Fang Leone 130W2D Draft!

Sorry about that Dan I couldn't find the right word to describe it , anyway I will have changed it by the time you read this Tongue_out

Thanks for the edits guys , I suck at beywiki and this thing kept haunting me so I just want to get at least a decent attempt at it.
Oh, I didn't notice it had "Metal Core".

It's just "core"
Edited thanks again bro your a tank at this stuff Tongue_out
Different versions for Fang Leone:

WBBA Burning Claw
WBBA G4 Silver Frame, Purplish Maroon Core, Green CW
WBBA G4 Silver Frame, Green Core, Greyish Silver CW
WHF Gun Metal Frame, Blue Core, Blue CW

I don't know the official names for these though.
(Jun. 24, 2011  7:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Fang Leone 130W2D Draft !

Face: Leone
The Face on this Beyblade depicts a lion, Leo, the fifth astrological sign in the zodiac. The word "LEO" that is on the original Leone Face was removed from this version, and was replaced with a lion's paw with a star on it.

4D Clear Wheel: Leone II
Weight: 3.07 grams
Leone II is a 4D Clear Wheel originally released in a dark green, three-sided design that contains the metal powder that all 4D Clear Wheels have. It resembles the original Leone Clear Wheel, as it is circular and has small ridge details, along with 3 screw-like designs on each side.

4D Metal Wheel: Fang
Weight 39.76 grams
The Fang Metal Wheel consists of 6 protrusions which alternate width; one being wide and the other being short. This design resembles Fang's predecessors, Leone and Rock. As with Leone and Rock, Fang has proficient Attack that is a favorite of many, which is due to the shape of Fang and it's heavy weight when compared to older Attack Wheels and Metal Wheels.

Being the second installment to the 4D System, the Fang Metal Wheel has a Mode Change that involves flipping the Metal Frame, creating two Modes to choose from. By disassembling the Metal Frame and Core, and flipping the Metal Frame, the user has a choice of "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode". In Defense Mode, the hollow side of the Metal Frame faces downwards and is not visible from above. Defense Mode closely resembles the Leone Wheel's design, as the protrusions angle downwards from the centre out. In Counter Mode, the hollow side of the Metal Frame faces upwards and is visible from above. Counter Mode deviates from the Leone Wheel design, as some protrusions face up, and some face down. Out of the two, Counter Mode is the most useful for what Fang does best: Smash Attack.

Use In Attack Customization
Fang has great attack capability but suffers from horrible recoil, thus it is outclassed by VariAres and Blitz. If none of those are available Fang can still be put to use in the attack customization MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) S130RF.

Metal Frame
Weight: 21.08 grams
This Metal Frame has three bulky protrusions that resemble cylinders with edgy curves, forming a shape similar to that of its predecessors. The Metal Frame makes up a majority of the outer protrusions, and is what determines what Mode Fang is in. As such, it is a determining factor in maximizing Fang's Smash Attack. This Metal Frame must be used with it's accompanying Core and can only be used on it's accompanying Core.

Core
Weight: 18.68 grams
Similar to Big Bang Pegasis' Core, this Core has three smooth spikes and when formed with the Metal Frame remain true to the very circular, cylindrical design the Leone series is known for. The only difference however, is the narrow width of the protrusions and it's width comparison with the pairing Metal Frame. The Core makes up the inside of Fang and a small amount of the outside protrusions. This Core must be used with it's accompanying Metal Frame and can only be used with it's accompanying Metal Frame.

Track: 130
Weight: 1.33 grams
130 is a non gimmicked, mid height Track that is never used over other gimmicked 130 Tracks, specifically S130. It is outclassed in every type due to the many gimmicks and height variations in MFB.

Bottom: Wave Wide Defense
Weight: 0.82 grams
W2D looks just like WD, except that it has a little sharp tip in the middle of it and waves next to that sharp point. This design does not protrude enough to ruin the typical design of Wide Defense. Due to the sharp tip, W2D gets knocked of balance quite easily, but the waves help it maintain spin velocity better then WD. Because of this, W2D is seen as being on par with WD in terms of stamina, but most Bladers prefer the balance of WD.

Use in Stamina Customization:
If WD or EDS is not available you can still use W2D effectively in the combo
MF Scythe Kronos AD145W2D.

Other Versions
WBBA Fang Leone W105R2F Burning Claw Version.
WBBA Limited Edition Black/Blue Fang Metal Wheel.

Overall:
130 is completely negligible, and W2D has many alternative Bottoms, but Fang performs very well in Smash Attack Customizations. It is not overwhelmingly powerful like Metal Wheels such as VariAres and Blitz, but still lives up to and exceeds the Attack power of the previous Leone releases. Any Blader with an adequate collection is advised to buy this Beyblade.

Corrected/Added parts in bold, weights came from AD's Fang Leone video.
Underlined the already bolded parts to avoid confusion.
(Oct. 19, 2011  8:02 AM)Uwik Wrote: Different versions for Fang Leone:

WBBA Burning Claw
WBBA G4 Silver Frame, Purplish Maroon Core, Green CW
WBBA G4 Silver Frame, Green Core, Greyish Silver CW
WHF Gun Metal Frame, Blue Core, Blue CW

I don't know the official names for these though.

They do not have official names, except the first one should probably be extended to "Burning Claw Ver. W105R²F".
(Jun. 24, 2011  7:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Counter Mode is the most useful for what Fang does best: Smash Attack.

Fang has great attack capability but suffers from horrible recoil, thus it is outclassed by VariAres and Blitz. If none of those are available Fang can still be put to use in the attack customization MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) S130RF.

Counter Mode is horrible for the Smash Attack! The best way to use its Smash Attack is Defense Mode!
Also,S130 is an horrible track for Fang Leone!
The best track is C145,that prevents a lot of Self-Kill when you launch Fang Leone with all the strenght!

I originally had that combo in but then when edits were made it was changed , I wouldn't go and say it is horrible as S130 is more than likely the second best option for Fang , and I find Counter to be better overall while Defense only does better then when it is taller then its opponent.
(Oct. 21, 2011  11:30 PM)RustyXD Wrote: I originally had that combo in but then when edits were made it was changed , I wouldn't go and say it is horrible as S130 is more than likely the second best option for Fang , and I find Counter to be better overall while Defense only does better then when it is taller then its opponent.

I don't agree.
130 is a track that doesn't work very well nor against low tracks and >= 145
Also,S130 doesn't prevent any selfkill,C145 does it!
Fang is one of the worst MW in terms of Stamina,and for this reason all the bladers that use it,must have a strong launch; stronger than normal. Because of this,C145 is very important both for the height and your purpose!
Also,Counter Mode put in evidence too much points out of the Bey's axis,making this unbalanced and, having a funnel shape,not too much contact point with opponent's MW,excepting for the superior surface!
Defense Mode doesn't have this problem,and it does better against lower opponents and opponents at the same height. With taller opponents you'll not win both with Defense or Counter Mode!
Haha OK after playing around a bit with both combos C145 does do way better so I will change that Smile
Have you tested also the difference between Counter and Defense Mode?
I will do that soon but after some messing around with both of them Defense seems more reliable.
How is this ?

I am not certain at all about recommending that "any Blader with an adequate collection is advised to buy this Beyblade" ...

Quote:Face: Leone
The Face on this Beyblade depicts a lion, Leo, the fifth astrological sign in the zodiac. The word "LEO" that is on the original Leone Face was removed from this version, and was replaced with a lion's paw with a star on it.

Weight:
Leone II is a 4D Clear Wheel originally released in a dark green, three-sided design that contains the metal powder that all 4D Clear Wheels have. It resembles the original Leone Clear Wheel, as it is circular and has small ridge details, along with 3 screw-like designs on each side. It has found no particular use in the competitive scene.

This Metal Wheel consists of 6 protrusions which alternate width; one being wide and the other being short. This design resembles Fang's predecessors, [[Leone 145D|Leone]] and [[Rock Leone 145WB|Rock]]. As with Leone and Rock, Fang has proficient Attack that is a favorite of many, which is due to its shape and its relatively heavy weight when compared to older Attack Wheels and Metal Wheels.

Being the second installment to the 4D System, the Fang Metal Wheel has a Mode Change that involves flipping the Metal Frame, creating two Modes to choose from. By disassembling the Metal Frame and Core, and flipping the Metal Frame, the user has a choice of "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode".
'''Defense Mode:''' In this mode, the hollow side of the Metal Frame faces downwards and is not visible from above. Defense Mode closely resembles the Leone Wheel's design, as the protrusions angle downwards from the centre out.
'''Counter Mode:''' The hollow side of the Metal Frame faces upwards and is visible from above. Counter Mode deviates from the Leone Wheel design, as some protrusions face up, and some face down.
Out of the two modes, Counter Mode is the most useful for what Fang does best: Smash Attack.

Fang has great attack capability but suffers from horrible recoil, thus it is outclassed by VariAres and Blitz. If none of those are available, Fang can still be put to use in the Attack customization '''MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) S130RF'''.

Metal Frame
This Metal Frame has three bulky protrusions that resemble cylinders with edgy curves, forming a shape similar to that of its Leone predecessors. The Metal Frame makes up a majority of the outer protrusions, and is what determines what Mode Fang is in. As such, it is a determining factor in maximizing Fang's Smash Attack. This Metal Frame can only be used with its accompanying Core.

Core
Similar to Big Bang Pegasis' Core, this Core has three smooth spikes and, when assembled with Fang’s Metal Frame, remains true to the very circular, cylindrical design the Leone series is known for. The only difference, however, is the narrow width of the protrusions, especially compared with the width of the accompanying Metal Frame’s protrusions. The Core forms the inside of Fang and a small amount of the outside protrusions. This Core can only be matched with Fang’s Metal Frame.

===IMPORTANT: Mold Variations===
In Hasbro’s internation release of Fang Leone 130W²D, Fang was rendered in only one piece, and its underside was hollowed out to a point where 10 grams were lost in its weight. The resulting Metal Wheel cannot change mode and is therefore stuck in its default mode, Defense.

130 is a non-gimmicked, mid-height Track that is never used over other gimmicked 130 Tracks, specifically S130. It is outclassed in every type due to the many gimmicks and height variations in MFB.

W²D looks just like WD, except that it has a little sharp tip in the middle of it and waves next to that sharp point that extend to form more of a Defense-series base. This design does not protrude enough to ruin the typical design of Wide Defense. Due to the sharp tip, W²D gets knocked off balance quite easily, but the waves help it maintain Spin Velocity better than a regular WD. Because of this, W²D is seen as being on par with WD in terms of stamina, but most Bladers prefer the safe balance of WD.

If WD, SD and EDS are not available, you can still use W²D effectively in the combo
MF Duo Aquario AD145W²D.

Other Versions
*'''Fang Leone W105R²F Burning Claw Version''' – WBBA Event Exclusive (Red, with modified Face mark)
*'''Black/Blue Fang Metal Wheel''' – WBBA Event Prize

Overall:
130 is completely negligible, and W²D has many alternative, better Bottoms. Fang also performs moderately well in Smash Attack Customizations, but was outclassed almost upon release. If VariAres, Blitz, Beat and Flash are all unavailable, then Fang is a good substitute. '''There is no reason to purchase this Beyblade aside from collection purposes.'''
Those last posts were probably before the Wave 8 Blitz and Variares were released, but I think Beat was still better then Fang upon release. It should probably read something along the lines of this:

"130 is completely negligible, and W²D has many alternative, better Bottoms. Fang performs moderately well in Smash Attack Customizations, but was outclassed upon release and continues to be so today by Wheels such as Blitz, Flash, and Variares. If one does not own any of the aforementioned Wheels, This Beyblade should not be purchased aside from collection purposes."

Um Fang is completely outclassed by 4 attack wheels these days. Also Blitz isn't as good as the Vari and Flash and neither of those two are overly powerful. There is absolutely no point in buying it since all the parts are outclassed by others.

Edit: GM Phantom got it right although the last sentence makes no sense.
I have modified the Overall section.
(Jul. 04, 2012  12:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: '''Defense Mode:''' In this mode, the hollow side of the Metal Frame faces downwards and is not visible from above. Defense Mode closely resembles the Leone Wheel's design, as the protrusions angle downwards from the centre out.
'''Counter Mode:''' The hollow side of the Metal Frame faces upwards and is visible from above. Counter Mode deviates from the Leone Wheel design, as some protrusions face up, and some face down.
Out of the two modes, Counter Mode is the most useful for what Fang does best: Smash Attack.

Fang has great attack capability but suffers from horrible recoil, thus it is outclassed by VariAres and Blitz. If none of those are available, Fang can still be put to use in the Attack customization '''MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) S130RF'''.

From our experiences, we have always played Fang in its Defense Mode, never in Counter Mode.
As you said, Defense Mode is really similar to Rock and Leone, and if both of them had a lot of Smash Attack, I don't know why it should be different for the Defense Mode of Fang. Also, the Counter Mode has a bad shape, it is very incostant due to its "funnel" shape and it has less chance to create Smash Attack if the opponent is playing a Bey with a lower track than yours. That said, from what tests Counter Mode resulted better than Defense Mode? I'm not arguing of course, I'm just curious.

Furthermore, we have always played it with C145 that prevents a lot of self-kills. It's because due to its bad stamina, Fang needs to be shooted with a very strong launch to have the best result during the firt moments of the match. Also, C145 gives you more chances to win against taller Beys.

Finally, I agree with what you have written.
(Jul. 04, 2012  12:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
Quote:Bottom: Wave Wide Defense
W²D is generally the same as WD; its only difference is that it has a little sharp tip in the middle of it. The waves next to that sharp point that extend to form more of a Defense-series base. This design does not protrude enough to ruin the typical design of Wide Defense. Due to the sharp tip, W²D gets knocked off balance quite easily, but the waves help it maintain Spin Velocity better than a regular WD. Because of this, W²D is seen as being on par with WD in terms of stamina, but most Bladers prefer the safe balance of WD.

If WD, SD and EDS are not available, you can still use W²D can but to effective use in the combo
MF Duo Aquario AD145W²D.

Other Versions
*'''Fang Leone W105R²F Burning Claw Version''' – WBBA Event Exclusive (Red, with modified Face mark)

Overall:
130 is completely negligible, and W²D has many alternative, better Bottoms. Fang also performs moderately well in Smash Attack Customizations, but was outclassed almost upon release. If VariAres, Blitz, Beat and Flash are all unavailable, then Fang is a good substitute. '''Otherwise, there is no reason to purchase this Beyblade aside from collection purposes.'''

Did a bit of editing in the W2D and Overall section. Fix whatever you see fit Smile

The black recolour from the Hong Kong set with the recolour of big bang pegasis needs to be added.
Ingulit's Cookbook Wrote:# MF-H Meteo L-Drago TR145W2D
* Someone wanted to hear how W2D does with spin stealers, so here we are!
* Oh my goodness this worked very, very well. Like, better than EWD in my opinion. I’m going to keep testing Meteo variants with this guy.
# Meteo L-Drago CH120W2D
* Let’s try the other popular spin equalizer with W2D instead of EWD.
* Okay, yeah, I DEFINITELY like W2D better than EWD on spin equalizers. I’m winning by at least 5 or 6 more rotations than I did with EWD on an identical combo.
Yes, I know we don't have many tests. But still.
(Dec. 18, 2012  10:42 PM)Ultra Wrote: The black recolour from the Hong Kong set with the recolour of big bang pegasis needs to be added.

The Legend Beyblade Set Ver. too.
So, I guess this is what we have so far...
Quote:
Yeah, according to Ingulit's Cookbook above, W2D performs pretty nicely in Spin Stealing combos, so I decided to add that part in the W2D section.

I added the other versions that Cannon and Ultra mentioned as well.
Quote:Face: Leone

Weight:
Leone II is a 4D Clear Wheel originally released in a dark green, three-sided design that contains the metal powder that all 4D Clear Wheels have. It resembles the original Leone Clear Wheel, as it is circular and has small ridge details, along with 3 screw-like designs on each side. It has found no particular use in the competitive scene.

This Metal Wheel consists of 6 protrusions which alternate width; one being wide and the other being short. This design resembles Fang's predecessors, [[Leone 145D|Leone]] and [[Rock Leone 145WB|Rock]]. As with Leone and Rock, Fang has proficient Attack that is a favorite of many, which is due to its shape and its relatively heavy weight when compared to older Attack Wheels and Metal Wheels. Maybe the sentence that it is a favorite of many should be edited, it does not seem all that popular anymore. Metal Wheels like Blitz, VariAres, and Flash take precedence.

Being the second installment to the 4D System, the Fang Metal Wheel has a Mode Change that involves flipping the Metal Frame, creating two Modes to choose from. By disassembling the Metal Frame and Core, and flipping the Metal Frame, the user has a choice of "Defense Mode" and "Counter Mode".
'''Defense Mode:''' In this mode, the hollow side of the Metal Frame faces downwards and is not visible from above. Defense Mode closely resembles the Leone Wheel's design, as the protrusions angle downwards from the centre out.

Fang has great attack capability but suffers from horrible recoil, thus it is outclassed by VariAres, Blitz and Flash. If none of those are available, Fang can still be put to somewhat of a use in the Attack customization '''MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) S130RF'''.

Metal Frame
This Metal Frame has three bulky protrusions that resemble cylinders with edgy curves, forming a shape similar to that of its Leone predecessors. The Metal Frame makes up a majority of the outer protrusions, and is what determines what Mode Fang is in. As such, it is a determining factor in maximizing Fang's Smash Attack. This Metal Frame can only be used with its accompanying Core.

Core
Similar to Big Bang Pegasis' Core, this Core has three smooth spikes and, when assembled with Fang’s Metal Frame, remains true to the very circular, cylindrical design the Leone series is known for. The only difference, however, is the narrow width of the protrusions, especially compared with the width of the accompanying Metal Frame’s protrusions. The Core forms the inside of Fang and a small amount of the outside protrusions. This Core can only be matched with Fang’s Metal Frame.

===IMPORTANT: Mold Variations===
In Hasbro’s first Metal Fury release of Fang Leone 130W²D, Fang was rendered in only one piece, and its underside was hollowed out to a point where 10 grams were lost in its weight. The resulting Metal Wheel cannot change mode and is therefore stuck in its default mode, Defense. Due to its underwhelming weight and inability to switch to Counter Mode, any Attack potential has been stolen and replaced with crippling Recoil.

130 is a non-gimmicked, mid-height Track that is never used over other gimmicked 130 Tracks, specifically S130. It is outclassed in every type due to the many gimmicks and height variations in MFB.

W²D is generally the same as WD; its only difference is that it has a little sharp tip in the middle of it. The waves next to that sharp point that extend to form more of a Defense-series base. This design does not protrude enough to ruin the typical design of Wide Defense. Due to the sharp tip, W²D gets knocked off balance quite easily, but the waves help it maintain Spin Velocity better than a regular WD. Because of this, W²D is seen as being on par with WD in terms of stamina, but most Bladers prefer the safe balance of WD.

A bit of testing has also shown that W²D performs quite well as a bottom for spin stealers/equalizers, and in some cases, better than EWD.

Use in Spin Stealing/Equalizing Customization
W²D can be put to use in the combo '''Meteo L Drago II CH120W²D'''.

If WD, SD and EDS are not available, W²D can put to effective use in the combo
MF Duo Aquario AD145W²D.

Other Versions
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Pegasis Leone Rev Up Launcher Vs. Set (Gray Clear Wheel, Track, and Tip)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Legend Beyblade Set (Gold)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Hasbro Metal Fury (Printed Face)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Hasbro Metal Fury Recolor (Opaque Clear Wheel, lime green Track and Bottom)
*'''Fang Leone 130W²D''' - Hasbro Metal Fury Ultimate Gift Set (Printed Face, black Clear Wheel, brown Track, purple Bottom)

Overall:
130 is completely negligible, and W²D has many alternative, better Bottoms. Fang performs moderately well in Smash Attack Customizations, but was outclassed almost upon release. If VariAres, Blitz, Beat and Flash are all unavailable, then Fang is a good substitute. '''Otherwise, there is no reason to purchase this Beyblade aside from collection purposes.'''

I edited the version in BladerPegasis's post.
You spelled "inability" wrong in the Mold Variations section. Tongue_out

Also, could you fix the other versions section and change the W2D to one that actually has a number on top? Not quite sure how to do that, ahah...
They have both been fixed now in my earlier post.