World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+--- Thread: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] (/Thread-Favorite-Meta-Period-elaborate-or-be-reported)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - DRAGON KING - Jun. 28, 2014

This the thread where you discuss your favorite metas . If you see a problem in the poll, post. Now down to business.

The options are according to time periods when certain wheels dominated. This is only according to standard format:

When Libra, Virgo(kinda before), Burn, Earth and LLD dominated.
In between.
When LLD, MLD, Basalt, Gravity and Hades dominated.
In between.
When Phantom, LDD, Scythe, Death , Variares, Basalt and Blitz dominated.
In between.
When Duo, Diablo, Phantom, Flash and LDG dominated.
In between.
When Duo and Dragoon (it could be argued that wyvang/genbull needs to be here, by in my opinion these are the dominating wheels currently.) are dominating.

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - Ocean - Jun. 28, 2014

definetly not Basalt
I'm the first poller/poster!

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - DRAGON KING - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  5:22 AM)Ocean Wrote: definetly not Basalt
I'm the first poller/poster!
Then get lost. (I'm just messing with you Tongue_out).

I say The Basalt, MLD, Gravity , Hades, LLD option. Or in between that and the next. I love basalt and think the main combos back them were really fun and the nicknames were funny.

Remember t elaborate Ocean.

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - Ocean - Jun. 28, 2014

Ok, I will

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - geetster99 - Jun. 28, 2014

Honestly my favorite format is the current one now. Now that nothing new has been released it gives all of us more time to innovate and create new uses for parts instead of everything new coming out. I also like how combos are becoming more dynamic and can cover a wider range of match ups .

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - Dual - Jun. 28, 2014

I liked after Libra and Virgo fell out of use, but before Basalt became prevalent. That's when I started to play competitively, and it's kind of a sentimental "era," as well as a time with, from what I observed, a fairly balanced metagame.

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - Kalthesuperior - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  6:17 AM)Du@l Wrote: I liked after Libra and Virgo fell out of use, but before Basalt became prevalent. That's when I started to play competitively, and it's kind of a sentimental "era," as well as a time with, from what I observed, a fairly balanced metagame.

I completely agree with Dual. The metagame was well balanced at this point, and this was when most of my combos had use in standard format. Now many of my combos (which I have grown attached to and refuse to take apart) are outclassed in limited.

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - Thunder Dome - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  6:35 AM)Kalthesuperior Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2014  6:17 AM)Du@l Wrote: I liked after Libra and Virgo fell out of use, but before Basalt became prevalent. That's when I started to play competitively, and it's kind of a sentimental "era," as well as a time with, from what I observed, a fairly balanced metagame.

I completely agree with Dual. The metagame was well balanced at this point, and this was when most of my combos had use in standard format. Now many of my combos (which I have grown attached to and refuse to take apart) are outclassed in limited.
I agree with these guys. I started in the time period because I started when Hasbro first released them (like I bought some the first weekend of the anime on TV) so I really enjoyed it. Everything was pretty fair and fun because it led to interesting ideas and combos from me and my friends (when they use to play and we would talk about it). I didn't like the basalt meta because I bought it from Hasbro (before I becamE a WBO member still) I didn't like it because it beat about everything. Months later I joined the WBO and learned how much Duo Was used (thankfully I had one at my first event), but every was using Duo and then Dragooon and now F230. I miss the diversity of that original Meta.

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - RagerBlade - Jun. 28, 2014

I like the current meta, because we have tested a lot that it is nearly impossible at this point to be proven wrong with a combo. What I mean is the competitive list is guaranteed, a and back then the list wasn't completely ready, and not every combo on the list always did it's job, but today we are very close to being perfect.

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - The Supreme One - Jun. 28, 2014

Well this title is a tad intimidating haha
Personally, I got into the game around when Zero G started being released, but not many people had synchroms. Once everyone started getting them, I was a little disappointed because I don't really like them myself (too heavy and plain, as I've complained before). I got 3rd in CT's first tournament with Duo Cancer 230 SD & Flash Pisces H145 R2F & while those are still viable combos, with everyone using synchroms, Flash just doesn't have the same power that it used to.

RE: Favorite Meta (elaborate or be reported) - DRAGON KING - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  6:32 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Well this title is a tad intimidating haha
Personally, I got into the game around when Zero G started being released, but not many people had synchroms. Once everyone started getting them, I was a little disappointed because I don't really like them myself (too heavy and plain, as I've complained before). I got 3rd in CT's first tournament with Duo Cancer 230 SD & Flash Pisces H145 R2F & while those are still viable combos, with everyone using synchroms, Flash just doesn't have the same power that it used to.
It's supposed to be. People ignore it in most threads.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Virgo16 - Jun. 30, 2014

I liked everything Pre Zero-G. To Me, Zero-G made players basically rely on Synchrom Customs to win tourneys. Slowly, even the best 4D Wheels: Flash, Diablo, Phantom and Duo have fallen into disuse. Thus, Zero-G Ruined everything.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - DRAGON KING - Jun. 30, 2014

(Jun. 30, 2014  6:19 PM)Virgo16 Wrote: I liked everything Pre Zero-G. To Me, Zero-G made players basically rely on Synchrom Customs to win tourneys. Slowly, even the best 4D Wheels: Flash, Diablo, Phantom and Duo have fallen into disuse. Thus, Zero-G Ruined everything.

No way is that true. Duo is currently the best counter to dragoon stamina and defence customs, Diablo is awesome for anti attack and flash is still heavily used.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Tri - Jun. 30, 2014

Actually, I'd say fallen into disuse is fairly true with the wheels he listed, besides Duo. He didnt say they weren't used at all.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - DRAGON KING - Jun. 30, 2014

(Jun. 30, 2014  7:19 PM)Tr! Wrote: Actually, I'd say fallen into disuse is fairly true with the wheels he listed, besides Duo. He didnt say they weren't used at all.

Flash is still used a good bit though, haha.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - RagerBlade - Jun. 30, 2014

(Jun. 30, 2014  7:30 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2014  7:19 PM)Tr! Wrote: Actually, I'd say fallen into disuse is fairly true with the wheels he listed, besides Duo. He didnt say they weren't used at all.

Most people prefer Wyvang, but if they don't own it then Flash is their next option.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Cake - Jun. 30, 2014

(Jun. 30, 2014  7:47 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2014  7:30 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:

Most people prefer Wyvang, but if they don't own it then Flash is their next option.
Balro/Begirados doe

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - RagerBlade - Jun. 30, 2014

(Jun. 30, 2014  8:54 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2014  7:47 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2014  7:30 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Flash is still used a good bit though, haha.
Balro/Begirados doe
I don't know about Begairodos, but maybe Bahamdia and Balro.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - 6 God - Jun. 30, 2014

Bahamdia was proven to have equal results as Flash. I don't think Begirados is as good as Flash though.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Kaneki - Jul. 01, 2014

I liked the days when random MFB customizations dominated. Combos like: Storm Bull C145B where awesome.

No no, I can't do that or I get "reported" Tired

I believe I got into the game when Basalt and Hell was dominant. My first battle with Hell Kid he used Basalt and I used Dark, hah. Thought I had a chance of winning. Pretty much, that meta due to the fact it was full of some good customs to choose from. Hell stamina/attack/defence was my favorite.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - MissingNo. - Jul. 01, 2014

I'm nostalgic of the days when Phantom and Diablo were ''The supremes boss'' of fusion wheels, even best than Basalt, mostly because of their weight and their stamina. Today, Synchroms destroyed all weight record etablished by the 4D wheel, and I have to say that I prefer 4D to Zero-G... Zero-G is a really weird format and kinda ''changed'' the rules of beyblade Chocked_2

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Cannon - Jul. 01, 2014

Phantom, Diablo and the 4D Beys eaaasily. That's when i started getting far more interested; the mode switching, the increase in weight, versatility, etc.

Synchrom's are boring as hell .. especially Wyvang, and felt that wheels like Burn were too light to be interesting.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Neo - Jul. 01, 2014

Metal System and MFB Hybrid Wheel. I love Lightning LDrago, Pegasis, and Libra gen. (haven't used the latter, but I know it's awesome.)
Such fun...
Everything was innocent, not a ton of gimmicky 4D bottoms and stupid OP Synchromes with their Crystal and Chrome counterparts being unbalanced and awful.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - DRAGON KING - Jul. 01, 2014

(Jul. 01, 2014  9:16 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Metal System and MFB Hybrid Wheel. I love Lightning LDrago, Pegasis, and Libra gen. (haven't used the latter, but I know it's awesome.)
Such fun...
Everything was innocent, not a ton of gimmicky 4D bottoms and stupid OP Synchromes with their Crystal and Chrome counterparts being unbalanced and awful.

Libra was majorly OP back then. It got banned for awhile, and so far no synchromes have been banned or really considered for banning. I wouldn't call that period more balanced.

RE: Favorite Meta Period [elaborate or be reported!] - Neo - Jul. 01, 2014

(Jul. 01, 2014  9:23 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2014  9:16 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Metal System and MFB Hybrid Wheel. I love Lightning LDrago, Pegasis, and Libra gen. (haven't used the latter, but I know it's awesome.)
Such fun...

Libra was majorly OP back then. It got banned for awhile, and so far no synchromes have been banned or really considered for banning. I wouldn't call that period more balanced.

I know Libra was OP, but LLD could get it if you were good enough; but I meant unbalanced as well, Crystal+Chrome combos are literally off balance.