[Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA] Fort Wayne Bladers -Announcement:finding new location-

Announcement:
Went to Clem's today (11/11/09) with xenoka, and they have changed their minds about letting us use their community room. Reasons being; they need the space for stock, because of the holiday season coming up, and they do not carry the product, so they do not feel it is worth it Unhappy

WOrking on finding a new space.

Introduction:
In good ole Fort Wayne Indiana, Beyblade is starting to re-emerge from the depths of past recesses spent battling against the 4th graders. New members who never heard of Beyblade before are also starting to gain interest. Since there is a good number of us, I have decided to make a thread so that FWB members can come and check events and announcements and standings and whatnot. This also allows others to see what is going on with us, and see how our crew is interacting.

Purpose:
-Post new events
-FWB member standings
-FWB previous tournaments and battles
-Interest others in battles in the Fort Wayne Indiaia area

Rules:
All the same rules apply, but I encourage other people to interject any comments they want. Private conversations are okey, because others wouldn't mind hearing news about the FWB from its members.
Event Videos:
-Battle At The Fort [BeyDay] Meetup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwx7AHr4K...annel_page
-

Event Threads:
-May 23rd, 2009: Battle At The Fort [BeyDay] Meetup: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Battle-a...Tournament
-

Pichuscute's Notes:
(will update later)

Photo Album:
(no photos currently XD)
Future Events:
-Starting in November some time, we will be working to hold weekly or biweekly get togethers at Clem's

FWB Members
drunkin_ninja
Pichuscute
Shad0w11992
xenoka
Wolf-erazer
Gimpy
Th3Jok3r
Garfunkel22
Pepe le Penguin
yooperman_dan
waltrip55

Additional Notes
-I talked to the Manager at Clem's Collectibles in Jefferson Pointe today, and he said that we can use his back gaming room for tournaments for free on certain nights. I explained about Beyblading and he seemed interested
So are there any other Crews out there?
Anyone have ideas for things to add to the thread?
Anything you want to know about the FWB?
Anyone can feel free to post
I'm putting together a blading crew in the ICT. Wanna do crew battles sometime? Like, I dunno, at MBS?
In the slight possibility of us coming, then yes. But I'm labeling hat at a very low percent. Garfunkel, yooperman_dan, and Gimpy are the oldest of the group (today is Gimpy's B-day), and they are the only legal adults, and they aren't super into it. Next year if I'm still really into it, I will try to attend, and maybe bring along a few of these clowns with me Wink.
Well, even if they aren't really into it, MBS is in an Anime convention and there's lots of other stuff going down, including other games.
Well Garfunkel does like anime and that stuff I think. I honestly am not into any of that stuff at all, though mostly everyone else on the site is. I just happen to like Beyblade, Zoids, and Pokemon, which are coincidentally anime. I dont know how many of us actually dig that kind of stuff, but I can't speak for everyone.
I used to be real into Anime, but I've quit watching new ones...... Just like Beyblade, Pokemon, Digimon, etc. now.
A voice actor from Digimon will be there this year. Robert Axelrod.
(Jun. 08, 2009  11:23 PM)fragbait Wrote: A voice actor from Digimon will be there this year. Robert Axelrod.

Wut!?
Do they still even make new Digimon episodes? If no then doesn't that make Robert Axelrod unemployed?

(Jun. 09, 2009  12:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Wut!?

Brad, you need to perfect how to make that face in real life too LOL XD

The tournament on Friday will be plastics. It will be like from 1:00 to 3:00 if it takes that long. So far we have 8 for sure, 1 maybe, 1 IDK, and 1 no. If we can't get everyone to pay 5 dollars we will just have a round robin, and not count battles for points between people who have used up their battles this month. We wil still be giving out stuff anyway.
Awesome.....will be there along with my bro. Sounds good round robin or not. Hopefully,I'll get payed today, so I'll have a passport anyway.
(Jun. 08, 2009  11:23 PM)fragbait Wrote: A voice actor from Digimon will be there this year. Robert Axelrod.

Yeah, sorry if it seemed random. I was making the point that, since you all seem to like Digimon, that might be a little extra incentive to try and make it.
But, if you can't, of course it's more than understandable.
So I'll be bringing a bunch more beyblades to sell to try to get enough money to buy back my brother's Wolf D125B and my D.......(this sux)
Rules:
Full Beyblades----$5
One Part----------$2
The full beyblades are the ones I already have together that I'm selling, you can't take my individual pieces, put them together, and pay $5 for them Tongue_out
Hope I can get enough to get Wolf back.......
(Jun. 10, 2009  10:55 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: So I'll be bringing a bunch more beyblades to sell to try to get enough money to buy back my brother's Wolf D125B and my D.......(this sux)
Rules:
Full Beyblades----$5
One Part----------$2
The full beyblades are the ones I already have together that I'm selling, you can't take my individual pieces, put them together, and pay $5 for them Tongue_out
Hope I can get enough to get Wolf back.......
You probably will. Almost all of the guys are interested.
Kool, thanks guys. Smile
Ok, so I'm going to leave for this in a few minutes, see you guys there.
Whoa, I totally didn't realise you were having something today. Gasp Good luck guys, have fun. Smile
We had 10 people show!!!!! But we couldn't get everybody to donate $5 so there wont be any faces, and they will all count as part of our 5 battles per month. Wold-erazer got 1st, drunkin_ninja 2nd, and Pichuscute 3rd
That's a shame. If you're short by only a little then maybe you could ask for help from a parent or something. Unhappy

Still, sounds like you had fun. Smile Congrats to the winners and everyone really.
Just got back. Smile We had fun, but it isn't an official tournament because of lack of money. We did get 10 people to show, though, which was awesome and I didn't win it Smile
No video, but we got a few pictures, I believe. It was a success.
Sounds like you guys had a good turnout! Congrats!
[Image: win-lose.jpg]

*waltrip55 is supposed to be making an account today. Not all battles were part of the tournament round robin. Round robin sheet will be scanned later.
How much money did you make today Pichuscute?

Everybody had a lot of fun today! I got texts from a few guys saying that it was really cool. I know you dont know 'em as well as I do, but I hope that you and wolf had as much fun as I did blading with friends.

I can't believe the kids thought we were making bombs (Long story, to anyone else reading)