Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!]

Poll: Pick your favorite meta.

When Libra, Virgo(kinda before), Burn, Earth and LLD dominated.
3.57%
Between.
21.43%
When LLD, MLD, Basalt, Gravity and Hades dominated.
32.14%
Between.
3.57%
When Phantom, LDD, Scythe, Death , Variares, Basalt and Blitz dominated
3.57%
Between
3.57%
When Duo, Diablo, Phantom, Flash and LDG dominated
17.86%
Between
7.14%
When Duo and Dragoon (it could be argued that wyvang/genbull needs to be here, by in my opinion these are the dominating wheels currently.) are dominating
7.14%
Total: 100% 28 vote(s)
(Jul. 01, 2014  9:30 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2014  9:23 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2014  9:16 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Metal System and MFB Hybrid Wheel. I love Lightning LDrago, Pegasis, and Libra gen. (haven't used the latter, but I know it's awesome.)
Such fun...
Everything was innocent, not a ton of gimmicky 4D bottoms and stupid OP Synchromes with their Crystal and Chrome counterparts being unbalanced and awful.

Libra was majorly OP back then. It got banned for awhile, and so far no synchromes have been banned or really considered for banning. I wouldn't call that period more balanced.

I know Libra was OP, but LLD could get it if you were good enough; but I meant unbalanced as well, Crystal+Chrome combos are literally off balance.
dude the main Custom that was OP was MF-H Libra CH120RF. It's a direct counter to attack types.

But nobody uses them in standard, people use synchromes.
Sorry to revive this thread out of absolutely nowhere, though I thought it was just about time I stated my opinion on the two favourite meta periods I like most among the nine options Dranzer King listed. Anyways, here's mine!:

• Mid 2011, where tournaments were Basalt and Lightning Tank washouts: 2011 was most definitely an enjoyable, exciting meta period, despite there being a whole lot of the same competitive variations, as there was the straight up occasional competitive Basalt_230CS, Scythe_BD145EDS, Hell_BD145WD, Basalt Tank, Lightning for attack, etc. I myself wasn't active throughout that meta period, however, I can't ever describe how enjoyable watching 2011 Toronto tournaments on Daegor42's Youtube Channel were, as well.

#lightningtankwillcontinuetoliveondespitebasaltconstantlygettinginthewayofitsabsoluteglory.

• 2012 and forward on: I honestly love what we have now. Flash, Dragoon, Duo, Wyvang, and more! We have such a wide variety of competitive variations to choose from, it's all quite exciting! 2012 is also where Beyblade and competitive necessities to a big leap forward, as well; consider that we went from using light-weighted Quetzalcoatl's and Pegasis' to heavy full metal Wyvang tanks, aha.
Guys, I would seriously suggest downplaying on nicknames like "Lightning Tank."

The mods really don't like that stuff. :\

My favorite meta period is now. I love Synchromes, more than 4D for sure. I love the number of combinations you can make, and the fact that any wheel can rotate to the left if you just put Dragooon on it. It seems like there's a much wider field for customization.

I wouldn't say our meta is currently Dragooon vs. Duo. It may be in certain places, but you'll always have areas where Stamina dominates completely. If people use multi-purpose Synchrome Balance types, things can get really, really interesting (and I don't mean F230 customs - shame on you if that crossed your mind, haha). Attack is set to wreck the meta as we know it right now TBH - I just think it's people's reluctance to use Attack combinations, either to conserve them (in my case, since I would be using Wyvang like 24/7 if it wasn't so darn expensive), or because of fear that one's Beyblade might self-KO or tornado stall at the wrong time.

If we all just played Attack, Defense and Balance along with our Stamina types, I think this meta would be completely off-the-hook incredible. It's set to be a huge, incredibly complex, super knowledge-intensive environment. I think we just need to stop playing it safe (never works for me - I spam Stamina, and I lose anyway, lol) and use interesting stuff.

If we all just spammed E230 destabilizers, Dragooon Attack and aggressive Balance, the world would be a better place. Serious
I personally liked between the Libra, Virgo, Burn, Earth, LLD and Basalt, LLD, Gravity, MLD, Hell(BD145), it was a time where HWS wheels still had some uses and we could explore new wheels, a time where overrated Synchromes and Dragoon was spammed over and over, a time where most of 4D's harmful strength wasn't an issue.

OK the 4D isn't that bad, it's fine but I just like the HWS wheels a little more , especially since there's more of them and I dont have 4D and only a few synchromes.
(Aug. 13, 2014  11:49 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Guys, I would seriously suggest downplaying on nicknames like "Lightning Tank."

The mods really don't like that stuff. :\

My favorite meta period is now. I love Synchromes, more than 4D for sure. I love the number of combinations you can make, and the fact that any wheel can rotate to the left if you just put Dragooon on it. It seems like there's a much wider field for customization.

I wouldn't say our meta is currently Dragooon vs. Duo. It may be in certain places, but you'll always have areas where Stamina dominates completely. If people use multi-purpose Synchrome Balance types, things can get really, really interesting (and I don't mean F230 customs - shame on you if that crossed your mind, haha). Attack is set to wreck the meta as we know it right now TBH - I just think it's people's reluctance to use Attack combinations, either to conserve them (in my case, since I would be using Wyvang like 24/7 if it wasn't so darn expensive), or because of fear that one's Beyblade might self-KO or tornado stall at the wrong time.

If we all just played Attack, Defense and Balance along with our Stamina types, I think this meta would be completely off-the-hook incredible. It's set to be a huge, incredibly complex, super knowledge-intensive environment. I think we just need to stop playing it safe (never works for me - I spam Stamina, and I lose anyway, lol) and use interesting stuff.

If we all just spammed E230 destabilizers, Dragooon Attack and aggressive Balance, the world would be a better place. Serious
it's a ashame that we can't use even the old nicknames that engraved their mark in beyblade history. Like Basalt Tank (Basalt BD145/230CS, right?), Lightning Tank (MF-H Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF/RF/R2F) and even Time Rook (Basalt TH170/230MF/WF). But oh well Unhappy.

Sorry for the off topic post .
So, why do you guys dislke Synchromes so much?

Just wondering. I mean, I know there's a massive weight advantage over older wheels, but that's just an inevitable element of the Beyblade Hobby. 4D completely overshadowed all those wheels anyway.

You can't say they don't look cool either. I mean, take a look at a bronze Saramanda Synchrome. Pretty sick looking. And a red Phoenic Synchrome. Sweeeeeet.

Oh, and Balro and Wyvang... amazing design. The complexity is truly impressive. They're more expensive, sure, but they're so fun to use.
(Aug. 22, 2014  3:04 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: So, why do you guys dislke Synchromes so much?

Just wondering. I mean, I know there's a massive weight advantage over older wheels, but that's just an inevitable element of the Beyblade Hobby. 4D completely overshadowed all those wheels anyway.

You can't say they don't look cool either. I mean, take a look at a bronze Saramanda Synchrome. Pretty sick looking. And a red Phoenic Synchrome. Sweeeeeet.

Oh, and Balro and Wyvang... amazing design. The complexity is truly impressive. They're more expensive, sure, but they're so fun to use.

I don't dislike synchromes, I said they were overrated IMO.

Infact I actually like Saramanda synchrome with itself, it's probably my favourite, but when people keep spamming Dragooon and Genbull in our faces it's really tiring, especially Dragooon just because it left spins. I did also have my issues with 4D Duo etc but before then 4D Beyblades could still be beaten by Basalt in a way, though it can be beaten as well, but Duo is really hard to beat.

I'm not saying synchromes are bad by any means, but when people claim they are the best meta, I wanted to give an opinion why I didn't think that, they are good but they are in my opinion not close to being the best or my favourite. I'm tired of seeing Genbull/Reviser/Killerken Dragooon F230GCF, it is really really hard to be beaten, with Duo and all that, there were still ways to beat it with Phantom or later on Flash.

They do look good, don't get me wrong, it's different and good, but I don't feel it looks as much like a Beyblade, I'm not sure why but I guess it's because it would be like spinning symbols instead of some spinning blade, or even metal circle weapon. They are however nice looking but I much prefer Plastics and HMS and sometimes 4D but that's my opinion.
When LLD, MLD, Basalt, Gravity and Hades dominated.
Personally, I don't really think that Gravity dominated to the extent that the rest of these Wheels did; lightning tanks were almost always used over Gravity. Anyway despite my hate of Basalt I really did enjoy paying FB in this error; it was cheap and arguably the most competitive, seeing as Beyblade what at its height at this time.
Before the release of the Maximum Series (Kerbecs, Byxis, Horogium), the meta was dominated by attack types: Lightning, Vulcan, Gravity and Pegasis (I believe Ray was also viable), on Rubber Flat and variants (left and right). Why was this the best meta period, in my opinion? Because attack was the go-to choice and, as such, skill played a large part in deciding who won and who lost. The dominance of attack meant that launching technique was vital, as anyone who opted for a top-tier attack combo had to be able to slide shoot effectively, especially in the case where they were up against a defence or stamina combo. On top of that, the attack-vs-attack battles were always fun to watch. With some (or most) of the metagame that succeeded that of this meta period, stamina became more and more dominant and the need for launching technique was diminished, besides having a strong launching arm. (゚´Д`゚)゚
Ray was pretty weak and was barely used for attack. IIRC its best use was a destabiliser. Pegasus also was pretty much not used; just, in terms of attack, Gravity, LLD and Vulcan. The maximum series gave the meta more balance. Lightning Tank was arguably the dominating combo in the entire meta but the maximum did give a better chance to defence and and stamina. The best defence combo before MS would've been probably MF Earth Aquario/ Libra R145RS/CS, I can't remember when Grand Cetus came out.
(Aug. 30, 2014  10:59 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Ray was pretty weak and was barely used for attack. IIRC its best use was a destabiliser. Pegasus also was pretty much not used; just, in terms of attack, Gravity, LLD and Vulcan. The maximum series gave the meta more balance. Lightning Tank was arguably the dominating combo in the entire meta but the maximum did give a better chance to defence and and stamina. The best defence combo before MS would've been probably MF Earth Aquario/ Libra R145RS/CS, I can't remember when Grand Cetus came out.

Wasn't it GB145? If it was R145 was it a weight based defense track?
In the actual meta, I can't remember what the prime track was. I remember GB145 being neglected for a long while and R145 not being used at all until later on.
I bet Earth on 85RS would've been pretty effective against most Lightning Attack combos back then...

By the way, you guys refer to "Lightning Tank" as the dominant Attacker up until the Maximum Series, but didn't that combination utilize Hell Kerbecs' BD145? Wouldn't the Maximum Series have already been released? Tongue_out

I personally loved the metagame just before the dawn of Zero-G. Flash Attack was so much more prevalent as well as it was effective, Diablo was an even better Balance combo on BD145RF than it is today, and I could beat every Stamina-Defense hybrid with Gravity Perseus BD145RDF. To me, it felt like the game was finally pretty rich and balanced.

Initially, I loved Zero-G, but now, damn, F230GCF just outspins everything I throw at it in there. xD
Oh no dude, I meant the Maximium series did make the Lightning Tank, but it also brought more balance to Survival and Defensive based combos.