Fang Leone 130W2D Draft!

Ingulit's personal input and edits on this draft would be really appreciated, at this point ... Writing "A bit of testing has shown [...]" is highly unprofessional, so we need to have clear facts or nothing at all.
I think that it should not say Fang is a substitute for those other attack wheels. Its pretty good and its on par with Blitz.
No it isn't. Otherwise people would have found out about it. Seriously stop spreading false info.
How about you prove your info? When you post something you have to be able to prove it. Especially when it's something no one really agrees with. I don't have to prove anything when challenging what you've said based on common knowledge.
(Apr. 26, 2013  9:46 PM)diblee123 Wrote: Prove it

Stop being so ignorant. I assure you if you keep this attitude up, you will get a warning at the least, and a ban at most.

Fang has decent smash, but cannot be an equal Metal Wheel alongside Blitz and such.
TBH I think Fang is pathetic. I get 20% with it against the outclassed Basalt BD145 CS, while I get 80% against Basalt BD145 CS with Beat and VariAres.
My sister just recently purchased the Takara Tomy version of this bey. I have to agree with what a lot of other posters have been saying, it has much better smash attack in "defense mode." From what we've seen with it against my Earth Virgo GB145BS, it acts like an attack type in defense mode, and more like a defense type in counter mode. This may be due to the height difference though. Maybe someone can check this with a equal/shorter height stamina-type bey?

We've only had it for a short time, but it also seems that, now that it's worn down just a little bit, our W2D has become very aggressive at the beginning of the battle. It then begins to calm itself down, and performs more like a regular WD tip for the rest of the match. Just an observation.
I think it looks fine Fang leone would be a great addition to beyblade wiki!
(May. 05, 2013  3:28 PM)nupmuk Wrote: I think it looks fine Fang leone would be a great addition to beyblade wiki! Beywiki

Beyblade Wiki (or Wikia) is not run by the WBO.

Beywiki is.
Instead of saying, "Otherwise their is no reason to purchase this beyblade asid from collection purposes." "Although their is little competitive use for this beyblade, it is a welcome addition to any collection." It just sounds better.
The second sentence is actually much more positive about Fang Leone than the first ... There is no reason it would be a "welcomed" addition to a Beyblade collection : that is not neutral at all.
You should note that W²D performs Terribly in Hasbro stadiums.
I found worn W²D's work the worst in Hasbro stadiums, in specific Stadiums like Dark helm FX, Hades gate etc Any stadium with giant slopes same with worn EDS's.
W²D has also been found to have attack potential in Zero G due to the side off the tip scraping against the slope of the stadium when when knocked out of the center.
May you please talk a bit more about Leone. I know a lot of people do this, but what you're doing is just talking about the details about the Leone II clear wheel. If you can, try telling how good it is, or if it is a decent CW at least.
But it's not good. That's why it's not discussed, Nupmuk just edit your first post instead of triple posting.
Um, leone is very round and and average weight even with the iron fillings?
It's still outclassed by gasher, Aquario, kerbecs?, hades, Cygnus, etc.
It is three sided?
I have Fang Leone and its not that great with it original pieces. I changed the tip twice. First WD and second WB. It battled way better with those tips. I also changed the spin track to D145 and 105. Better results with those pieces too. Over all if you change it up a bit, it is a great bey.
(Jul. 30, 2013  3:00 AM)FangLeone130WB Wrote: I have Fang Leone and its not that great with it original pieces. I changed the tip twice. First WD and second WB. It battled way better with those tips. I also changed the spin track to D145 and 105. Better results with those pieces too. Over all if you change it up a bit, it is a great bey.

You actually need to change Fang Leone much more before it becomes any good.
Not really just change the tip to an RF or R²F and it is a pretty good smash attacker.
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but that sharp tip at the end of W2D wears really quickly, faster than the original WD. Soon it will take on a rounded/flattened appearance which moves in an SF-ish pattern. Because of that the "wave" on W2D contacts the stadium floor more often, especially so in the BBG-04 stadium. This is really annoying because when I launch Fang Leone it usually goes rogue amd self KOs before I can even reload and launch the second bey. Maybe paired with Kreis in Defense Mode it could create some sort of quasi-Attack Beyblade in competitive situations to take advantage of this tendency and Kreis's (defence mode) natural instability and recoil but I havent bothered to test that.

Also, Leone II is HOLLOW. It weighs exactly the same as Leone I. There is absolutely no difference in Performance. Also, for Attack combo would you consider Kerbecs or Unicorno II to be used with Fang instead of Leone II?
Alright, so unless we discovered anything new about W²D since almost 2012, I think this is ready ? Anything we were hesitating about is basically futile to mention now that Fang is completely outclassed.

Quote:Face: Leone
The Face on this Beyblade depicts a lion, Leo, the fifth astrological sign in the zodiac. The word "LEO" that is on the original Leone Face was removed from this version, and was replaced with a lion's paw with a star on it.

4D Clear Wheel: Leone II
Weight:
Leone II is a 4D Clear Wheel originally released in a dark green, three-sided design that contains the metal powder that all 4D Clear Wheels have. It resembles the original Leone Clear Wheel, as it is circular and has small ridge details, along with 3 screw-like designs on each side. It has found no particular use in the competitive scene due to it being of average weight.

4D Metal Wheel: Fang

This Metal Wheel consists of 6 protrusions which alternate width; one being wide and the other being short. This design resembles Fang's predecessors, [[Leone 145D|Leone]] and [[Rock Leone 145WB|Rock]]. As with Leone and Rock, Fang has proficient Attack that is decent, which is due to its shape and its relatively heavy weight when compared to older Metal Wheels. However, with the release of even heavier and more powerful Metal Wheels such as Flash, Fang has since been outclassed in the modern metagame. Its weight distribution is not on par with those newer Attack Metal Wheels and the weight itself pales in comparison. Furthermore, other more aggressive shapes perform better in Attack combinations.

Being the second installment to the 4D System, the Fang Metal Wheel has a Mode Change that involves flipping the Metal Frame, creating two Modes to choose from. By disassembling the Metal Frame and Core, and flipping the Metal Frame, the user has a choice of "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode".
'''Defense Mode:''' In this mode, the hollow side of the Metal Frame faces downwards and is not visible from above. Defense Mode closely resembles the Leone Wheel's design, as the protrusions angle downwards from the centre out.
'''Counter Mode:''' The hollow side of the Metal Frame faces upwards and is visible from above. Counter Mode deviates from the Leone Wheel design, as some protrusions face up, and some face down.
Out of the two modes, Counter Mode is the most useful for what Fang does best: Smash Attack.

Use In Attack Customization
Fang has great Attack capability but suffers from horrible Recoil, thus it is outclassed by VariAres, Blitz and Flash. If none of those are available, Fang can still be put to somewhat of a good use in the Attack customization '''MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) S130RF'''.

Metal Frame
This Metal Frame has three bulky protrusions that resemble cylinders with edgy curves, forming a shape similar to that of its Leone predecessors. The Metal Frame makes up a majority of the outer protrusions, and is what determines what mode Fang is in. As such, it is a determining factor in maximizing Fang's Smash Attack. This Metal Frame can only be used with its accompanying Core.

Core
Similar to Big Bang Pegasis' Core, this Core has three smooth spikes and, when assembled with Fang’s Metal Frame, remains true to the very circular, cylindrical design the Leone series is known for. The only difference, however, is the narrow width of the protrusions, especially compared with the width of the accompanying Metal Frame’s protrusions. The Core forms the inside of Fang and a small amount of the outside protrusions. This Core can only be matched with Fang’s Metal Frame.

===IMPORTANT: Mold Variations===
In Hasbro’s first Metal Fury release of Fang Leone 130W²D, Fang was rendered in only one piece, and its underside was hollowed out to the extent where 10 grams were lost in its weight. The resulting Metal Wheel cannot change mode and is therefore stuck in its default mode, Defense. Due to its underwhelming weight and inability to switch to Counter Mode, any Attack potential has been lost and replaced with crippling Recoil.

Track: 130
130 is a non-gimmicked, mid-height Track that is has no use over other gimmicked 130 Tracks, specifically S130. It is outclassed in every type due to the many gimmicks and height variations in Metal Fight Beyblade and the extra weight those gimmicks provide.

Bottom: Wave Wide Defense
W²D is generally the same as WD; its only difference is that it has a little sharp tip in the middle of it. The wave around that sharp point extends to form more of a Defense-series base. This wave-like design does not protrude enough to ruin the typical design of Wide Defense. Due to the sharp tip, W²D gets knocked off balance quite easily, but the waves help it maintain Spin Velocity better than a regular WD. Because of this, W²D is seen as being on par with WD in terms of stamina, but most Bladers prefer the safe balance of WD.

A bit of testing has also shown that W²D performs quite well as a bottom for spin stealers/equalizers, and in some cases, better than EWD.

Use in Spin Stealing/Equalizing Customization
W²D can be put to use in the combo '''Meteo L Drago II CH120W²D'''.

Use in Stamina Customization
If WD, SD and EDS are not available, W²D can be put to effective use in the combo
'''MF Duo Aquario AD145W²D'''.

Other Versions
*'''Fang Leone W105R²F Burning Claw Version''' – WBBA Event Exclusive (Red, with modified Face mark)
*'''Black/Blue Fang Metal Wheel''' – WBBA Event Prize
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Pegasis Leone Rev Up Launcher Vs. Set (Gray Clear Wheel, Track, and Tip)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Legend Beyblade Set (Gold)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Hasbro Metal Fury (Printed Face)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Hasbro Metal Fury Recolor (Opaque Clear Wheel, lime green Track and Bottom)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Hasbro Metal Fury Ultimate Gift Set (Printed Face, black Clear Wheel, brown Track, purple Bottom)
*'''Fang Leon 130W²D''' - Hasbro Beyblade Legends Starter (identical to BB-107)

Overall:
130 is completely negligible, and W²D has many alternative, better Bottoms in the only category where it is decent: Stamina. Fang performs moderately well in Smash Attack Customizations, but was outclassed almost upon release. If VariAres, Blitz, Beat and Flash are all unavailable, then Fang is a good substitute. '''Otherwise, there is no reason to purchase this Beyblade aside from collection purposes.'''