Final Fantasy

yeah ichida not all of us like all of that complicated, 60 hour grind fest RPGs as we don't have such time.

give me 7-10 GREAT hours, with multiplayer.
Most good RPGs are either 20~ or 40~ hours. The last seven-hour game I beat was Chocobo Tales, and it sucked.
Ichida Wrote:Most good RPGs are either 20~ or 40~ hours. The last seven-hour game I beat was Chocobo Tales, and it sucked.

it was also called chocobo tales
Artie Wrote:yeah ichida not all of us like all of that complicated, 60 hour grind fest RPGs as we don't have such time.

I love long games. Unhappy
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:yeah ichida not all of us like all of that complicated, 60 hour grind fest RPGs as we don't have such time.

I don't. lol

I think 10-15 hours is the sweet spot. It's just enough to flesh out a good narrative yet not too long that you can't beat it in one sitting.

Yes, I frequently beat games in one sitting. rofl (BioShock, Halo 3, Twilight Princess etc. etc.)
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Well it depends on the reason for being long. Grinding levels? carp that.

I just don't have time for them anymore...
I can understand. Your prep school is demanding.

I still like long games a lot though--if they have a good storyline and are fun to play, that is. Of course, short games with great multiplayer are amazing too. That experience was defined on the Nintendo 64 when I was a kid.

FFXII is actually quite a lot of fun. I'm interested in the storyline, mainly because Ivalice is a really cool place. Plus, the game has some beautiful scenery. I love the clouds during the wet season just outside of Rabanastre.
Mr. Toto Wrote:I can understand. Your prep school is demanding.

I still like long games a lot though--if they have a good storyline and are fun to play, that is. Of course, short games with great multiplayer are amazing too. That experience was defined on the Nintendo 64 when I was a kid.

FFXII is actually quite a lot of fun. I'm interested in the storyline, mainly because Ivalice is a really cool place. Plus, the game has some beautiful scenery. I love the clouds during the wet season just outside of Rabanastre.

yeah you don't do anything all day
Artie Wrote:
Mr. Toto Wrote:I can understand. Your prep school is demanding.

yeah you don't do anything all day
dude i don't even play video games really anymore

Seriously though, I haven't touched a console in weeks. Although I'm mentioning that FFXII is really fun, I haven't played since July.
Artie Wrote:Grinding levels? carp that.

That's mostly in MMORPGs. Most RPGs have enough story questing material to keep you levelled up enough for every boss.
Mr. Toto Wrote:FFXII is actually quite a lot of fun. I'm interested in the storyline, mainly because Ivalice is a really cool place. Plus, the game has some beautiful scenery. I love the clouds during the wet season just outside of Rabanastre.

im interested in the storyline too. its just that countless hours of wandering maps for no goddam reason kills it. especially with a horrible battle system. if it was something like KH i wouldnt mind fighting endless hordes of monsters. i find the fighting of KH to be quite entertaining especially with all the modes, and different kinds of attacks
Does any love final fantasy 8 as much as i do?
(Oct. 09, 2007  1:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:I already torrented WotL and tried it. There really is no difference in gameplay, but the cinematics are awesome. Still doesn't make up for the carp gameplay, IMO. Most tactic games let you cancel a move if you haven't acted yet. This one doesn't. Pinching_eyes_2

Is this thread bashing Final Fantasy Tactics? Because I won't stand for it.

browsing the first page, bey brad get's my vote as awesome. even though i've never interacted with him on the forums before, this quote proves that he is the MAN.
Final Fantasy Crisis Core is still enjoyable after you have beaten it 12 times in a row and know every single line each character will say before it appears on screen. So Final Fantasy Crisis Core is the best.
(Mar. 23, 2011  2:20 AM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Final Fantasy Crisis Core is still enjoyable after you have beaten it 12 times in a row and know every single line each character will say before it appears on screen. So Final Fantasy Crisis Core is the best.

Did you fight minerva?
(Mar. 23, 2011  2:42 AM)hitman-tutor Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2011  2:20 AM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Final Fantasy Crisis Core is still enjoyable after you have beaten it 12 times in a row and know every single line each character will say before it appears on screen. So Final Fantasy Crisis Core is the best.

Did you fight minerva?

Yep, It was easy. I also beat her on hard difficulty. On hard difficulty it takes like 20 min. to beat her.
My favorite Final Fantasy is either FFIII or IV for the DS.Those are my to favorites because there colorful and have good stories.I like Luneth and Kain the best from those two games.Kain is my favorite job class and I like Luneth's personality and looks.
I've been playing XIII for PS3.It's not as hard as some people made it out to be,I find it pretty easy.I can't wait for VersusXIII.Noctis seems really cool.
Online is getting increasingly advanced, it doesn't mean that offline multiplayer is getting worse. The Final Fantasy series gets entirely more merit than it deserves.
I've gone back to play my NES/SNES Final Fantasy games, and they're still epic. Especially my favorite quote. "You Spoony Bard!" Meteo is nice too, though it's really a better idea to use Flare. If you're patient, go for it! 9,990 DMG is a big number. (FF4) Overall, my favorite has to be FFX or FFVI. Especially VI, where Edgar and Locke stop mid-battle to comment on Terra's use of magic. Really, couldn't they have been blown up?
Gah 10 is so epic story wise. I love the characters and the scenery. In the Island place I am just sitting there lookin around.
Just after Uni exams I'm gonna attempt a FF9 Perfect Run/Excalibur 2 file.

The last quest I did was a Low Level Squall Only game on FF8.
Prepare the Popcorn for Fyuuor! Really, I spent the last few weeks of school on a seriously epic FFVI run. I had some rice, some Egg Noodles, my DS, and a comforter. Luckily, it didn't affect my grades, since we had already taken our finals. I ended up level grinding Terra to level 34 before getting to the Returner's base. Edgar's about level 33, and Locke's about to be Level 31 if I recall. I remember my teacher saw the game at school when I was having trouble with the snail my first time playing, and she picked up my DS, owned the poor snail, and gave it right back, explaining why I was getting hit for an insane amount of damage. (I have never mindlessly hit A in a FF game since. READ THE DIALOGUE, PEOPLE!)
It's been ages since I played FF6, I can barely remember the storyline let alone specific sections of the game. I played FF6 once, I wasn't that into it Pinching_eyes_2

Though that's pretty cool that your teacher knew that they were doing on the game Joyful_3
Oh,I've played Final Fantasy VI a couple of times when my friend had it.I like how you can pick your team and limitbreaks.My favorite characters are Gogo and Mog.
(Jun. 15, 2011  12:26 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: It's been ages since I played FF6, I can barely remember the storyline let alone specific sections of the game. I played FF6 once, I wasn't that into it Pinching_eyes_2

Though that's pretty cool that your teacher knew that they were doing on the game Joyful_3

Oh, man. I was scared out of my mind! But alas, getting hit for 200 DMG is much freakier. Especially on the first boss. In the end, I had to thank my teacher. In fact, she's the one who snatched my game later, used damn near every Blitz Edgar's kid brother knows, handed my game back, and wrote out a diagram on every move he learns. (Anime Club Supervisor. And my History Teacher.) She stomped me in Marvel vs. Capcom 3... My teacher is a freakin' Otaku! (And yet, none of the students are except for me...)

I still randomly say "You Spoony Bard!" in Summer Anime meetings. (Yeah, we're having a leadership crisis, since one of the girls wants to be Vice President, and since she's the old president's sister's best friend, she thinks that she can turn it into a drawing club... I shall resist! I shall be the Anime Club Resistance Force One! Yeah, everyone's on board because none of the middle-schoolers know anything about anime.)