Flash Leopard 2

Flash Leopard 2
A-54
Type - Stamina/Balance

Attack Ring (AR): Panther Head
Panther Head gets it's name from the three panther heads, which make up the AR. In Right Spin, Panther Head provides some Smash Attack due to the protrusions, but leaves a lot to be desired as well as having a fair amount of recoil. When used in Left Spin, Panther Head is used to it's full potential, unleashing powerful Smash Attack from it's three attack points. The three attack points gain additional power thanks to the thicker panther heads that provide some extra weight, and while this causes some recoil in Left Spin, it is not considered to be a particularly recoil-prone Attack Ring. The three attack points also have slight slopes, which while they are not useful for Upper Attack, they add a noticeable Destabilization effect. An interesting point about Panther Head is that when used in Smash Attack Customizations, it is better to be used with a Ten Wide Weight Disk as opposed to a Wide Defense or Wide Survivor Weight Disk. This is due to its somewhat limited range that the attack points have. While this may seem like a drawback to using Panther Head, it certainly is not by any means as it still delivers excellent Smash Attack and should still be considered when building a Top Tier Left Spin Smash Attack Customization.

Use in Smash Attack Customization
This Smash Attack Custom showcases Panther Head's excellent Smash Attack when used in Left Spin.
AR: Panther Head
WD: 10 Wide
SG: Neo Left Spin Gear (MW Core)
SP: Defense Ring
Tip: Customize Grip Base Tip
BB: Customize Grip Base

Weight Disk (WD): Ten Heavy
See Ten Heavy.

Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right Spin Gear (North Magnecore Version)

Blade Base (BB): SG Metal Sharp Base
SG Metal Sharp Base is a very tall, wide, and somewhat rounded BB. The tip is a metal sharp tip, which provides very little friction between the Beyblade and the Stadium floor, which results in high RPM's. Unfortunately, the metal sharp tip is easily knocked off balance, thus leading to being toppled over. It's tall height also contributes to being prone to Upper Attack, which inevitably leads to SG Metal Sharp being knocked off balance. The design of SG Metal Sharp Base is very recoil-prone due to the protrusions, which also leads to very little LAD. These flaws make SG Metal Sharp a very ineffective and very unusable BB.

Gallery

Other Versions
Flash Leopard 2 (Silver Version)

Overall
Flash Leopard 2 contains Panther Head, one of the Top Tier Smash Attack Ring's for Left Spin. SG Metal Sharp is definitely the worst part of this Beyblade, making it quite terrible out of the box, but it does come with a Ten Heavy as well as a Neo Right North Magnecore Spin Gear, so there is a slight bonus. While Panther Head is a top tier Attack Ring, there are other options that provide more for your money such as Takara's Metal Driger, Dragoon G, or Driger G to name a few, which provide more than just a top tier Attack Ring for Smash Attack. Overall, Flash Leopard 2 is definitely a good buy, however it is generally not worthwhile if one already has a competitive Smash Attack AR.

Formatted

I like it!

You used I, though. Never write Beywiki articles in first person.
Great!! Another plastic article! I have not seen one for a while!
(Aug. 15, 2013  1:37 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I like it!

Thank you!

I do not believe I meant to put that it there as it did not have the I in the formatted version. But regardless, fixed it.

"nupmunk Wrote:Great!! Another plastic article! I have not seen one for a while!

Thank you!

Yeah, since majority of the MFB pretty much already have drafts and the fact that I do not have experience with any of the Zero G/Shogun Steel yet, I figured I could do some drafts for the Plastic Generation that have not been done yet. I may try to get around to some HMS as well if I can.
That certainly helps, for sure. I cannot do much about them, and even now I will cross my fingers that th!nk will review this draft at least in terms of facts before I can grammatically revise it and approve it for publication.

As for HMS, I think only Aero Knight MS and Dranzer MF are not done.
(Aug. 15, 2013  10:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That certainly helps, for sure. I cannot do much about them, and even now I will cross my fingers that th!nk will review this draft at least in terms of facts before I can grammatically revise it and approve it for publication.

Yeah, I have been speaking with th!nk about some of the drafts I was working on and he has been very helpful as I am able to make sure I include everything about the Beyblade. This is the second one I have submitted now, but I am not really in much of a rush to get them published or anything, as I know that it is definitely more important to get the 4D and Zero-G drafts approved.

But th!nk has said that if he finds time he will view them, which is understandable since he is constantly working like a mad man on the Plastics Database.

Ah, well I was never fortunate enough to acquire those, so darn haha.
(Aug. 15, 2013  10:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That certainly helps, for sure. I cannot do much about them, and even now I will cross my fingers that th!nk will review this draft at least in terms of facts before I can grammatically revise it and approve it for publication.

I'm still at my post, haha, things are just a little slow given my other focusses (stuff that is more beneficial (to this project/my job within it, even) in the long term, and thus a higher priority), but I'm still doing stuff behind the scenes and when I have the time. I will get to everything, there might just be a little wait on me responding to drafts/helping polish them til plasticsDB is done or in terms of facts for at least decently-written, active drafts, until the entry for that beyblade is done which I have/will continue to prioritise.

Aaaaanyway:
The AR contact points stuff still needs work - the main contact points aren't that thick, they're pretty average, but it also has the backs of the heads which are thicker and add some extra oomph along with a little more recoil, though it's not a particularly recoil-prone AR in left. The additional destabilization from the slopes still needs to be mentioned too. Oh, and the limited range making ten wide better than other WD's deserves a mention too (make sure to clarify that this doesn't make it worse than other competitive smash ar's that can use wide defense).

Wouldn't call SG Metal Sharp based of SG Sharp, it's a pretty unique base aside from tip similarities with Metal Sting, so I think the best way to go about the description is explaining the shape and the whole "tall but with a wide platform with a kinda recoily design and poorish LAD" thing - if you'd like a reference picture, the tip of mine is not in good nick but other than that and the rather inconvenient black color for discerning details, I can provide one on request. Also, the big base clips still need a mention.

As for the overall, I would mention Dragoon and Driger G over GDV, GDV's AR needs recoil control and a better SAR to be really great so I'd stick to standard smash AR's for comparison - Dragoon G isn't much better, it doesn't have a useful SG but the WD suits the AR, it comes with a launcher and dragon winder and it's not terrible uncustomized, and you already know about Driger G - even being opposite spin it should be mentioned IMO, both are cheaper in general. Oh, I'd also suggest mentioning the SG as a plus of this beyblade.

Other than that it's good, keep up the good work Smile

On HMS: Some things need cleaning up and correction and clarification as well as those two beys, a good chunk of which I will do once I have the time. There are also some miscellaneous parts that need to be covered and a lot of the existing CWD sections need to take the ability to use them with the 17.5g cwd metal part as they currently don't.
As for those two HMS Beys: Aero Knight, I have the AR and RC of and those are the useful/interesting parts, and I will do a draft for those parts and probably the whole bey when I get time to do HMS, as the part I don't have is pretty common sense based off experience with similar parts. Dranzer MF I can only do the RC and Alternate CWD of (RC is unstable and bad as it lacks bearings and has no defense, Alt CWD is great for defense/stamina/LAD) so I'd likely only be able to check that one/maybe help out and write the Alt CWD section when someone else writes the draft.
I felt the AR part was a little short winded, it was actually shorter if you can believe it haha. I will work on it though over the next few days.

I'll also change the Blade Base and Overall as well.
So on the overall, would I need to elaborate much on the Driger G and Dragoon G since all of the information would already be in the actual articles for the Beyblades or just kind of sum up why they are better choices as opposed to Flash Leopard 2 when looking for parts for Left Spin Smash Attack?
(Aug. 15, 2013  4:47 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2013  1:37 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I like it!

Thank you!

I do not believe I meant to put that it there as it did not have the I in the formatted version. But regardless, fixed it.

"nupmunk Wrote:Great!! Another plastic article! I have not seen one for a while!

Thank you!

Yeah, since majority of the MFB pretty much already have drafts and the fact that I do not have experience with any of the Zero G/Shogun Steel yet, I figured I could do some drafts for the Plastic Generation that have not been done yet. I may try to get around to some HMS as well if I can.
I know tons of stuff about MFB but now I'm getting into plastics and HMS also so I look at beywiki and the more plastic articles the better! Plastics and HMS should be a big focus because there are many unwrote about plastic beys! Like Wolborg 4!
(Aug. 17, 2013  3:07 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: I felt the AR part was a little short winded, it was actually shorter if you can believe it haha. I will work on it though over the next few days.

I'll also change the Blade Base and Overall as well.
So on the overall, would I need to elaborate much on the Driger G and Dragoon G since all of the information would already be in the actual articles for the Beyblades or just kind of sum up why they are better choices as opposed to Flash Leopard 2 when looking for parts for Left Spin Smash Attack?

Sweet, thanks!
Overall part: The latter Smile

nupmuk: There's more interest in MFB, which means both the articles will bring in more traffic and help more people and that there aren't as many competent writers who write plastic articles. However, given I'm almost done with the main part of PlasticsDB, which will help get articles up (and correct the ones that are currently up) much faster, and of course I will be able to devote proper time to actually working on beywiki/writing articles myself etc.
Also, keep in mind this quote from Confucius - "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." Wink
I updated the first post.

- Added missing information for the Attack Ring section

- Edited the Blade Base Section

- Edited Overall Section

(I also made the changes to the Formatted Version as well)

Let me know if anything else should be edited.
Ah, now that is a good draft! The only small complaint I have is that the last two lines of the overall kinda repeat or contradict themselves (with the second to last sentence being more accurate). Here's a replacement for both:

Quote:'''Overall, Flash Leopard 2 is definitely a good buy, however it is generally not worthwhile if one already has a competitive Smash Attack AR.'''

Also, 'Magnecore' is 'magne' not 'magna' in the SG part, as per Takara's spelling of it (hasbro used 'magna' for whatever reason, you know, just like "magnats" and "magnatic" and "magnatism" lol).

The one other thing is that from a piece of documentation I have, hasbro released it as "Flash Leopard II" instead of '2'. As small a difference it is, it should still be noted, and a redirect made - make the Flash Leopard II page, with only the contents of this code box for the page text:

Code:
#REDIRECT [[Flash Leopard 2]]
The preview function didn't work with redirects last I checked, which held me up when I tried my usual "look for examples" method of learning, haha.

There are some tiny changes I would make to the wording of certain things and a couple of apostrophes that don't belong, but these are extremely minor and I can do those once the article is up and I have a few spare moments to go over it, as is the usual process.

You can put this up whenever you like, I assume you know how that works, but here's a quick reminder of related stuff that often gets forgotten: In addition to putting the article up, update http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...le_Updates - if you haven't done so before, when you add a page to it you remove the oldest one and I'm pretttty sure that only the newest three get NEW! or Updated! (cut me some slack it's been a while). Once it's up, post with a link in this thread to say so. If you need a hand with anything shoot me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Congratulations, it's been some time since a plastics draft was done so well I haven't had to put any major effort into it.
I was just waiting for you to comment on whether any facts needed to be changed in the updated draft before I took a look at it and corrected sentence structure and grammar for the most, th!nk, if you want.
Changed the Overall as suggested.

Regarding the name difference, when I was formatting the article, I went by the Voltaic Ape Page Source, so I just added a Name Variation under the Table of Contents.

I am a little confused as to what to do with the Redirect haha.
Kai-V: I'd appreciate that a lot, thankyou Smile

Kai Hiwatari: Yeah, VApe is a good template to use (it also tends to be my reference for name changes too, seeing as it tends to be the first rename that comes to mind for me, haha).

As for the redirect, it's just like making any other page, except the only text you put in is "#REDIRECT [[Link To The Article You Want The Page To Send People To]]". That way when people put in an alternate name and hit enter, instead of ending up at an empty "Flash Leopard II" or the search function results, they get sent to Flash Leopard II as normal and the Redirect on the page automatically sends them to Flash Leopard 2, the correct page. I hope that helps, but here's an example: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...edirect=no (the last part of the URL prevents the redirect happening automatically).
You can let me do the redirect page and the edit to the Recent Updates section, hah.
Oh, okay I understand now haha. Either way I suppose I do not mind to do it, I just was a little confused with the redirect thing.

Update -

Just added the Flash Leopard 2 page, found an image for it as well, but still need pictures for the gallery.

Also, I added the redirect page for Flash Leopard II and edited the recent updates page as well.
I made just a few small, grammatical changes, but overall that was really great.
Awesome thread!!

I was just wondering...can you go for Saizo?
(Sep. 09, 2013  9:52 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote: Awesome thread!!

I was just wondering...can you go for Saizo?

Thank you.

Do you mean an article for Saizo?
There already is one if so:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Saizo