GFX Tourney Battle 5! NaLu vs Focus

Entry 1:
[Image: zZWvq.png]

Entry 2:
[Image: KTnp2.jpg]

The theme is Water. Please vote for one, and if you can, try expand on your answer.

First to 5 votes win!
Entry 2 is my vote
Was just about to say to elaborate.

Looked at the op again, says to try to elaborate, meaning you don't have to.
Entry 1: The flow seems destroyed by the effects. I like the Idea of changing the hands of the render to water, but it doesn't blend well.

Entry 2: Here, the flow is good. The effects acts as a "structure" to the flow. The only thing I contradict to this is the lighting.

2 GMV
I like entry 2 more than 1 because of that rock thing. Sorry if I can't elaborate that much but something about 2 also puts me off. Entry 1 with the water effects is weird.
1 gmv the lighting is ok not that bad but not that good as well. The effect give of a slight flow and everything goes well together, the composition is ok.
well with entry 2 the use of the render is horrible. people mistake it for a rock but it does give of flow but it doe not blend well.
PS
i think people don't understand what blending mean, it means that everything in that artwork interact with each other.
TBH, blending means the focal doesn't seem out-of-place and doesn't belong. It must look part of the scene.
I cannot make sense of what the second signature graphic shows. There is just no connection between Blastoise and whatever the background is, because whatever that blue is on the sides, it does not come from Blastoise, nor does it seem to be anywhere around it. Copy and paste over a random background, essentially.
entry 1 gmv
entry 1- the render blends in with the background very well but the focal point is lost
entry 2-looks like a background blended with effects,over it is a c4d which doesn't blend with bg, then a render just put on top ... no blending?
(Apr. 29, 2012  11:16 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: TBH, blending means the focal doesn't seem out-of-place and doesn't belong. It must look part of the scene.
not at all it means that everything in your work interacts and has a connection with each other and if you do that your work will look natural
like in your tag the fractals give a light source to your render and the c4d's
i might be wrong but you could just ask one of the pro's on GFX Forums
I would say entry 2.
Entry 1:-Doesnt interest me enough
Entry 2:-The sig is awesome.The background and the picture match.
The tortoise also makes it much more awesome.
Entry 2 for me Cygnus.
Scores Check!:

E1:2
E2:4

I like entry one better because even though I likepokemon entry 1 captures the theme a little better
I vote for Entry 1, because the I like the idea of changing the renders hands to water. Entry 2 just doesn't make sense to me.
Entry 1 GMV.
Even though there isn't much in the picture itself, I like the effect of the hands a lot.
In Entry 2 on the other hand, nothing has any connection..the flow is just akward really and is that suppose to be a huge rock? An iceberg? What is it Gasp
Damn I lost!! Focus, you were wrong mate, you won!!

Next round...I will definetly win as I was stupid and didn't ask for an extension!!

But Nice focus!
Scores CHECK
E1/Focus:5
E2/NaLu:4

OMG !OMG ! Did i really won or is this a dream?
AND Sorry Cygnus i Posted this which u have to post Tongue_out
Cannot beleive this!!!!But you deserve it Focus.
I'll check on it. *Slaps Focus* Well, you're not XD

Great Job! for a second I though your entry was the 2nd one XD