Fitness Discussion Thread

(Dec. 23, 2020  3:03 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  3:02 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: That is definitely a sight to see. I get a decent amount of HIIT workouts from him.

No kidding, these calisthenics dudes are lighter in muscle mass but have pretty impressive strength.

They look very lean but damn, massive strength.
(Dec. 24, 2020  6:57 AM)Conce7 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  3:03 PM)Zeutron Wrote: No kidding, these calisthenics dudes are lighter in muscle mass but have pretty impressive strength.

They look very lean but damn, massive strength.

Best thing is to just do both calisthenics and weight training because why not have both size and strength if you really love fitness. Throw in some cardio and flexibility too.
God, flexibility training really is painful. Reignited my hip flexor and hamstring routine yesterday and it’s truly horrifying.
When I try to do stretching or anything I keep pulling my muscle.
I've been on and off training Taekwondo. But lately I've been having stamina problems (unlike my Bey with high Stamina stats, LOL). I'm alright with spars and matches, but somehow, I just can't keep up during marathons, jungle trekking, and other long-duration sports. It's probably that I got used to 3-5 minutes bursts and rests. But does anyone else experience something like this? Could be down to nutrition, or a heredity (as my family as a history of hypertension).
(Dec. 25, 2020  3:55 PM)Jeff-J Wrote: I've been on and off training Taekwondo. But lately I've been having stamina problems (unlike my Bey with high Stamina stats, LOL). I'm alright with spars and matches, but somehow, I just can't keep up during marathons, jungle trekking, and other long-duration sports. It's probably that I got used to 3-5 minutes bursts and rests. But does anyone else experience something like this? Could be down to nutrition, or a heredity (as my family as a history of hypertension).

Personally, I’ve never experienced this but I am curious. What kind of endurance are you particularly weak with? Muscle endurance or cardiovascular endurance?
(Dec. 26, 2020  3:15 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 25, 2020  3:55 PM)Jeff-J Wrote: I've been on and off training Taekwondo. But lately I've been having stamina problems (unlike my Bey with high Stamina stats, LOL). I'm alright with spars and matches, but somehow, I just can't keep up during marathons, jungle trekking, and other long-duration sports. It's probably that I got used to 3-5 minutes bursts and rests. But does anyone else experience something like this? Could be down to nutrition, or a heredity (as my family as a history of hypertension).

Personally, I’ve never experienced this but I am curious. What kind of endurance are you particularly weak with? Muscle endurance or cardiovascular endurance?

I'm guessing it's Cardiovascular Endurance that I'm weak at. Any tips on improving that?
(Dec. 26, 2020  11:57 AM)Jeff-J Wrote:
(Dec. 26, 2020  3:15 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Personally, I’ve never experienced this but I am curious. What kind of endurance are you particularly weak with? Muscle endurance or cardiovascular endurance?

I'm guessing it's Cardiovascular Endurance that I'm weak at. Any tips on improving that?

Start a 5k program schedule. It’s a type of running/walking interval schedule that slowly gets harder as your stamina improved. It worked for me so I bet it would work for you. You can find one online in a website or on google images.
Man, CrossFit really is pretty bad if you aren’t a beginner.
Don’t know if it’s the same for everyone else but I really feel like I get more chest activation during closer grip dumbbell press than I do normal dub press.
I actually started doing calisthenics again. I just disinfect and use the equipment at my park and it seems to work.
Currently I am working on building some of the obstacles from Spartan Race. Too bad I can't use them today lol.
(Dec. 31, 2020  8:04 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Man, CrossFit really is pretty bad if you aren’t a beginner.

How so and what amount of time is considered "a beginner" to CrossFit?

I always see people dogging(not saying you are) CrossFit  but from my personnel experience it isn't bad at all, pretty balanced I'd say.
Admittedly I've only done it for about a combined two and a half years or so, a few months while in the sandbox years ago and the rest while stateside here and there. Last I did Crossfit was July 2019, I'd been doing it for almost a year and  a half straight at that point and in March 2019 I had started a crazy  routine:

CrossFit 5-6 days a week
Krav 4-5 days a week
Muay Thai 4 days a week
This crazy Jim Wendler program called "God is a Beast" 4 days a week

Did that until July 2019 and dropped CrossFit as I decided to build my own gym(start of my descent lol). I kept up with the rest until around when Covid hit. Anyway while CrossFit was in my routine I was constantly setting 1RM's : 450 dead-lift, 365 back squat, 325 front squat,  230 clean, and 225 bench press(never been good at  it). That's all when I was 155-160lbs. Month or so after dropping Crossfit my 1RM's were noticeably decreased by 15+lbs.
(Jan. 10, 2021  5:26 PM)froztz Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  8:04 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Man, CrossFit really is pretty bad if you aren’t a beginner.

How so and what amount of time is considered "a beginner" to CrossFit?

I always see people dogging(not saying you are) CrossFit  but from my personnel experience it isn't bad at all, pretty balanced I'd say.
Admittedly I've only done it for about a combined two and a half years or so, a few months while in the sandbox years ago and the rest while stateside here and there. Last I did Crossfit was July 2019, I'd been doing it for almost a year and  a half straight at that point and in March 2019 I had started a crazy  routine:

CrossFit 5-6 days a week
Krav 4-5 days a week
Muay Thai 4 days a week
This crazy Jim Wendler program called "God is a Beast" 4 days a week

Did that until July 2019 and dropped CrossFit as I decided to build my own gym(start of my descent lol). I kept up with the rest until around when Covid hit. Anyway while CrossFit was in my routine I was constantly setting 1RM's : 450 dead-lift, 365 back squat, 325 front squat,  230 clean, and 225 bench press(never been good at  it). That's all when I was 155-160lbs. Month or so after dropping Crossfit my 1RM's were noticeably decreased by 15+lbs.

There’s a mistake in that comment. I meant to say CrossFit is bad if you ARE a beginner, and it genuinely is as well. It brings on a number of risks such as injuries and muscle imbalances etc. Besides I’m sure your Muay Thai training is what truly kickstarted you in the right direction. The Calisthenics aspect of Muay Thai training probably synergized with the CrossFit which is why it worked for you.
my max pushups is 30 or 25 i can't remember when i was peaked then i stopped and i don't think i could do it again
Could some one tell me a good workout if your trying to become a better fighter
PS im not allowed to use weights which sucks
(Apr. 10, 2021  1:38 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote: my max pushups is 30 or 25 i can't remember when i was peaked then i stopped and i don't think i could do it again

Cardio is the main priority when you’re working towards becoming a fighter. Typically, the muscle workouts used by fighters are not that unique. They do the standard “big lift” compounds and work around push/pull or double muscle group splits and just do what works best for them. Don’t know much about setting up a cardio routine since I do cardio rather casually but you would probably want to include lots of running, interval sprints, sparring, form practice (for practice actually works up a lot of sweats).
(Apr. 10, 2021  1:43 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  1:38 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote: my max pushups is 30 or 25 i can't remember when i was peaked then i stopped and i don't think i could do it again

Cardio is the main priority when you’re working towards becoming a fighter. Typically, the muscle workouts used by fighters are not that unique. They do the standard “big lift” compounds and work around push/pull or double muscle group splits and just do what works best for them. Don’t know much about setting up a cardio routine since I do cardio rather casually but you would probably want to include lots of running, interval sprints, sparring, form practice (for practice actually works up a lot of sweats).
OK thanks

how can i make a good cardio plan??
Been training to increase my strength, messed up and broke my arm.
ouch that would kill
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:19 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Been training to increase my strength, messed up and broke my arm.

Was your form bad or something?
Got some good news. I’m going to be able to do leg excercises in like a month or two (getting some bones replaced by surgery)
(Apr. 10, 2021  11:18 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Got some good news. I’m going to be able to do leg excercises in like a month or two (getting some bones replaced by surgery)

Wish you luck!
(Apr. 10, 2021  11:15 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:19 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: Been training to increase my strength, messed up and broke my arm.

Was your form bad or something?

No, actually, I was doing push ups, my friend sat on me, (that guy's overweight or severe obese) and I kinda fell on my arm hard.
(Apr. 11, 2021  3:26 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  11:15 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Was your form bad or something?

No, actually, I was doing push ups, my friend sat on me, (that guy's overweight or severe obese) and I kinda fell on my arm hard.

Oh that sucks, hope you get better.
(Apr. 11, 2021  5:49 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2021  3:26 AM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: No, actually, I was doing push ups, my friend sat on me, (that guy's overweight or severe obese) and I kinda fell on my arm hard.

Oh that sucks, hope you get better.

Well, it's been like two weeks already, so some more time left. Thanks.