Final Fantasy

Ant1jr Wrote:
G Wrote:Edit: Except for Chocobo Racing!

Best. Game. Ever. You'd have to play it to know how damn serious I am.

I have. I think it was better than Mario Kart, but that's just me.
ive played 1 and 2. 3 i played for 5 minutes and couldnt play anymore. the mp system was just so messed up. 7 i beat. i played dirge. it was alright for playing it once but isnt the type of game you wanna play over and over. 8 i got around to the 3rd disk i think then stopped. 10 i stopped on mt gagazet cause it was just getting bad, 10-2 was slightly better, and i just got bored with 12
FFIII's terrible MP system isn't such a hassle once you get about 1/3 into the game. Just keep one person as a mage and the other three as physical classes.
ffviii sucks

just throwin' that out there
Tamer Brad Wrote:ffviii sucks

Agreed.
the junction system was annoying. i never bothered to figure it out. especially how you had to steal spells off of opponents instead of learn them
Fleetscut Wrote:the junction system was annoying. i never bothered to figure it out. especially how you had to steal spells off of opponents instead of learn them

Junction system and tapping a button for ULTIMATE POWER killed it for me.
Tamer Brad Wrote:ffviii sucks

Eight WOULD by my least favourite in the series, if it wasn't for X-2 coming in..

BTW:
http://spoonyexperiment.com/games/FF8/
This guy are awesome. He's reviewing FF8 (Part 6 though is a mini-rant on FF7) Part 7 isn't on that page. but where it says "Blog" on the top, its the first update on that page, so its not hard to find.

I love this guy, he pretty much takes FF8, and starts bitching out all the stuff he hates (Pretty much the entire game), then he proceeds to actually play through the game, and provide commentary through parts.

Most of the videos are fairly NSFW, as he swears a bit, and in Part 6, he delves into the horrors of Fan-created Hentai art.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Honestly, I think online is KILLING multiplayer.

What.
If you're going to reply, at least make it of substance. I already explained my position.
Tamer Brad Wrote:If you're going to reply, at least make it of substance. I already explained my position.

Have you even had experience with a multiplayer service such as Xbox Live, or PC matchmaking? They are anything BUT a "faceless" experience.

It's a common statement I hear from gamers coming from Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection, or nothing period. While they aren't physically there with you, it works wonders for friends and family far away.

Just because Online is getting more and more advanced, it doesn't mean that offline multiplayer is getting worse.
Artie Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:If you're going to reply, at least make it of substance. I already explained my position.

Have you even had experience with a multiplayer service such as Xbox Live, or PC matchmaking? They are anything BUT a "faceless" experience.

It's a common statement I hear from gamers coming from Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection, or nothing period. While they aren't physically there with you, it works wonders for friends and family far away.

Just because Online is getting more and more advanced, it doesn't mean that offline multiplayer is getting worse.

You should've made this reply sooner.

I've never used XBL, but know enough about it to know that Nintendo should've adopted it. See how one of my main examples was Mario Party DS. Online for that will blow. I have used PC matchmaking and I've played MMO's, it just doesn't even approach being the same as playing with human beings beside you.
nintendo is supposed to be all about the multiplayer but its got one of the worst systems for online play. they really cheaped out with this NWC. though i havent seen the ps3's system so i cant say anything on that
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

You should've made this reply sooner.

I've never used XBL, but know enough about it to know that Nintendo should've adopted it. See how one of my main examples was Mario Party DS. Online for that will blow. I have used PC matchmaking and I've played MMO's, it just doesn't even approach being the same as playing with human beings beside you.

I've been literally gone since that time, so yeah.

Xbox Live was really the eye-opener for me. In XBL, I can invite you to a game, invite you to private chat if they're are some retards, and even video chat. All seamless and integrated. While it isn't the same as having a human being right next to you, to say it's KILLING said multiplayer is not true at all.

Do you want more evolution of offline multiplayer? Frankly, we're kind of at a stopping point in that regard, but in terms of online...we're only at the beginning.
I just think people would rather play with their friend down the street online at this point, and I think that's sad.
too true. my brother used to go over to his friends place across the street to play xbox. now he just sits on the couch and plays with them over xbox live
Tamer Brad Wrote:I just think people would rather play with their friend down the street online at this point, and I think that's sad.

Well, online gaming is leaps and bounds ahead of offline multiplayer as there are just SO many more options.

But I see your point.
ya but when companies spend too much time trying to develop online play the sometimes leave normal multiplayer a little dry
VII took me FOREVER to beat and I only beat it because I happened to accidentally predict when the best time to use an Elixir was. I was in bad shape at the end of the big battle so when I saw Sephiroth again after all that and it was just Cloud I was shitting my pants because I thought DAMN IT AFTER ALL THIS I'M GONNA LOSE!?! carp! Then I realized it was automatic and basically just a movie to watch... ^^;;

As soon as I saw the trailers for VIII I stayed the hell away... I didn't like the look of any of it... even the story that was kinda shown with the early trailers seemed a bit tacky to me.

My buddy told me IX was incredible so I went out to buy it. OMG it was fantastic! Seemed so fresh and new... But.. I haven't beaten it I wanna open up the last Synth shop before I head off to take on Kuja, but I just can't seem to do it. Lousy stiff...
You avoided VIII based on a trailer? I hate the game, but I played the first two discs. Give it a shot, you might like it.

IX is the best in the series. Hands down.
Tamer Brad Wrote:You avoided VIII based on a trailer? I hate the game, but I played the first two discs. Give it a shot, you might like it.

IX is the best in the series. Hands down.

The whole concept of gunblades was unappealing to me as well besides no big deal for me. I got VII in the original packaging for cheap and I'm VERY happy about that. I've moved on to other forms of gaming I'm not HUGE into RP's anymore.
Isn't VII always pretty cheap?
Tamer Brad Wrote:Isn't VII always pretty cheap?
I was in grade 7 when I got this... It was like 29.99 or something and it was crazy because I could have got the Reboot game instead... which I probably should have because that would have been a gem in my crown. This was a Bankruptcy sale at a place my parents just happened to go near this day.
Just because online gaming is available doesn't mean people still can't play locally, FYI. They're not stupid enough to shut one door to open another like that.