available to spin, none to fall over.

The Launch: There are four launches you will need to get very comfortable with using in order to be successful with this combo.

Extreme weak launch: GF cannot roam. It needs to settle spinning in the middle of the stadium.
Why it works: This allows the bey to make almost constant contact with its opponent.

Weak Stall: The bey needs to circle the ridge, but drop away from it very quickly.

Half Stall: Depending on how level you can hold your launcher you may be able to bring this up to a 3/4 stall. This launch is necessary to OS RDF based customs.

Weak Sliding Shoot: As it says, use against attack types.

NEVER FULL LAUNCH WITH THIS CUSTOM. YOU HAVE AN 80% CHANCE OF SELF KO-ING (34/40 times in testing)

vs. Duo Hades SA165EWD (Extreme Weak Launch)
80% (13 OS, 3 KO)

vs. Phantom Hades 85MF (Half Stall)
70% (11 KO, 3 OS)

Interestingly enough, when both beys stayed in, Phantom actually had more OS (4) since Dragooon had so little stamina with which to spin steal at the end of the battle.

vs. Zirago Genbull E230MB (Half Stall)
65% (13 OS)

The reason you have to stall against this is so that Dragooon comes at it from above. The extreme weak launch allowed dragooon to get pushed under the disk in previous testing. Also, the only times Dragooon lost in this set of tests were when it did get pushed under the disk into the ground (why isn't there a 110 height track?)

vs. Phantom Hades TH170TB (Extreme Weak Launch)
95% (15 OS, 4 KO)

vs. Phantom Hades TH220TB (Extreme Weak Launch)
55% (5 OS, 6 KO)

Against the taller TH height there just wasn't enough stuff for it to make the constant contact with that it needs to OS stamina types)

vs. Duo Cancer BGrin (Extreme Weak Launch)
55% (10 OS, 1 KO, 11 ties redone)

Other than the one KO this was extremely close every, single time.

vs. Genbull Dragooon SA165EWD (Weak Sliding Shoot)
35% (1 OS, 6 KO)

This thing was just too heavy for it to consistently KO. The one OS happened when it landed a barrage of hits right at the beginning and managed to destabilize SA165EWD.

vs. Balro Balro T125 RF (Weak Sliding Shoot)
65% (8 OS, 5 KO)

WAIT!?! WHAT?!? Balro simply couldn't keep up with it/find it to knock it out.

vs. Wyvang Dragooon BD145 RDF (Half/Three-Quarter Stall)
85% (17 OS)

This would probably be much closer with Genbull as the bottom wheel, but in this match pushing the border towards self-ko allows GF to OS this no problem.

vs. Flash Orion CH120R2F
80% (10 OS, 6 KO)

Not really sure what happened here, but Flash couldn't really seem to find much success.

Duo SA165EWD OS Examples
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktaxhg95pfhuf9...7%20PM.mov

Https://www.dropbox.com/s/01w8muowmbmx7l...3%20PM.mov

Benchmark
Duo Hades SA165EWD

vs. GD BD145GF
BD145 win%: 25% (5 KO, O OS)

vs. GD SA165 (Regular Mode)GF
SA165 win%: 30% (4 KO, 2 OS)

Note: OS only occurred when my ewd got knocked off balance into scraping

Vs. GD SA165 (ZGA Mode)GF
SA165 Win%: 25% (5 KO, 0 OS)
Wow!
Impressive results.
I haven't seen such a combo like this before!
Weak Attack Type? Very unique and coolio.
It's a pretty cookie-cutterish combo, from other threads.

Any test requests?
(Jun. 25, 2014  8:29 PM)Echizen Wrote: It's a pretty cookie-cutterish combo, from other threads.

Any test requests?

What does your first sentence mean?
Cookie cutter means well known good parts put together to make a combo everybody already knows will be good. If I remember correctly.
Basically.

It's the same as this combo: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-F-Dr...gooon-85GF

Just a different track and bottom chrome wheel.
(Jun. 25, 2014  8:43 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Cookie cutter means well known good parts put together to make a combo everybody already knows will be good. If I remember correctly.

Well this is in no way a cookie cutter combo then.... GF has seen literally 0 use in bb-10...
And I'd never seen that other thread before
People have been knowing about Genbull Dragoon GF for awhile (but prefer GCF in most cases for its LAD and it being more controllable) actually. http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Genbull-...65-BD145GF.
(Jun. 25, 2014  8:48 PM)Time Wrote: Well this is in no way a cookie cutter combo then.... GF has seen literally 0 use in bb-10...
And I'd never seen that other thread before

Ocean has made a Genbull Dragoon SA165GF thread, and a Genbull Dragoon BD145GF thread. Infie ahs made Dragoon^2 85GF. Wtf has made MSF-H Genbull Dragooon BD145GF. *Ginga* has made Gryph Gryph 85GF. There's 6 testing threads for GF.
(Jun. 25, 2014  8:48 PM)Time Wrote: GF has seen literally 0 use in bb-10...

Wouldn't necessarily say that, bud.

I personally love Reviser/Killerken Dragoon BD145GF for its LAD, and it being a relatively decent spin equalizer. It shows quite a potential. Despite that, I haven't really seen any combos utilizing GF in Standard.

As for this combo, I'd personally love to see some tests against MSF-H Girago Girago BD145RF, though I wouldn't mind doing some tests myself against the two later tonight. Smile
I unfortunately only have one girago and by my previous post I meant tournament use which is the only thing that actually matters...
Just cuz it doesn't have tournament use doesn't mean it sucks.
Back to my other question: Would you like any test requests? I only have 1 Girago, 1 Wyvang, 1 Genbull.
(Jun. 25, 2014  9:09 PM)Time Wrote: I unfortunately only have one girago and by my previous post I meant tournament use which is the only thing that actually matters...

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up with me!

Don't worry about a thing, I'm working on them right now. I'll edit my post with the results in a couple of minutes.
Can you test against Balro Balro BD145 MF? Thanks.
(Jun. 25, 2014  9:11 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Just cuz it doesn't have tournament use doesn't mean it sucks.
Well actually we test to find Combos that ARE good in tourneys.
GF has been used in tournaments:

(Dec. 22, 2013  4:22 AM)Coach Wrote: Niles Illinois, Put your Synchromes Away
Limited:
1st Scout25: MF Earth Cancer 100WD (99% of the time), Burn Bull 230CS (used once to beat coach's Burn 230 something combo) actually it was when I used Gravity Perseus ch120RF
2nd Shining God MS: MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang(Crystal Up Mode)DF105LRF, MSF-H Dark Knight Begirados(Chrome Up Mode)CH120LRF, Duo(Spark FX)Cygnus W145WD, Scythe Cancer SR200TB, Beat Lynx 90RF, Earth Cygnus W145EWD He used Duo Cygnus 230D in the finals too
3rd Coach: MF-H Burn Aquario 230CS, MF Earth Bull 85CS I used Gravity 2 times, this tornado staller lost, and Gravity Perseus ch120rf and lost in the finals. Burn Aquario was my best, went undefeated until Shining finally pulled out his Duo Cygnus 230D which had much much better stamina

I do not agree that Earth was Spammed by any means, simply because all of us used it at a point and Shining gave his dad one bey, which was earth aquario. I think it was out there quite a bit but far from spammed. and yep Gravity was on low profile but it was used, I used it 2 times Wyatt V2 used it once 3 losses.

Blizzard Bey Battle
Standard:
1st Scout25 MF-H Basalt Kerbecs S130MB Revizer Killerken E230 MB and CS (the rest of the time)
2nd Wyatt V2 Wyvang^2 D125RF, Bigerados^2 D125LRF if you know what's coming can you stop it?
3rd Shining God MS: MSF-H Genbull Dragooon BD145GF, MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145R2F, MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF, MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
Not sure why you have to argue about everything, but whatever. This variant is superior to all of those previously discussed, not one of them can OS like this.
why not use double dragooon? wouldnt it have more balance
than genbull since genbull isnt exactly the same shape as dragooon?
(Jun. 26, 2014  1:52 AM)ASAP_SOSA_99 Wrote: why not use double dragooon? wouldnt it have more balance
than genbull since genbull isnt exactly the same shape as dragooon?
It would be too light and too easy to KO.
Dragooon is heavier than Genbull...

Genbull has better Stamina as an underside stamina wheel.
(Jun. 25, 2014  11:50 PM)Time Wrote: Not sure why you have to argue about everything, but whatever. This variant is superior to all of those previously discussed, not one of them can OS like this.

Benchmark pleassseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (SA165/BD145/85). And I would prefer if you did all the tests, since some people get different results because of launch skills.
Assuming you would like them all against Duo SA165 EWD?
That's fine.
(Jun. 26, 2014  2:09 AM)Echizen Wrote: Dragooon is heavier than Genbull...

Genbull has better Stamina as an underside stamina wheel.
Dragooon is a Spin-Stealer then, and also harder to KO then. Genbull Dragoon is harder to KO then Dragooon Dragooon though, and it also can KO other combos.