Fashion Thread: This is for all you awkward nerds out there

Poll: IT'S FASHION

TURN TO THE LEFT
44.44%
WE ARE THE GOON SQUAD AND WE'RE COMING TO TOWN, BEEP BEEP
55.56%
Total: 100% 63 vote(s)
(Mar. 30, 2009  10:55 PM)fragbait Wrote: Who does supertight? Girls and Emo kids. He doesn't want supertight. Get some nice, loose fitting jeans, and a casual belt to go with it. Get a belt buckle if you really want to make a statement. Something that says something about you. Like, me, I would get a Smash belt buckle, the NES controller buckle from Hot Topic, or the Zelda TP buckle from the same place.
I want a Smash belt buckle.
lol, you're recommending him a nes controller belt buckle, and expecting him to listen to your "fashion" advice? big belt buckles are the ugliest thing ever
only girls and emo people do supertight? i wear supertight, and i'm not a girl or emo
(Mar. 30, 2009  10:55 PM)fragbait Wrote: Who does supertight? Girls and Emo kids.

That's pretty offensive and stereotypical dude.
Sorry guys, it was meant sarcastically. I apologize to anyone who I offended. (We really DO need a sarcasm detector). I also didn't mean it to sound like I was recomending those SPECIFIC buckles, I was just saying that's what I would grab. Plus, have you seen that Zelda one? Gold...it's nice looking. The NES controller isn't that big either, the buckle I mean.
[Image: sarcasm_detector.jpg]

George, I'll also suggest, similar to what Brad said, to simply look around your area. Sometimes smaller, lesser known shops can surprise you. Don't be afraid to do some lengthy exploring.
(Mar. 30, 2009  11:52 PM)Ominous Wrote: [Image: sarcasm_detector.jpg]

Plus one epics to you good sir.
(Mar. 30, 2009  11:50 PM)fragbait Wrote: Sorry guys, it was meant sarcastically. I apologize to anyone who I offended. (We really DO need a sarcasm detector). I also didn't mean it to sound like I was recomending those SPECIFIC buckles, I was just saying that's what I would grab. Plus, have you seen that Zelda one? Gold...it's nice looking. The NES controller isn't that big either, the buckle I mean.

This is a fashion thread, not a fanboy novelty carp thread. Speechless
It was just an example. I was talking about my personal preferences. I don't wear buckles anyway.
simmer down Speechless
Don't worry man. I'm not trying to get conflict. I stand by my choice in jeans though.
Sweet, there's a Levi retail store at the mall here. I'll definetly check that out. Same with a Guess one too.

I'll hunt down some strip malls though since I pretty much know what stores are in the local malls. Thanks guys!
I have craving for wallets :3
I own like 7 wallets lol
(Mar. 30, 2009  11:38 PM)Ominous Wrote: My good jeans are from Parasuco, but that's a Canadian brand.

Any other good jeans that I've been satisfied with came from Guess.

Edit: This is the first real post I made after changing my avatar, so the thing popping up at me after entering the post just floored me.

Parasuco's Canadian? I never knew that.
(Mar. 31, 2009  2:17 AM)Khel Wrote: Parasuco's Canadian? I never knew that.

Yeah, it was founded in Montreal.
It's not only in Canada btw, there's one in NYC.
(Mar. 30, 2009  10:55 PM)fragbait Wrote: Who does supertight? Girls and Emo kids. He doesn't want supertight. Get some nice, loose fitting jeans, and a casual belt to go with it. Get a belt buckle if you really want to make a statement. Something that says something about you. Like, me, I would get a Smash belt buckle, the NES controller buckle from Hot Topic, or the Zelda TP buckle from the same place.
I want a Smash belt buckle.

I only wear Skinny jeans and im not considered "Emo", Loose Jeans and Big Belt buckles are ugly, loose fitting clothes are out to be honest, Early 2000's are long gone.

On another note, im really into Vintage clothes at the moment, im going through a Sweater phase at the moment so sick of Hoodies, starting to get into Late 80's-Early 90's type of Fashion but also keeping it modern in a way. Everything old is new again Wink
Hey Sega, I said that was sarcasm and apologized. Leave it alone.
(Mar. 31, 2009  4:26 AM)fragbait Wrote: Hey Sega, I said that was sarcasm and apologized. Leave it alone.

you don't get to absolve yourself of responsibility like that, sorry
(Mar. 31, 2009  4:54 AM)Ominous Wrote: Unlike May, though, he did apologize.

glad i'm not the only one who thought that
When I started wearing slim fit jeans (not super skinny I like having circulation down there) earlier this year it was so weird. I got used to having to wear baggy clothes all my life to hide my poor physique; however I like it now, it suits me well.

As for brands I shop around the mall. I find Mexx has some nice stuff that fit me really well. I got a great coat for half price and a really nice shirt. Honestly I have no devotion to brands, I have a vague idea of what I want and walk around for a while looking for it. I have bought things from GAP to H&M to Parasuco etc. If it fits me and my budget I probably would pick it up.
I don't like the design on some H&M jeans, but I'll check the Gap too while I'm shopping. I totally hate their shirts since they're too wide or long for me (even the XS), but I did get a nice jacket there on sale once.
(Mar. 31, 2009  5:01 AM)Khel Wrote: When I started wearing slim fit jeans (not super skinny I like having circulation down there) earlier this year it was so weird. I got used to having to wear baggy clothes all my life to hide my poor physique; however I like it now, it suits me well.

Haha yeah I think we all went through that weird phase of switching to Skinny Jeans, I know i felt really weird wearing them for the first time and now over the years its reversed on me, whenever I wear loose pants I feel weird.

I still wear the same Black pair i bought 2 Years ago, they've served me well Eee
mehhh im still in the skinny jean phaseee Tongue_out
but i cant help it theyve grown on me...

i have a slight dress code at my school. its pretty much no tshirts and uhhh colored jeans are fine and blue jeans only on wednesday... normally a collard shirt but recently it was amended so that u can wear hoodies over a tshirt and be fine. also sweaters are ok all the time and shorts only in early fall and spring... yeaaa...

ive kinda fallen inlove with these sweater things... so i wear them much and often... and then i wear colored jeans Grin but i have a jacket i like that i double up with a sweatshirt Grin

haha anddd idk let me know whatchya think Grin

*dont mind the bed... all my books end up there when i have school so its a complete mess...*

(this is what i wore today Grin)
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

That's a pretty lax dress code. We had a full out uniform. White Shirt, Grey pants, navy blue blazer (mandatory only on Friday) and the most god awful tie (was like a weird green swatch pattern and made of wool). Wearing a suit is so much more comfortable and looks so much nicer.
yea it is really relaxed. my school is more arts oriented so even tho they tell us to "dress for success!" its still extremely relaxed.

the dress code was stricter in middle school. we had to tuck in our shirts and we could only wear khakis with jeans on fridays (i forgot to mention this above and it does apply here is well) but we have to pay a dollar and it goes to an organization. its called a jeans day and when u have an entire school body paying a dollar per person it adds up to quite alot so it kinda helps Grin.
also at the end of a trimester (like when the sports would change) there would be a dress up day where it was like button down shirt, tie, slacks/khakis, nicer shoes, and maybe a blazer if u wanted to.

i find it funny tho that dress up day doesnt exist in the high school and that our dress code became so much more relaxed as we got older.

(i would probably die if i had to wear a full uniform XP)
Yeah we have those days.......but we call them Own Clothes Days seeing as we have to wear a uniform every other day. An awful uniform at that. It's green. It's getting better though.....it was really bad a few years ago when we had to tuck our shirts in. D:

Oh but it's gonna get bad soon. The schools decided on a new dress code for when I'm in Year 13. So far the Sixth Form has been own clothes and, whilst there was a dress code, no on payed all to much attention to it. But now they're thinking about implementing a super dress code where you can't even wear jeans. Crying After the first few weeks of looking nice they were going to be all I (and everyone else) wore. Crying