Fashion Thread: This is for all you awkward nerds out there

Poll: IT'S FASHION

TURN TO THE LEFT
44.44%
WE ARE THE GOON SQUAD AND WE'RE COMING TO TOWN, BEEP BEEP
55.56%
Total: 100% 63 vote(s)
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:05 AM)bugturtles Wrote: gangster mode?

aka loose baggy really big stuff

NO!!!!!!
(Dec. 02, 2008  11:15 PM)Katashi Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2008  8:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2008  5:51 PM)Katashi Wrote: So....answer me this, people of Beywiki, how should an overweight teen with no clue what style is dress himself?

lose weight

But how do I manage in the meantime? >_>
To be honest here, people who work on their bodies generally look better in clothes in general. If you aren't getting regular intensive exercise already, I think you had better start soon.

If you want to make an image change, first search around and see what kind of style you want to wear. How do you want to look?
If you want advice on losing weight, hit me up.
(Dec. 04, 2008  5:26 AM)G Wrote: If you want advice on losing weight, hit me up.

i can help with nutrition and specific exercise plans as well
(Dec. 03, 2008  3:22 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Got two new jackets today!

[Image: DVC00570.jpg]

Nice Jacket Wink

As for me, im starting to buy more Singlets and Shorts for the Summer also got a really nice Light Blue shirt:
[Image: Mens-Tops-98-576-873b7345-4553-4e25-889a...5bbefc.jpg]
Wow....I didn't expect so much help. Ummm...well, Toto, I was thinking something of a contemporary look. Not too dressy, but at the same time I could get by wearing button-ups and still feel casual.
Anyone feel like giving me a pic of a nice burgandy/red dress shirt? Semi-casual in mind.
Hmm, interview next week calls for smart casual I feel.

Anyone knows what's in in terms of jumpers this year?
Sorry for bumping, but I have a question. Does anyone know what brand of jeans are nice? I've been wearing American Eagle jeans for a while now since they're the only ones that seem to fit the best for me, but I'm really starting to hate how they're adding a bunch of tears/holes/patches in their current stock. I don't like baggy, but I'm not looking for skin tight either if that helps.
haha probably on the LOW low end. Anything in mind at all?
I dont think I have poor taste in fashion....
I recently bought some pinstriped pants and several V neck long sleeve T-shirts oh and new chucks. Smile

I saw a casual pinstriped vest today, I want to get that as well.
I'm a jeans and a TShirt guy, and I'm super sexy in it.
(Mar. 30, 2009  10:22 PM)G Wrote: haha probably on the LOW low end. Anything in mind at all?

Not really, I'll wait for Brad to answer you on this. I'm not that familiar with men's denim anymore, haha.
For Denims I like Levi's. Old school and long lasting. Plus they are super sexy.
That's my phrase if you haven't noticed. Super Sexy. Never Smexy.
I've always thought of 'super sexy' and 'smexy' as having slightly different meanings anyways.....

Uh, I don't think I have a particular style. I know what I like and I know what I dislike but my tastes vary a lot. Plus I don't realy have enough money to buy a large amount of clothes from each kind of style.......in fact, I don't have all that many clothes at all. I want more clothes. Crying

I also have no idea about mens jeans, sorry. Pinching_eyes_2
levis 511 g? they're like $50, kinda tight though (in us/canada..alot more expensive here in europe lol)
the only downside is that they stretch easily, but since you're not looking for supertight, i'm sure you won't mind?
I can never find jeans I really like, they never fit right. I like em kinda tight (not scene jeans >_>) but I'm short so the length is also an issue.
Who does supertight? Girls and Emo kids. He doesn't want supertight. Get some nice, loose fitting jeans, and a casual belt to go with it. Get a belt buckle if you really want to make a statement. Something that says something about you. Like, me, I would get a Smash belt buckle, the NES controller buckle from Hot Topic, or the Zelda TP buckle from the same place.
I want a Smash belt buckle.
(Mar. 30, 2009  10:55 PM)fragbait Wrote: Who does supertight? Girls and Emo kids. He doesn't want supertight. Get some nice, loose fitting jeans, and a casual belt to go with it. Get a belt buckle if you really want to make a statement. Something that says something about you. Like, me, I would get a Smash belt buckle, the NES controller buckle from Hot Topic, or the Zelda TP buckle from the same place.
I want a Smash belt buckle.

hahahaha get out with this carp. loose fitting jeans and a zelda belt buckle. he's not 10

also G if you're not looking to spend over $100 a pair, really your best bet is to just try stuff on in your area
I was expecting that really.

I'll maybe try Levis or Guess jeans I guess since my friend works at one of their retail stores.
Levis has loads of different models and if you can find a Levis retail store I'm sure you can find something.
My good jeans are from Parasuco, but that's a Canadian brand.

Any other good jeans that I've been satisfied with came from Guess.

Edit: This is the first real post I made after changing my avatar, so the thing popping up at me after entering the post just floored me.
The trick with Levis is to ignore the vanity sizing, find a pair that fits and then get it a bit smaller to deal with stretching.